What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seriously what a pain installing this bushing. how did you do it? i tried heating and freezing method=Failed. Now i'm searching for a friend of a friend to try and press it in. Had to use a sawzall to get the original out. Iv'e done harder jobs faster than this one.
Sorry for your troubles!
I used a press to install the replacement. Removal of the original was to press out the rubber, then saws all the shell just like you did.

With a press, the correct size socket or press sleeve and old one removed it’s a 5 minute job (at the press).

Reactions: KTP
Greetings! We just purchased a 2002 100 series with 146k on the clock. Its been well maintained and looking forward to learning lots about this series from you all. We love cruisers and own an 1965 and 1988 but this one definitely is in another category in regards to comfort. hahaha
49590166222_5db73edd41_c.jpg
Howdy! Nice collection you've got going! Did you find the 100 locally? I don't recall seeing that one on CL around here.

Howdy! Nice collection you've got going! Did you find the 100 locally? I don't recall seeing that one on CL around here.
Yeah it was parked down the street from me here in Capitol Hill with a sale sign in the window. We were not looking for another cruiser but this popped into our lives for a hard to beat price. I wasn’t sure if they had advertised it online so I guess your question answers that question!

Yeah it was parked down the street from me here in Capitol Hill with a sale sign in the window. We were not looking for another cruiser but this popped into our lives for a hard to beat price. I wasn’t sure if they had advertised it online so I guess your question answers that question!
Lucky guy! That's a great find. Not easy to find a nice low mileage 100 around here, especially for a deal. Congratulations!

I just finished this weekend. A little fine tuning, and the break-in period begins. The lower shelf below the fridge will hold the stove, propane, and a small counter space.

View attachment 2220747

Very nice! What "carpet" did you use to finish the system? Also, how are you liking that Dometic? I'm about to upgrade my Amazon special Costway fridge and considering either the Dometic CX65 (on sale for $759) or the equivalent ARB.

Very nice! What "carpet" did you use to finish the system? Also, how are you liking that Dometic? I'm about to upgrade my Amazon special Costway fridge and considering either the Dometic CX65 (on sale for $759) or the equivalent ARB.

The fridge is awesome! I have a minor problem with the interior light blinking on and off, which they say is an indicator that the lid isn't closed correctly or something. But it always seems to blink regardless. Otherwise, it's a great unit!

The material is just what some call "speaker box" covering. It's not expensive and it's simple to use, so a novice like me can make it look good.

After seeing my LC sit for a solid 6 months, we finally got some time to work on it. I experienced brake failure with the kids in the car. Thankfully it ended as good as it possibly could have. Winded up getting a ‘18 Sequoia TRD as a temporary DD. (It was either a sequoia or an armored bank truck) My husband and I finally had some time to fix the brakes. And thanks to the forum it was all pretty simple just time consuming. We got a rebuilt brake accumulator, replaced some gaskets, rebuilt the master cylinder, assembled everything and 3 cranks later the starter died. Thankfully we’ve got a great shop that rebuilds starters and alternators in NW FL quickly. Put the rebuilt starter in cranks about 3 times and the alternator crapped out 😂. We had that rebuilt and put it in. Now nothing should be dying in it! There isn’t much mud on trails around here, they end up being sandy water pits most of the time. I’m happy to be taking my girl, Huey, out again!

I’ve got 2 rules for my rig.
A. It’s mine, I’m driving
B. It’s mine, I’m working on it

So my husband teaches me while we work on it together. I told him if he doesn’t hurt my feelings, I won’t fix his crooked nose with a wrench. We finished up and his nose is still crooked 😂
2457F505-DD88-45D3-8BC6-F68F0BB9D90B.jpeg

4FB13A26-8E37-4794-92FF-6FEB584A732A.jpeg

We took it out on some trails in Point Washington in NW FL on the way to a Granger Smith concert. Luckily for my husband I’m filling the LC up with ladies :cool:
D54BB706-9810-44E6-B18C-2A98ABFF911B.jpeg

its the Loncky kit, they can be found on eBay and Amazon.

I might be dense, but I ordered a kit and could not figure out how to fit it properly with the wheel still on the vehicle and do the stuffing they were describing. I may pull the wheel off and do it that way. Do you have any tips?

After seeing my LC sit for a solid 6 months, we finally got some time to work on it. I experienced brake failure with the kids in the car. Thankfully it ended as good as it possibly could have. Winded up getting a ‘18 Sequoia TRD as a temporary DD. (It was either a sequoia or an armored bank truck) My husband and I finally had some time to fix the brakes. And thanks to the forum it was all pretty simple just time consuming. We got a rebuilt brake accumulator, replaced some gaskets, rebuilt the master cylinder, assembled everything and 3 cranks later the starter died. Thankfully we’ve got a great shop that rebuilds starters and alternators in NW FL quickly. Put the rebuilt starter in cranks about 3 times and the alternator crapped out 😂. We had that rebuilt and put it in. Now nothing should be dying in it! There isn’t much mud on trails around here, they end up being sandy water pits most of the time. I’m happy to be taking my girl, Huey, out again!

I’ve got 2 rules for my rig.
A. It’s mine, I’m driving
B. It’s mine, I’m working on it

So my husband teaches me while we work on it together. I told him if he doesn’t hurt my feelings, I won’t fix his crooked nose with a wrench. We finished up and his nose is still crooked 😂 View attachment 2224164
View attachment 2224167
We took it out on some trails in Point Washington in NW FL on the way to a Granger Smith concert. Luckily for my husband I’m filling the LC up with ladies :cool:View attachment 2224166

High-fives to you! I've never dated a woman willing to work on or even help work on their own vehicle. My most recent ex and I made the deal that I'd maintain her LC so long as she just kept me company while doing it. Well, she didn't, and I sure as hell didn't want to buy the truck from her when we split. "Uh... no. You haven't done an oil change in a year..."

This week I realized I've got a coolant leak somewhere. Started noticing my temps creeping up at the SGII, to the point of idling at 198* in 50* ambient heat. Added nearly two liters (emergency stash in an old Coke bottle) and she's back in spec. Now to find this friggin' leak...

I would pull the wheel. Takes 10 minutes to do. Disconnect battery. pull the 2 trim panels on the side of the wheel. Unscrew the 2 Torx screws to remove the airbag and horn assembly. Disconnect 3 harnesses (2 on the back of air bag assembly, one at the top). Remove 19 MM nut on steering wheel. Mark the position of the wheel on the tapered steering column spindle so you can put the wheel back on in the same place. Use a steering wheel puller to pop off.

Once you have the wheel off it is pretty easy to conceptualize the fitment and to stretch the cover over the wheel and align it. Note: there are stickers on the inside of the cover saying front and back. Using the double sided tape cut into 2-3" pieces go all the way around and on the spokes both front and back then stretch the cover as you start removing the tape back and work it into place. Start stitching from one of the spokes, have a beer and sit down to watch something while you stitch for 3 hours. You have to do quite a bit of tugging and stretching so I would use some tape on your fingers where you pull the thread.

IMG_20200223_163758.jpg

Also I found that no real tucking was necessary if you finish the spokes like this.

IMG_20200223_220246.jpg

Since its nylon thread you can burn it to make a starting point instead of a knot and finish the ends as well. I would not as well that the plastic cover on the back may have to be trimmed to not rub when turning. I have to pull mine again and do this. Pulling the instrument cluster this weekend so will try and get some pics of this.

Last edited:
I might be dense, but I ordered a kit and could not figure out how to fit it properly with the wheel still on the vehicle and do the stuffing they were describing. I may pull the wheel off and do it that way. Do you have any tips?
I should have replied, see my response above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom