What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah, you broke out the big guns extractor! I don't have one, so had to call in pros to take care of mine when I bought it. Fortunately the pressure washer took good care of the mats.

View attachment 1987104

Oh nice. You detailing the whole interior? Yup pressure washer can def do the job too, sometimes even faster.

Did a quick and dirty refinish on my sliders. I hadn't realized how much abuse they'd taken in just 5 months. Nothing structural, but a lot more contact than I think I knew of. FYI, the duplicolor? rubberized bed coating in a spray can is TONS better than whatever the "Bed Armor" brand is that I used originally. The latter stuff was a PITA to spray, the former was so easy I could have done the whole truck.

Then I tossed in the Tough Dog gold medium rate coils I've been sitting on since last Summer almost. Replaced a set of OME 865s that were nice when stock, but not quite up to the extra weight in the truck now. It definitely feels flatter in turns. Will play with the shock adjustment over the next few days to find the right spot for highway travel.

BTW, that's Georgia dirt and clay on my frame, not rust.

View attachment 1986973

View attachment 1986974

View attachment 1986999

View attachment 1987006

View attachment 1987007
My old Ironman rear springs have settled quite a bit over the last 2 or 3 years. Would you mind getting a measurement from the center of your rear hubs straight up to your rear quarter panel lip?

Think I need some new springs.

Thanks

My old Ironman rear springs have settled quite a bit over the last 2 or 3 years. Would you mind getting a measurement from the center of your rear hubs straight up to your rear quarter panel lip?

Think I need some new springs.

Thanks
23.75" currently with no spare tire.

23.75" currently with no spare tire.

I am impressed by that! I have OME 2865 and 70 mm spacers in the back and still have only 22.5" between hub center and fender.
I have no drawers or bumpers or anything heavy in the back. I do have my 33" spare and third row seats.
Is my lift being limited by the OEM shocks?

I want to get inch or inch an half of lift without making it ride any harsher.

My new tires arrived today from Tire Rack. Anyone fitted Bridgestone R63s before? Will I need to hammer the pinch weld?
CA9756F9-EFF4-46F7-BD58-76E6804A856D.jpeg

I am impressed by that! I have OME 2865 and 70 mm spacers in the back and still have only 22.5" between hub center and fender.
I have no drawers or bumpers or anything heavy in the back. I do have my 33" spare and third row seats.
Is my lift being limited by the OEM shocks?

I want to get inch or inch an half of lift without making it ride any harsher.

Possibly so? I've got the tough dog adjustables in the back, which allowed me to play with the setting to keep it comfy. I think if I had a standard shock it would be a little bouncy with no weight in the back. I've removed the spare and the jump seats, so my rear is pretty light. But, putting my sliders back on after the springs did actually help with comfort before playing with the shock adjustments.

Restored all glass panels from heavy water spot stains. Ceramic coated all glass panels including windshield and side mirrors.
AE6DE600-34AA-458E-A772-9039BB6DB555.jpeg

Looks great! Did it take too long and like @MongooseGA asked, very interested in process.

This is just the primary cut of V32 compound from chemical guys. I wanted to show how the 99.9% of the stain was removed but I’d have to use a DSLR.

Step 1:
Wash the glass panel/s with water + soap.

Step 2:
V32 compound + heavy cutting foam pad (orange)

Step 3:
V36 compound + heavy polishing foam pad (yellow)

Step 4:
Ceramic coat, this has 5 coats on all panels making it extremely hydrophobic and scratch-proof for the next 6 years.

The whole process took me a total of 12 working hours (full size suv, sedan much faster) start to finish (all glass panels treated, restored and protected).

This is the same 4-step process that I’ve been doing for the past 11 years for all my clients who bring their cars in for glass detailing.

Hope this helps guys.

High speed or rotary? If it's just a compound and not a glass-specific product, that's great!

Stay away from high speed or rotary. I wouldn’t recommend that if this is the first time you’re going to do this, I’ve seen lots of friends mess up there glass panels because they couldn’t tame the polisher. Use your cordless drill. Put on a 3” velcrow pad adapter and you are set. Amazon has those inexpensive ones.

Sorry, I meant high-speed or orbital*

I'm well versed in a rotary, but would be more concerned about melting the plastic trims around the glass.
Yup that’s one of the risk of using either of the two. With the middle part of a glass panel this should be an easy task. But its the edges and corners that presents a new challenge. With low speed, low torque, you get to take your take your time, and your angles right, the pressure applied on the surface and easily avoid rubber or plastic trims. The lighter tool is easier to manipulate since glass detailing is a bit more labor intensive than paint panels,

Rear Pads yesterday. Took a lot longer on the first set, most of that time fighting with pushing the caliber piston back in. Tried everything including using a sledge.

Then found a Youtube video suggesting you mount caliber back on rotor, with one old pad. Tighten two bolts back down. Then, use crow or similar to push piston back. Worked easily. The second side took probably 20 minutes, easy once you have a rthym and a good plan. Bosch this time- always used Toyota on my LS, willing to try something different.

From the pictures, easy to see it was well past time for a pad swap:

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom