What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my Lseat leather covers in today, they look good and the color matches spot on with the plastic bits o fthe seats and center console. It's going to be couple weeks before I can get to them, but it gives me time to gather my supplies. TitaT turn around time was exactly one month.

IMG_20180529_162846.jpg

First oil change since I’ve owned it, replaced the heater T’s, got a state inspection, and got an alignment done. All looks great.

Then I installed a brake controller and gave the trailer hitch it’s first use since new. There were no marks whatsoever in or around the hitch. Which lead to this.

View attachment 1711865

View attachment 1711864
I just purchased a T@B 400, it looks like you have something similar, how does the 100 tow it?

I just purchased a T@B 400, it looks like you have something similar, how does the 100 tow it?

Congrats! How do you like it so far? We have been looking at the 400 as it's a bit bigger than the 320 Clamshell (CS-S) we have. I like the 320 Boondock too as the departure angles are better and it has the rack on it.

I have been pulling it with our 2014 Jeep Wrangler (4dr Rubicon) which does ok but it's a work out. Bigger camper leads to bigger tow vehicle which lead me to finally getting another Land Cruiser. Now I think I'm just going to keep the 320 and outfit the Cruiser with a platform and let the kids sleep in that. That being said, it does a great job pulling the T@B 320. Much more stable than the Jeep. I'm not setting any acceleration records but if I'm going 70 on the highway, I can down shift to 4th and easily pass people or pick up speed on an incline. The 10.5 mpg's sucks though but it comes with the territory. It actually did a little better if I kept it to the back roads and under 65 mph.

Jim, sleeping platform looks practical and comfy with the air mattress.

What are using to hold / support the platform?

Also - I could be wrong but I usually run my spare with the face mounted up to hopefully prevent any damage from road debri or offroad encounters.

The platform sits on the spare tire.
Jim, sleeping platform looks practical and comfy with the air mattress.

What are using to hold / support the platform?

Also - I could be wrong but I usually run my spare with the face mounted up to hopefully prevent any damage from road debri or offroad encounters.

The spare is mounted in the truck bolted to the floor. The platform sits on top of the spare and is bolted to the spare via a coupling nut and then two smaller bolts on the bracket.

Jim

20180528_145229.jpg

I replaced the front hub flanges to get rid of my RND clunk, changed the oil, T case and diff fluids. I'm ordering a parking brake rebuild kit this week and crossing my fingers to get my OPOR sliders before HIH.

I replaced the front hub flanges to get rid of my RND clunk, changed the oil, T case and diff fluids. I'm ordering a parking brake rebuild kit this week and crossing my fingers to get my OPOR sliders before HIH.

Did it get me rid of it?

My truck has been down for over a week already, preparing for HIH.
Steering rack.
CV's
New starter (just to be safe)
Ironman Profoam shocks.
Heater T's, apparently one broke during the starter swap.
Parking brake rebuild.
I'm going to have to start a Gofund me campaign.

Hoping to get her back on Friday for a weekend trail ride.

Congrats! How do you like it so far? We have been looking at the 400 as it's a bit bigger than the 320 Clamshell (CS-S) we have. I like the 320 Boondock too as the departure angles are better and it has the rack on it.

I have been pulling it with our 2014 Jeep Wrangler (4dr Rubicon) which does ok but it's a work out. Bigger camper leads to bigger tow vehicle which lead me to finally getting another Land Cruiser. Now I think I'm just going to keep the 320 and outfit the Cruiser with a platform and let the kids sleep in that. That being said, it does a great job pulling the T@B 320. Much more stable than the Jeep. I'm not setting any acceleration records but if I'm going 70 on the highway, I can down shift to 4th and easily pass people or pick up speed on an incline. The 10.5 mpg's sucks though but it comes with the territory. It actually did a little better if I kept it to the back roads and under 65 mph.
so far I am loving the T@B 400, NuCamp makes one hell of a nice product, the Amish can really build a quality Camper. I tow it right now with my Ford F-150 at about any speed I want, however the millage pretty much suck at anything over 70. I have purchased and installed a rear bumper from Dissent for my 100 and I am in the process of hooking up the trailer wiring and breaks, ill let you know how it tows when I get it all together. thanks for the update.

Spent 6 days in the Gila National Forest.

Almost rolled 2 of the 6 trucks when the trail started to give way. Had to do some trail building/tactical winching to get everyone home in one piece.

Also lost my alternator suddenly. No current at all coming from it. Luckily I had the solar panel which allowed me to drive about 100 miles before needing recharged via jumpers. Still need to figure out if it's the alternator or something causing it to not operate properly.

Iad1hBd8Xb8jp2H0aUPcSfMcg027P_Oz7OPXgMp36Z5Q4IToI7gWWLbGLQYMiTnm3F_sx9at9ByoJYbAchB0BcRdn9mwdOcmfxNVqIVX_HGUknq1WUBH9YgTy2IEqUihj79Y_ylaPwY=s1280

HOQMefM7o8QmVS3f7uAXpJghjGX-VpqqPj7__nCY0RyCvPHJetytMaPPhzuP9SG5McWLkuTdMKd1lnbq00TBI4mtIfX5bosa5byvS_q3PT3GYXPfwuuh35RHjyVyZthKXY9VBS9IZHw=s1280

9ryJK6pliaRNScVyS4whVR4tfwp735YJdCmD9I_CNtSg-pf7Ef_l1VBkAIc2hF9qtn5y60ylFVg1YNvzZYwZt7KYXcn50OyIpW-xRWTrGoJYJzJ0YgDxPqokNCIqpkgPW5C1Tg542ms=s1280

CLtyFldNwibIGRJdBZCF3u2YGJD8ys1xGmR4fA71AYayINd5F1ZS8fy7eHaqYjlpwtZ2Bo-FVP_h7hfpJVi11bSZhgffIAHZCRQXBfmqb1u_sGN25htBkBa2Atw-uQriQwnOBC70Qm0=s1280

avV6ov_LBm7s2nmGjexezhAYGcfVlS5DPZIb73wRc2dct2iWmgz3rG5WEEZvZ1Quo0xjqG9D6tbv97aMbGxshY-57hvlFhQ7hWT7WsFQH57od8u4R2NH9M26XoeLNzodo34WP2vo4qw=s1280

VZNSU-vSRQpVdN-iLoJCSjy7kcIzrJ9uoIdq6MefV0ww3R-G-ogmMHJ5AnCkRl6h_2CRsS_oPh-4dQdQDL4j-DsMlM4YJ9hIBQ6bZBF-NniAxp86_8yIirDAaoN6u-HiP1wGmENfcHc=s1280

How is that rooftop tent? I'm on the verge of ordering the same.

Almost rolled 2 of the 6 trucks when the trail started to give way. Had to do some trail building/tactical winching to get everyone home in one piece.

Also lost my alternator suddenly. No current at all coming from it. Luckily I had the solar panel which allowed me to drive about 100 miles before needing recharged via jumpers. Still need to figure out if it's the alternator or something causing it to not operate properly.

Iad1hBd8Xb8jp2H0aUPcSfMcg027P_Oz7OPXgMp36Z5Q4IToI7gWWLbGLQYMiTnm3F_sx9at9ByoJYbAchB0BcRdn9mwdOcmfxNVqIVX_HGUknq1WUBH9YgTy2IEqUihj79Y_ylaPwY=s1280

HOQMefM7o8QmVS3f7uAXpJghjGX-VpqqPj7__nCY0RyCvPHJetytMaPPhzuP9SG5McWLkuTdMKd1lnbq00TBI4mtIfX5bosa5byvS_q3PT3GYXPfwuuh35RHjyVyZthKXY9VBS9IZHw=s1280

9ryJK6pliaRNScVyS4whVR4tfwp735YJdCmD9I_CNtSg-pf7Ef_l1VBkAIc2hF9qtn5y60ylFVg1YNvzZYwZt7KYXcn50OyIpW-xRWTrGoJYJzJ0YgDxPqokNCIqpkgPW5C1Tg542ms=s1280

CLtyFldNwibIGRJdBZCF3u2YGJD8ys1xGmR4fA71AYayINd5F1ZS8fy7eHaqYjlpwtZ2Bo-FVP_h7hfpJVi11bSZhgffIAHZCRQXBfmqb1u_sGN25htBkBa2Atw-uQriQwnOBC70Qm0=s1280

avV6ov_LBm7s2nmGjexezhAYGcfVlS5DPZIb73wRc2dct2iWmgz3rG5WEEZvZ1Quo0xjqG9D6tbv97aMbGxshY-57hvlFhQ7hWT7WsFQH57od8u4R2NH9M26XoeLNzodo34WP2vo4qw=s1280

VZNSU-vSRQpVdN-iLoJCSjy7kcIzrJ9uoIdq6MefV0ww3R-G-ogmMHJ5AnCkRl6h_2CRsS_oPh-4dQdQDL4j-DsMlM4YJ9hIBQ6bZBF-NniAxp86_8yIirDAaoN6u-HiP1wGmENfcHc=s1280

If I remember correctly, you were having alternator problems keeping up with your oversized batteries. I know you added the solar panel, but it may be time for the Big 3 wire upgrade and an oversized alternator. Just a thought if you can't figure out the other issues. Good luck....

How is that rooftop tent? I'm on the verge of ordering the same.

We really like it, mostly for the annex. It's where we shower, store our bags, change, and where the dogs sleep. The tent itself is comfy, but I would probably get a hard top for opening/closing convenience if we didn't love the annex.

MVIMG_20180528_213747.jpg

IMG_20180528_224628.jpg

If I remember correctly, you were having alternator problems keeping up with your oversized batteries. I know you added the solar panel, but it may be time for the Big 3 wire upgrade and an oversized alternator. Just a thought if you can't figure out the other issues. Good luck....

I think you're absolutely correct. Further, I think the alternator has been going out slowly without me knowing, which lead to me think I needed more power to keep up with the fridge, etc.

I have a local shop that said he can rebuild the 130A for $115 and he thinks he can put a higher amperage rectifier to get closer to 160A. He offers a lifetime warranty, so that's probably the route I'll go.

I think you're absolutely correct. Further, I think the alternator has been going out slowly without me knowing, which lead to me think I needed more power to keep up with the fridge, etc.

I have a local shop that said he can rebuild the 130A for $115 and he thinks he can put a higher amperage rectifier to get closer to 160A. He offers a lifetime warranty, so that's probably the route I'll go.
Sounds like you're on the right track. Make sure you research with your elec shop about the Big 3 wire upgrade too. I don't think your draw is so drastic, but I know when you do a big alternator upgrade you have to do a pulley swap in size which also means a new serp belt too. I don't think you are at that point though.

My truck has been down for over a week already, preparing for HIH.
Steering rack.
CV's
New starter (just to be safe)
Ironman Profoam shocks.
Heater T's, apparently one broke during the starter swap.
Parking brake rebuild.
I'm going to have to start a Gofund me campaign.

Hoping to get her back on Friday for a weekend trail ride.
I think the starter was a smart move.

You're gonna love the ironman pros especially since you're bumpered up.

Got a fridge! ARB Elements 63 qrt.

Very big, very heavy, very nice.

Gas strut lid that holds it open in any position, LED interior lights, lots of room.

Used 20% REI annual sale coupon, plus a very large REI dividend.

Planning to test it out this weekend visiting Great Sand Dunes National Park and camping/driving Medano Pass.

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom