What goes on passenger side interior firewall aside from heater duct? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting the front heater back into my 6/77 FJ-40 after cleaning it up during current refresh / resto. I know where the heater duct goes, but either can't remember or don't know what also bolts to the firewall on the passenger side. There a couple of brackets (5 - 6" long) that are tacked to the firewall and are spaced out a to accept bolts on either end.

Anyone have a pic of the passenger side firewall with parts bolted in those spots?

Thanks!

Some pics of the heater, and red arrow pointing at the left side of one of those brackets. I can grab more pics if that'd be helpful. (Went with the OEM gray used on stock rims for the plastic heater housing.)

IMG_8896.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8910.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is a help....

The bracket setup in my '78 is slightly different, and the bracket locations seem a bit different in relation to the wiring harness grommet location and firewall indentation stampings. The carburetor cooling fan relay is installed on the left side bracket.

My right side bracket is a single ear style, and the seat belt warning relay bolts to it.

IMG_3111.jpeg

My 40 is a 1975. IIR, it has similar brackets, but nothing is bolted to them. The PO may have removed something. IDK.

I'm not sure if this is a help....

The bracket setup in my '78 is slightly different, and the bracket locations seem a bit different in relation to the wiring harness grommet location and firewall indentation stampings. The carburetor cooling fan relay is installed on the left side bracket.

My right side bracket is a single ear style, and the seat belt warning relay bolts to it.

View attachment 3373284
Same as my '77, except the warning buzzer is on the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom