What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

Replaced my power antenna with a OE replacement from this place. Forgot to put the antenna down before going through a car wash! Took myself and my 7yr old less than 5 minutes to swap out. All we had to do was extract the old, which the teeth were fully entact, and pull the new one in by pushing the down button on the mast control. She had a blast, and asked what else she can fix!!!!

1sar39

SILVER Star
Picked up some steel for a new roof rack. The one I have is ok, but kind of slapped it together without much thought. It's a tray style and lacks tie downs, and an easy way to mount the rtt. The new one will fix that, and i need a project to break in my new Makita cold saw.

20190208_120253.jpg

Picked up some steel for a new roof rack. The one I have is ok, but kind of slapped it together without much thought. It's a tray style and lacks tie downs, and an easy way to mount the rtt. The new one will fix that, and i need a project to break in my new Makita cold saw.

View attachment 1900358
If it’s anything like you previous rack and bumper designs - then I’m sure it’s gonna turn out sweet.

mmbirtcher

SILVER Star
Changed spark plugs at 120k. Discovered the cylinder head gaskets to be leaking with some contamination on the spark plugs as well. Leaks not too bad so I gently tightened the bolts and ordered needed parts to replace gaskets, bolts and spark plug tube gaskets. Forgot the PCV oops. Also just replaced the charcoal cannister for about 300 clams and an hour easy work. And, most importantly, WASHED IT!

Changed spark plugs at 120k. Discovered the cylinder head gaskets to be leaking with some contamination on the spark plugs as well. Leaks not too bad so I gently tightened the bolts and ordered needed parts to replace gaskets, bolts and spark plug tube gaskets. Forgot the PCV oops. Also just replaced the charcoal cannister for about 300 clams and an hour easy work. And, most importantly, WASHED IT!
View attachment 1900583
Where did you get the charcoal canister? OEM?

mmbirtcher

SILVER Star
Where did you get the charcoal canister? OEM?
OEM for a little over $300 shipped. I did notice many online dealer sources listed it as discontinued. Same part number for Toyota or Lexus on this part I believe. I just looked until one said they had it. Easy job. I think I saw a Dorman replacement for $225 while I was looking, but I’m not a fan of aftermarket unless it’s a product known to be better than OEM. More info on this thread- Real Time Help Needed- Charcoal Cannister on Road near Vegas

OEM for a little over $300 shipped. I did notice many online dealer sources listed it as discontinued. Same part number for Toyota or Lexus on this part I believe. I just looked until one said they had it. Easy job. I think I saw a Dorman replacement for $225 while I was looking, but I’m not a fan of aftermarket unless it’s a product known to be better than OEM. More info on this thread- Real Time Help Needed- Charcoal Cannister on Road near Vegas
Looking to do this before a big trip in a couple months. Do you have the part number? Also did you do the hoses too? Thanks!

Dparo

SILVER Star
A few weeks ago I did the 3M headlight restoration kit and was not happy with the results at all. Today I installed new housings and did the 9011/9012 mod and install. Wow, what a difference!

ga12r1

Pimento Cheese King
SILVER Star
What are you doing with your old setup? Why the switch?
Just wanted a change, and wanted to try a more aggressive tire.

I’ve put my old setup in the classifieds:

@bozncsurf Got the new shoes on. Pictures do not do it justice. I’m very pleased.

View attachment 1901462

View attachment 1901463

View attachment 1901464

View attachment 1901465
Solid choice sir!

Thumbs up on the black methods. Your truck can pull off the black on black better than some because the colored bumpers / cladding break it up nicely.

Those are some beefy lugs on the Toyo’s. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the tires - supposedly one of the best riding MTs with a ridiculously long wear life (... not that you keep a set of wheels & tires longer than 10k miles!) 😜

285/75r18 ???

Thanks for sharing.

ga12r1

Pimento Cheese King
SILVER Star
Solid choice sir!

Thumbs up on the black methods. Your truck can pull off the black on black better than some because the colored bumpers / cladding break it up nicely.

Those are some beefy lugs on the Toyo’s. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the tires - supposedly one of the best riding MTs with a ridiculously long wear life (... not that you keep a set of wheels & tires longer than 10k miles!) 😜

285/75r18 ???

Thanks for sharing.
No, they are 295/70r18. I thought long and hard about going with 285/75r18s but I was just afraid I’d be giving up too much power towing my TT.

I can definitely tell the Toyos weigh more then the KO2s, especially braking, but it’s not too bad. I’ve got headers going on next month to maybe help a little bit with the other side of things. Hopefully I’ll be able tell a difference.

So far they are definitely louder then the KO2s but they are smooth as butter. I’m very surprised, and very happy.

No, they are 295/70r18. I thought long and hard about going with 285/75r18s but I was just afraid I’d be giving up too much power towing my TT.

I can definitely tell the Toyos weigh more then the KO2s, especially braking, but it’s not too bad. I’ve got headers going on next month to maybe help a little bit with the other side of things. Hopefully I’ll be able tell a difference.

So far they are definitely louder then the KO2s but they are smooth as butter. I’m very surprised, and very happy.
I think 295/70 was smart. I feel like the consensus up here is 34” is the new 35” (minus all the headaches). Plus coming from a 315 you’re used to a little more width.

My guess is that these compared to your previous setup are actually taller and the same width.

Top Bottom