What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bozncsurf Getting ready to install my new tires and wheels. Here is a comparison shot of a 315/70/17 KO2 and a 295/70/18 Toyo OC MT. Both mounted and inflated to the same pressure. Very interesting.

BCBAA2D4-EFDA-4C00-B78F-B209A20B991F.jpeg

D49476DC-A102-4587-8A65-88DAB09F8D03.jpeg

@bozncsurf Got the new shoes on. Pictures do not do it justice. I’m very pleased.

ACF5E9AC-490F-46FA-A3E8-4C01420D791B.jpeg

789AAF48-36B0-4BCD-B182-78F26BF33B3B.jpeg

91AB1904-2FEA-421D-B242-DD154DDF2D85.jpeg

C7DABD95-AC3D-4C11-8BAF-7B40A9E73080.jpeg

What are you doing with your old setup? Why the switch?
Just wanted a change, and wanted to try a more aggressive tire.

I’ve put my old setup in the classifieds:

@bozncsurf Got the new shoes on. Pictures do not do it justice. I’m very pleased.

View attachment 1901462

View attachment 1901463

View attachment 1901464

View attachment 1901465
Solid choice sir!

Thumbs up on the black methods. Your truck can pull off the black on black better than some because the colored bumpers / cladding break it up nicely.

Those are some beefy lugs on the Toyo’s. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the tires - supposedly one of the best riding MTs with a ridiculously long wear life (... not that you keep a set of wheels & tires longer than 10k miles!) 😜

285/75r18 ???

Thanks for sharing.

Solid choice sir!

Thumbs up on the black methods. Your truck can pull off the black on black better than some because the colored bumpers / cladding break it up nicely.

Those are some beefy lugs on the Toyo’s. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the tires - supposedly one of the best riding MTs with a ridiculously long wear life (... not that you keep a set of wheels & tires longer than 10k miles!) 😜

285/75r18 ???

Thanks for sharing.
No, they are 295/70r18. I thought long and hard about going with 285/75r18s but I was just afraid I’d be giving up too much power towing my TT.

I can definitely tell the Toyos weigh more then the KO2s, especially braking, but it’s not too bad. I’ve got headers going on next month to maybe help a little bit with the other side of things. Hopefully I’ll be able tell a difference.

So far they are definitely louder then the KO2s but they are smooth as butter. I’m very surprised, and very happy.

No, they are 295/70r18. I thought long and hard about going with 285/75r18s but I was just afraid I’d be giving up too much power towing my TT.

I can definitely tell the Toyos weigh more then the KO2s, especially braking, but it’s not too bad. I’ve got headers going on next month to maybe help a little bit with the other side of things. Hopefully I’ll be able tell a difference.

So far they are definitely louder then the KO2s but they are smooth as butter. I’m very surprised, and very happy.

I think 295/70 was smart. I feel like the consensus up here is 34” is the new 35” (minus all the headaches). Plus coming from a 315 you’re used to a little more width.

My guess is that these compared to your previous setup are actually taller and the same width.

Looking to do this before a big trip in a couple months. Do you have the part number? Also did you do the hoses too? Thanks!
I used 77740-60440. Perfect fit. Didn’t replace associated hoses, but in retrospect, I would.

Found some snow to play in up on Chews Ridge. Fun trip, but I removed my roof rack yesterday and thought I sealed up the mounting holes good enough so rain water wouldn't get in. Sure enough, I had a small puddle of water on my passenger floormat this morning. On the way up the mountain I noticed my "D" light flickering in the gauge cluster, and my climate control, outside temp, and clock were out. Thought about turning around, but continued on. Everything went back to normal and the fam had fun. I was stressing a little, but I knew my LX wouldn't let me down.

The STT Pros worked really good! Tons of traction.

20190210_113531.jpg

20190210_121915.jpg

20190210_150119.jpg

Found some snow to play in up on Chews Ridge. Fun trip, but I removed my roof rack yesterday and thought I sealed up the mounting holes good enough so rain water wouldn't get in. Sure enough, I had a small puddle of water on my passenger floormat this morning. On the way up the mountain I noticed my "D" light flickering in the gauge cluster, and my climate control, outside temp, and clock were out. Thought about turning around, but continued on. Everything went back to normal and the fam had fun. I was stressing a little, but I knew my LX wouldn't let me down.

The STT Pros worked really good! Tons of traction.

View attachment 1901797

View attachment 1901800

View attachment 1901802
Sweet rig!!! Looks like you and the family had a great day in the snow! How's your new rack coming along? I saw you post awhile back that you were thinking of redoing it. Did you also make your bumpers too?

Last edited:
Installed this 25w dual band ham radio. Fits perfectly where the ashtray slot goes. No cutting at all. Power it from the cigarette lighter wired behind the dash. I have a magnetic antenna on the bumper now, but my LED headlights are seriously interfering with the radio reception.

20190210_160530.jpg

Sweet rig!!! Looks like you and the family had a great day in the snow! How's your new rack coming along? I saw you post awhile back that you were thinking of redoing it. Did you also make your bumpers too?

Thanks, man! Snow is rare around here, so we had to take advantage of it.

The new rack is moving along. Just trying to figure out how I want to incorporate my light bar into it. Got some new 5in slim light bars today for alley lights. Should have it done in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I made my front and rear bumpers. Sliders, too.

I originally was just taking out the subwoofer (broken foam) to install something else, but my OCD wasn't having it. I cleaned everything... and I mean everything: plastic side panels, plastic covers, metals brackets, body metal, bolts, under the carpet all the way up to the foot wells, seatbelts, etc., etc. There went my Sunday :meh: Also, took the opportunity to take out the center console bracket to clean it. Anyone else seen theirs? Wasn't expecting that much rust - surprising because the rest of the interior has zero rust.

Next steps will include: Shampooing the carpet and headliner, Removing door panels and replacing speakers, removing headliner as well and dynamating the entire interior. Any place that is just absolutely overkill to dynamat?

Changed out the fan clutch. Old one was stuck on all the time. I was able to take it off just by removing the intake tube. Didn't need to disconnect any hoses.
4LwWE2C.jpg

deCMV32.jpg

My new Aussie plates...now I just have to figure out where to hang it.

View attachment 1900441

Just use it as your front plate :) I've had mine on for over 5 years (previously on my Outback) and have never had an issue with the law. My neighbor is a DPS Trooper and a friend of mine is an Austin Police member and both have told me that it's not any issue that a cop will be concerned with .... as long as you have a legit rear plate visible. It's a great conversation piece :)

IMG_2222.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom