What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33AECCEB-4DBB-4D4B-B28A-29BA3D5BD4A0.jpeg
Replaced cigarette lighter socket with HDMI and USB port for my Aloine ILX-207

New radiator. Sprung a small leak at the top yesterday after a short trip around town. 315K before failure works for me. Getting everything together to delete AHC, install OME 2" Medium kit, put on Metal Tech sliders, and service everything I can think of to get the '99 set for a run at 500k.

Just did this job not to long ago. Grab a denso from rock auto. It an exact match to oe but if i remember correctly about 200 shipped. Good luck!

Changed oil!

Best $80 and 2 hours I spent on the LC to date! Finally got around to replacing the front factory JBL component speakers. Both sides the surround had come loose and rattling bad. I found some new in box old stock Infinity Reference 6030cs for $80 shipped (originally $260). They fit the factory baskets perfectly using the included adapter ring. Added some sound dampening mat around the speaker mounting and behind while installing. These are 2ohm and work perfectly with the factory amp. Eventually that will get replaced. Next project is the rear door replacement with Infinity Reference 6032cf 2-way speakers.

zTj7eNz.jpg

I'd love to do something like this. Pretty easy, technically speaking? Obviously not a stereo guy.

I'd love to do something like this. Pretty easy, technically speaking? Obviously not a stereo guy.

Very straight forward. I would say the hardest part is removing the door panel. First time can be a PITA and then you get the hang of it on the second one. Couple quick tips use the old woofer feed wire as the new input to the crossover. Just disconnect and ignore the feed wire to the factory tweeter. Factory stereo is rated at 2ohms and will also happily run 4ohm speakers.

Where in Idaho are you located? I’m in Meridian outside Boise.

Flushed AHC. Fluid was dark brown but no froth! Looks like my globes are likely in good shape :) Thanks @PADDO for the GREAT writeup! Made things super super simple.

My post Colorado overhaul involved cleaning the MAF, throttle body, air tube (from box to TB and from fender to air box), cleaned air box and replaced air filter. Gotta say: LOTS of dirt on their from 7 days off-roading in CO.

IMG_6066.JPG

Took the trip in from Indian Springs campground up to Signal Peak Lookout and down to Fordyce Lake to camp. It was awesome and I was so impressed with my truck. It chewed up most everything I threw at it, only got a bit stuck once on some knee high muddy tree roots. Guys with me got out and spotted me through and on the 4th try it clawed right up!

Signal Peak 4x4 Trail

At Fordyce Lake:

Poser1.jpg

One of these is not like the others!!:

Poser3.jpg

Cheers!
rjones

What product did you use. I need to get under my truck and get this started. Too many projects
Wire Brush on angle grinder, wire brush in hand for tight spots.....rustoluem rust reformer (no experience with this yet) and black paint. Once done removing and "reforming" some rust I'll spray liberal amounts of fluid film to keep bad salty winter stuff away from my nice metal truck. ;)

I have expert advice on the fluid film. The rest is a case of learning as you go...... I know what will happen if I don't keep on it every year. I bought the truck from the southwest so it's on me if it rots..... and I have an 11 year old buyer in 6 years when he turns 17 if he mows a lot of lawns.
IMG_7658.JPG

Last edited:
Very straight forward. I would say the hardest part is removing the door panel. First time can be a PITA and then you get the hang of it on the second one. Couple quick tips use the old woofer feed wire as the new input to the crossover. Just disconnect and ignore the feed wire to the factory tweeter. Factory stereo is rated at 2ohms and will also happily run 4ohm speakers.

Where in Idaho are you located? I’m in Meridian outside Boise.

Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I'm in Hailey... Give a shout if you ever head up this way.

Cleaned seatbelts with an OxyClean + purple degreaser + hot water mixture. Disconnected belts top & bottom with 14mm wrench, pulled them all the way out and clipped them so they wouldn't retract:

IMG_5134.JPG

Let them soak overnight in 5-gallon bucket on the front armrest:

IMG_5130.JPG

Next morning, pulled belts outside the car and around the back, held with a bungee cord, closed doors, and hosed them down:

IMG_5131.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG

Belts are shiny new now and retract much better. I also added the tape kit (part no. 73205-48011) to the shoulder loops to help retraction.

Water in bucket was completely nasty, just from soaking overnight:

IMG_5136.JPG

TIP: Before you start check the weather for the NEXT day so the belts will be able to dry completely before you let them retract back. I pulled them up onto my roofrack and let them sit there in the sun for a few hours after rinsing.

Last edited:
IMG_0359.JPG
Installed new Tough Dog shocks all the way around.... And I did NOT cut holes! 45mm adjustables in rear, and 41s up front.
Thanks @reevesci! Maiden voyage tomorrow, will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom