SOLD 05LX San Diego Open to offers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been on Mud for a few months and have seen so many beautiful rigs I figured I would post some of my build. First time owner of a LX/100.

Original owner : Local San Diego 01-18-05 to 12-17-17 Have about 30 pages of Lexus service records from day one.

I Purchased: Dec. 2017 (was a 1-owner car dealer serviced) 134K miles
Current Mileage : 137,104
For Sale : 06-21-18 $ Open to offers. Not going into details, but illness forces sale.

Mods I've done:
Suspension: AHC 1" lift in front and 1/2" lowered in rear and all within AHC pressure specs
Electrical : 04-10-18 New DieHard Gold Battery with Marine Grade battery Terminals
Tires : Nitto Terra Grappler G2 305/65R-18 installed 04-19-18
Interior : Rear seats delete, homemade rack and spare tire storage with custom storage drawer
Fluids change: 02-28-18 Front & Rear Diffs, Trans, Transfer Case, AHC.
Removal : OEM running boards and roof rack delete
On-board Air : Homemade engine bay ARB comp mount
New hood and hatch struts

Here are some pics with current mods................

DSCN3781.JPG

DSCN3784.JPG

DSCN3782.JPG

DSCN3783.JPG

Last edited:
Wow that tire size looks great with that amount of lift! Interested as well in how you tweaked the AHC.

Do the tires rub? How did you adjust the suspension?

Wow that tire size looks great with that amount of lift! Interested as well in how you tweaked the AHC.
No rub on the tires.
I did the standard AHC minor lift with advice from this forum. I only used the slide adjustment on the height sensor and did not touch the adjustment rod. I then adjusted the torsion bars and used my scan tool to get the AHC pressures back to factory spec. The car sits perfectly level now front to rear and side to side. I know the majority of people on this forum say these LX/100 series have to have some front to rear factory rake or it doesn't handle correctly. Mine is only 1" higher in the front from stock and the vehicle handles perfect at 5MPH or 85MPH. If you do a thread search on AHC sensor lift you will track down some good results. I would advise only doing a minimal amount, as anything to much is when things will start handling/wearing funky. If you notice even with my 305 tire (12" wide) on the OEM wheels, it still stays inside the wheel opening. Keep in mind too, the higher you lift these A-arm vehicles in the front, the further "in" the tires suck in. If you have AHC, drop it into "L" and see where the tire sits and put it in "H" and notice how far in it sucks. I think the 305/65-18 on OEM wheels is a great combination. I have a 5spd trans and no re-gear needed with this 33.58" x 12" tire. And it rides nicer than stock !!! Good luck with all.

Started my overhead DVD screen delete. The only dome-light the LX had was in the far back and that only came on with the middle row doors. The front doors only triggered the lights on the doors and under dash. The forward map lights are manual switched on only.

Here is the giant hole and existing metal plate the DVD screen hooked to:

LX dome-1.jpg

Here are the 4) 10-32 threaded stand-offs that I tack welded to the existing plate. I took accurate measurements for the 4) stand-offs with critical measurements from the OEM dome light.

LX dome-2.jpg

Here is the new OEM dome/map light. The wiring is in the roof structure and this light is plug & play. Kinda nice, as you have 2 separate map lights and the large center dome light. The dome comes on with both the front and middle doors and stays on for 15 seconds after the doors are closed and dims out slowly. Next step is building a trick cover plate that looks factory :

LX dome-3.jpg

Finished the trim piece for the overhead dome light conversion :

LX Dome Fin-1.jpg

LX Dome Fin-2.jpg

Last edited:
No rub on the tires.
I did the standard AHC minor lift with advice from this forum. I only used the slide adjustment on the height sensor and did not touch the adjustment rod. I then adjusted the torsion bars and used my scan tool to get the AHC pressures back to factory spec. The car sits perfectly level now front to rear and side to side. I know the majority of people on this forum say these LX/100 series have to have some front to rear factory rake or it doesn't handle correctly. Mine is only 1" higher in the front from stock and the vehicle handles perfect at 5MPH or 85MPH. If you do a thread search on AHC sensor lift you will track down some good results. I would advise only doing a minimal amount, as anything to much is when things will start handling/wearing funky. If you notice even with my 305 tire (12" wide) on the OEM wheels, it still stays inside the wheel opening. Keep in mind too, the higher you lift these A-arm vehicles in the front, the further "in" the tires suck in. If you have AHC, drop it into "L" and see where the tire sits and put it in "H" and notice how far in it sucks. I think the 305/65-18 on OEM wheels is a great combination. I have a 5spd trans and no re-gear needed with this 33.58" x 12" tire. And it rides nicer than stock !!! Good luck with all.

The stance looks perfect... pretty much what I'm looking to do. Did you need to do an alignment, or re-center steering wheel?

After I made my storage rack I realized I didn't have easy access to my spare tire jack/tools. I could of taken them out and put them in my pull out drawer, but the factory location holds everything nice and tight and rattle free. I wanted to utilize every square inch of storage inside too. The carpeted platform did not allow for release of the jack storage panel, so I cut a seam in the panel just below the storage rack and bolted in 2 aluminum straps and tapped them 1/4-20. Then a used 2 black knobs to hold the lower panel to the upper panel. I made the aluminum pieces a little to long so it's little tricky to get the tool kit out, but how often am I in there ?

LX jack storage 1.jpg

LX jack storage 2.jpg

LX jack4.jpg

LX jack 3.jpg

I've gotta ask, Why the spare in the back and not under the truck? The 305/65r18's should fit in the OEM spot, may be a bit snug, but you could drop the PSI a bit and use that compressor if you ever needed the spare

That is a whole lot of storage space that could have been used for other stuff :)

Surprised you are the 1st on MUD to ask. Two reasons. I was originally thinking of a bigger lift and 35's, so I had the inside storage designed and built in my head. Glad I stayed with the AHC minor lift and medium size tires. I am also very particular about looks, and that spare tire hanging down from the underside just didn't cut it for me. Plus I like to be different. With the pull out storage drawer and carpeted platform, storage/hauling has not been an issue. I like your question though.o_O

Love your truck! I just purchased an 05 LX470, 154k. D-White with Grey leather. I'm in the process of outfitting mine. Mines close to immaculate inside and out. However, the owner left me with some deferred maintenance. i have done the timing belt, water pump. Also had to send out my gauge cluster. I ordered a new radiator, hoses, 2 front CV, and a door lock actuator...all yet to be installed.

Now i'm researching a lift and whether or not to keep the AHC. I also want to upgrade the tires and possibly the wheels.

Love your truck! I just purchased an 05 LX470, 154k. D-White with Grey leather. I'm in the process of outfitting mine. Mines close to immaculate inside and out. However, the owner left me with some deferred maintenance. i have done the timing belt, water pump. Also had to send out my gauge cluster. I ordered a new radiator, hoses, 2 front CV, and a door lock actuator...all yet to be installed.

Now i'm researching a lift and whether or not to keep the AHC. I also want to upgrade the tires and possibly the wheels.
Thanks for the compliment. I think it's about 50/50 on MUD whether to keep or delete the AHC. I kept mine and love it. You can load the car with people and/or gear and the hyd AHC keeps it right at normal ride height. Also works great going into "L" for ease of getting in and out. I think as long as you maintain the AHC as you are with the rest of your vehicle, you will be happy to keep it. Now if you're going to add tons of weight with bumpers, winch, racks, sliders, maybe towing, conventional suspension may be the way to go. I am new to this vehicle, so these are relatively new thoughts from me. Good luck with all............

Surprised you are the 1st on MUD to ask. Two reasons. I was originally thinking of a bigger lift and 35's, so I had the inside storage designed and built in my head. Glad I stayed with the AHC minor lift and medium size tires. I am also very particular about looks, and that spare tire hanging down from the underside just didn't cut it for me. Plus I like to be different. With the pull out storage drawer and carpeted platform, storage/hauling has not been an issue. I like your question though.o_O

I’ve got a follow on question for you ;) have you looked into raising the spare tire support frame? Take a look at this link Spare Tire Mod ... Pics
That’d solve your problem!

The main reason i ask is that i love my drawers and wish i had even more space, I couldn’t imagine giving any up for the spare.

I had looked into that, and the small amount it raised it and with my 305 it still was very noticeable. I don't tow, so the OEM upper hitch that came on the vehicle works perfect for my bike rack. Some have the lower frame mount hitch for towing and that hides part of the spare, but gives you horrible departure angle.

Rig looks great. Probably need a few interior pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom