What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
98 LC with 336k miles.
New starter tonight. Took about 4 hours. I had no record of the starter ever being replaced. Could be original, but I doubt it.
F2F7B9D7-CFEF-4E0E-B823-EE9AD7BED5B9.jpeg
3EDF2228-24FA-4C5D-BC81-29B223CDDCDC.jpeg

Also found time to do some exploring.
06F1D754-1D67-46AA-A84A-8E4214CDD03A.jpeg

New tires and OEM floormats arrive tomorrow..

Sucks about the wheels. Are they making good on them since they said they would fit?

Nope. In fact they are blaming ME. I want to create a thread about this experience but I need to calm down about it first. Rest assured they will never see another dollar from me and I'd rather lose $1200 than do a fix to these wheels and install them.

Nope. In fact they are blaming ME. I want to create a thread about this experience but I need to calm down about it first. Rest assured they will never see another dollar from me and I'd rather lose $1200 than do a fix to these wheels and install them.

If you paid with Credit card you can dispute the charge. Also call the BBB if they are a member.

@Dparo what happened? I dont get it

If you paid with Credit card you can dispute the charge. Also call the BBB if they are a member.

I didn’t install them right away due to some house issues, past that disputing time point. I didn’t even ask for a refund or return. I will make a thread later today or tonight.

Hit a deuce and a quarter on the way to work this a.m. Also installed cabin air filters. There were no filters previously installed, but there were leaves, pine needles, bits of acorns, june bugs, crickets, dandelions, coffee grounds, ear wax, boogers, granules of sand and other interesting finds that had compiled inside the empty space over 18 years.
225.jpg

Hit a deuce and a quarter on the way to work this a.m. Also installed cabin air filters. There were no filters previously installed, but there were leaves, pine needles, bits of acorns, june bugs, crickets, dandelions, coffee grounds, ear wax, boogers, granules of sand and other interesting finds that had compiled inside the empty space over 18 years.View attachment 1707768
I think all that stuff listed is the new organic type filter....:rofl:

Rescued an 80 series. In the process I snapped the pin that secures the hook to the thimble on the end of the steel cable. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to synthetic line.

View attachment 1705309

View attachment 1705312

View attachment 1705313

Then I got to work installing new Tough Dog torsion bars. These things are awesome and I’m extremely happy with the results I’ve gotten on the short 3 mile test drive I did before a storm rolled in. Less brake dive, it settles much quicker after speed bumps instead of bobbing around, and it just feels all around smoother and more controlled. I had a helper but he got tired from just watching me loosen those adjusting bolts!

View attachment 1705310

View attachment 1705311
It looks like your ToughDog is all tuckered out there.:)

Went from this:

AHC%20neutral%20pressures_zpskeinv5cj.png

To this:

AHC%20after%203%20cranks%20on%20TBs_zpsgjywzayw.png

3 cranks on the TBs on both sides is all it took to get the front to within spec. The rear is a little higher than I'd like to see, but I do have 3/4 of a tank of gas, the third row seats, and a dog crate in the back.

Installed front and rear (Rexing V1P) dash cams, and paid the extra $29 for the GPS unit.

Originally I was going to run the Rexing hardwire kit to the back of the cigarette lighter plug in the center console. When I wired it up with T-taps off the cigarette lighter wires, it would not power the unit on. Looked like I got a defective hardwire kit. So, I instead ran the cigarette lighter micro-usb cable down to the center console, around the side and behind the glove box, and have the wire coming out next to the cigarette lighter and plug it in. I might just leave it this way.

I ran the rear view camera cable along the headliner, where it meets the top of the doors, because it was not long enough to reach the front unit otherwise. I ended up with 2-3 feet of extra cable, and just tucked it back over itself.

So far this dashcam seems nice, and works well. Starts recording to the micro-sd card the second it gets power.

I don't have to worry about it, and if there is anything of note, I can just take the SD card in and copy the videos off. I got a 64GB card because BestBuy was out of stock on the 128GB ($50!) card. 64GB gets you 12 hours of video before it will start overwriting old videos.

Installed front and rear (Rexing V1P) dash cams, and paid the extra $29 for the GPS unit.

Originally I was going to run the Rexing hardwire kit to the back of the cigarette lighter plug in the center console. When I wired it up with T-taps off the cigarette lighter wires, it would not power the unit on. Looked like I got a defective hardwire kit. So, I instead ran the cigarette lighter micro-usb cable down to the center console, around the side and behind the glove box, and have the wire coming out next to the cigarette lighter and plug it in. I might just leave it this way.

I ran the rear view camera cable along the headliner, where it meets the top of the doors, because it was not long enough to reach the front unit otherwise. I ended up with 2-3 feet of extra cable, and just tucked it back over itself.

So far this dashcam seems nice, and works well. Starts recording to the micro-sd card the second it gets power.

I don't have to worry about it, and if there is anything of note, I can just take the SD card in and copy the videos off. I got a 64GB card because best but was out of stock on the 128GB ($50!) card. 64GB gets you 12 hours of video before it will start overwriting old videos.
Do you have any pics of the final install ?

Do you have any pics of the final install ?

Not yet, but I can take some pictures later.

I'm still debating whether or not I should try another hardwire kit. It would be nice to have the cigarette lighter plug available while the camera is powered. I replaced the center one with USB / Aux input to my Bluetooth unit.

Continuing to prep for a month long trip to the east coast with family and popup camper
Oil / Oil Filter change,, Transmission fluid drain and fill, front diff / rear diff / transfer case
Brake service ..... This is where the headache started.... As I started to remove the last wheel (back left) three wheel studs broke off (Thank you Discount Tire ) , local Toyota parts dealer had what I needed ... Tried to remove rear Rotor and springs popped loose on my ebrake shoes .. Thankfully I managed to get thru it and buttoned it up by 7pm .. All day in the Texas Sun ... At least I found out about the fxxxed up studs now then in the middle of nowhere!

Continuing to prep for a month long trip to the east coast with family and popup camper
Oil / Oil Filter change,, Transmission fluid drain and fill, front diff / rear diff / transfer case
Brake service ..... This is where the headache started.... As I started to remove the last wheel (back left) three wheel studs broke off (Thank you Discount Tire ) , local Toyota parts dealer had what I needed ... Tried to remove rear Rotor and springs popped loose on my ebrake shoes .. Thankfully I managed to get thru it and buttoned it up by 7pm .. All day in the Texas Sun ... At least I found out about the f***ed up studs now then in the middle of nowhere!
Besides rust, one of the leading causes of broken studs is do to over torquing. When you over torque a bolt or stud, it stretches the metal and weakens it. Couple this with a good load and failure can happen. Glad it took place in your driveway and not the road. Have a safe trip.....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom