What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never heard of this paint. I use some Krylon stuff and it keeps chipping where the kids and i step onto the slider. How does this hold up to being stepped on?
I will let you know in a few months, if you look at the metaltech slider group buy thread from this spring/summer there were a few people who used the same/or the same brand paint in a different variety. They will be able to speak for the durability better than i can at the time.
Roughly how many rattle cans did you end up using? Did you use the self etching primer? Slider painting may be in my near future :)

I used 3 cans. (Bought a 6pack of them for not much more than 3 cost)

Installed some trail tailor extended front swaybar links. Impressions from riding around the block... Wow. I have an OME lift and while I don't mind the stiffness I was noticing some harshness in absorbing bumps in the front. Almost jarring. After some research through the forum I decided to try these before removing my swaybar completely. Well, they are 100% worth every cent. Soaks up bumps and road noise now. Wish I had done this sooner. If you have an OME lift and think it's too harsh, try this prior to swapping in new shocks or a new lift. Waiting on the rears in the mail

IMAG1932.jpg
Lowered my bed platform so I could sit up in the back to put on my shoes, pull up my pants, etc. It is now only 6" above the floor, so I'm using these sturdy Rubbermaid trays to hold basic camping equipment and tools. Works great!

1C19A9B6-4A6D-4447-9DD6-6F6C2380115D.jpeg
E350B64B-F333-45F6-86B1-B5CAFDDEBC82.jpeg
Installed my @Ramathorn15 puddle lights and LOVE them. I’ve had a lot of compliments : more than any other mod I’ve made. These are a really high quality piece of gear. I went with the version with relays so these come on with the dome light and I also have a switch. FYI it’s hard taking pictures of lights but they look sweet in person.

Also changed to M1 5w-30, tore apart and lubed my gas pedal assembly, and kept scratching my head about my wind noise.

Never heard of this paint. I use some Krylon stuff and it keeps chipping where the kids and i step onto the slider. How does this hold up to being stepped on?
This is very nice paint. It goes on very smoothly and cures very hard. Prep well and let cure for a week and it is very durable. Still, it is paint, and rocks will scrape it up. It's called chassis and roll bar paint, and neither of these are really designed to slide over rocks.
Good luck,
Dave

View attachment 1842644 View attachment 1842645 Installed my @Ramathorn15 puddle lights and LOVE them. I’ve had a lot of compliments : more than any other mod I’ve made. These are a really high quality piece of gear. I went with the version with relays so these come on with the dome light and I also have a switch. FYI it’s hard taking pictures of lights but they look sweet in person.

Also changed to M1 5w-30, tore apart and lubed my gas pedal assembly, and kept scratching my head about my wind noise.
How did you clean and live your gas pedal, and did it work? I’m assuming that was to get rid of the grabbing/jerkiness?

It might be different for early models. My 2004 is drive by wire. I took the assembly out (two 10mm bolts and a plug). I pulled it all apart and cleaned everything really well. The squeak/bind was coming from the little black piece of plastic that the big goldish-colored spring wraps around. That little piece has an internal spring in it. The pivot/pin that’s welded to the pedal itself routes through this piece of plastic. I soaked the innards with silicone spray. Lightly greased the outside of the plastic piece and put it all back together. Smooth as butta.

How did you clean and live your gas pedal, and did it work? I’m assuming that was to get rid of the grabbing/jerkiness?

Changed the oil, lubed her up. Checked the balance and rotated the tires.
20181129_140542.jpg

Just installed the USA spec bt45 Bluetooth upgrade.

Also going to do the front, rear diff and transfer case oil change .

@rjones—thanks for the part number—glad to have it in case I ever need a replacement.

Bizarrely it looks like McGeorge Toyota’s website thinks they can get these...

Wheel Disc - Toyota (42611-60D30) | Toyota Parts

@mdcoa @Cola

42611-60D30

I think he's correct about the 79 series (expand the "This part fits to" after the link loads):
Toyota 42611-60D30 (4261160D30) - Amayama

EBay ad from the UAE where the shipping is as much as the wheel.
4261160D30 Toyota Wheel Disc Genuine OEM Part | eBay

Cheers,
rjones

Looks clean, how'd this turn out for you? Did you document in a thread anywhere?

Turned out great man, exactly as I planned. I've used the compressor about a dozen or more times now for my truck and others... unfortunately winter has been trying hard to close all of the trails around here, so I haven't used it much in the last few weeks. Dual battery and ACR are working as planned and engage/disengage as the voltage spikes/drops. Can't wait for spring so I can put it through the ringer camping next year.

I have not documented this in a build thread, I just posted some random updates in this mega thread to get buried lol. I've thought about doing a build thread but I'm too busy (read: lazy) for that.

20170612_130600.jpg

Fixed rear locker...it actually works now.
Btw any mud members that live in yuma az?

What was the issue with your locker and what was the fix? Having some issues with mine. Thanks

Rear diff lock light would just blink suggesting not engaged NO matter what i would do... unlike the 80. So i took the actuator off the axle and did the following:

Disassembled.
cleaned brushes.
cleaned comm ( the part where the brushes touch) i think thats what its called.
cleaned the 3 contact looking fingers where the spur gear lives
cleaned the contact plate that the 3 fingers touch.
cleaned the solenoid.
glued one of the magnet back on the housing.

I dont know what specifically fixed it....but all of the above got it working...hth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom