What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In addition to swapping my busted front diff earlier this week (and retightening wheel bearings), I also installed my new YotaMD key, installed my new Owl Expedition puddle lights, replaced the headlight bulbs with the Philips Vision Plus H1s (huge improvement!), and put a new snap ring on the end of my PS CV.

And then took her out to Ocala NF with the wife & kids and got it all covered in mud! Beautiful day, amazing truck. So glad to be on the team!

upload_2018-12-26_20-55-4.jpeg

upload_2018-12-26_20-55-18.jpeg

upload_2018-12-26_20-55-41.jpeg

upload_2018-12-26_20-55-52.jpeg

upload_2018-12-26_20-57-3.jpeg

Not much 100 activities. Just used it to haul the saws and gear.
4FBF1266-B282-4C99-AB66-644ACDF70A84.jpeg

E3E2B98E-A953-471B-BB8B-F5B8D60E5023.jpeg

Headed to Michigan for a few days with the family! They thought I was going to rent a suv/van...! Heck naw!!!
Why would I rent one when we have a reliable luxury 100 in the driveway that’ll hold all 5 of us & our junk. :)

837BCC15-B0E9-4AD5-909D-6E5658F3B8BC.jpeg

It’s freaking 3AM I’m in Illinois and I see a Dunkin’ Donuts sign for some COFFEE. I’m tired and I have 3 hrs left....

2B573491-58FE-49FF-A9BB-83C3C197EC1A.jpeg

One of my MANY GAS STOPS..! LOL

Whew, man it’s 25 degrees and sleeting vs the 61 degrees it was 8 hours ago in Mississippi!

7F79D6A0-38DA-4792-97A1-D9A6E416E3A8.jpeg

MADE IT! That’s my sisters 2007 LX in the background that replaced my 02’ LX that I got my from her and the brother-in-law. It was a home coming.. lol they couldn’t believe how I turned it around.

Last edited:
Took the family out to play in the snow yesterday.
IMG_E0560.JPG

I aired down to about 18 psi. What's the minimum people usually do on 18" OEM wheels with 275/70R18? I got kinda stuck so I had to put chains on.
Unfortunately, the fun was overshadowed by a stupid error. I backed into a wall of ice in the parking lot at the rest area.
IMG_6162.JPG

OUCH! Lift gate and tail gate are pretty badly damaged. I think the tail gate is not salvageable. Also cracked the light. I'm checking tomorrow with a guy who did some magic on my 80-series to see if he can fix the lift gate. Feel pretty stupid. I just got some cash for Christmas and fantasy football winnings that I was going to put toward a Dissent front... but not anymore.

OUCH! Lift gate and tail gate are pretty badly damaged. I think the tail gate is not salvageable. Also cracked the light. I'm checking tomorrow with a guy who did some magic on my 80-series to see if he can fix the lift gate. Feel pretty stupid. I just got some cash for Christmas and fantasy football winnings that I was going to put toward a Dissent front... but not anymore.

If it makes you feel better, I backed my 2-week-old-to-me '05 LX into a tree on its first trip to the mountains. Another LX had pulled up to the parking lot, I was checking it out while watching the wrong tree and smacked it.

Today I buttoned up my ARB install. Got the lights put in, rubber trim pieces, and decided the best place to stick my winch hook for now is the J-hook under the truck. Something I wasn't fully aware of when I bought this bumper: there are no recovery points here and my Trail Tailor recovery points aren't compatible with the bumper in place. I also cranked on my bars a little to compensate for the new weight. Current hub to fender is at 22" and I've got about 3/8" rake still. Seems to handle fine.

If it makes you feel better, I backed my 2-week-old-to-me '05 LX into a tree on its first trip to the mountains. Another LX had pulled up to the parking lot, I was checking it out while watching the wrong tree and smacked it.

Today I buttoned up my ARB install. Got the lights put in, rubber trim pieces, and decided the best place to stick my winch hook for now is the J-hook under the truck. Something I wasn't fully aware of when I bought this bumper: there are no recovery points here and my Trail Tailor recovery points aren't compatible with the bumper in place. I also cranked on my bars a little to compensate for the new weight. Current hub to fender is at 22" and I've got about 3/8" rake still. Seems to handle fine.

You can buy spacers from him that make the recovery points work with ARB bumpers. I also bought some longer bolts to be safe.

Looking good, I'm planning on going the ARB route too. Do you know if the bull bar stick out as far as the Sahara bar? With a Sahara is like having a diving board out front lol

Looking good, I'm planning on going the ARB route too. Do you know if the bull bar stick out as far as the Sahara bar? With a Sahara is like having a diving board out front lol

I couldn't say for the Sahara, but this definitely sticks out. It's noticeable in the way the truck handles. The actual 'bull bar' portion makes it look less buck-toothy than if it weren't there, I think.

got the rims sent to the powder coat shop (Prismatic Powders Sterling Black), Replaced BOTH heater T's, flushed the AHC fluid and adjusted the TB's to bring pressures in check ( "now" F 6.7, R 6.4 "was" F 8.2, R 7.0)

Took the family out to play in the snow yesterday.
View attachment 1863749
I aired down to about 18 psi. What's the minimum people usually do on 18" OEM wheels with 275/70R18? I got kinda stuck so I had to put chains on.
Unfortunately, the fun was overshadowed by a stupid error. I backed into a wall of ice in the parking lot at the rest area.
View attachment 1863751

How about a rear bumper with a tire carrier to block the damage instead? Who cares man, honestly.... these trucks are meant to be used!! Just go off-road it and put some more scratches and dings without fear now!

Mine is mechanically a cream puff but the exterior is a different story. I wear any damage as a badge of honor. Every scuff has a story—it means you are USING it! Good on you.

(As long as it still opens, obviously)

Welded on recovery points and $30 jeep LEDs.

6DB9CDD6-6E7C-40D1-BB52-089EC3B0F48D.jpeg

57116C70-786C-4E1D-B497-A857F8E77E8B.jpeg

points.jpg

My girlfriend got me a pair of Baja Designs Squadrons for XMAS, they're spot/flood combined. Personally, I couldn't justify spending $200+ on a pair of lights until I saw the light output... HOLY CRAP THEY ARE WORTH EVERY DOLLAR! These two small lights are 10x brighter than my previous Amazon specials LEDs! Even brighter and more focus than 2x of my 9inch Amazon LED spotlights on my roof rack.

On the third picture, you can see how bright they are! I had only the Baja on, no headlights! I am very pleased with it.

65GsGh1.jpg

uTwxyGm.jpg

my4p2fc.jpg

j7PXtVc.jpg
Looks great! Where did you get the mounting brackets for your hood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom