Need triple line clamps for brake/clutch line on firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vae Victus

Posting more than I know
Threads
I am putting in the brake and clutch hard lines in my '76 rebuild. I have some odd line clamps, but I'd prefer the ones shown in these photos. They look like a triple clamp, or a double and single stacked.
Anyone have some extra OEMs or a good later model substitute part number like appear on the 1988-era FJ60s?

Need 3 triples and a double. I can make it work with the junk I have, but I've been through all this detailed work - not willing to get sloppy now.

What I want:

Triples:
IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

Double
IMG_4895.jpeg

What I have:
IMG_5666.jpeg

Nice work. I would just make some out of say 3/4" wide stainless steel thin stock. Use a bolt in a vice as your former and a hard rubber mallet to beat it into submission. You could use split fuel line as the bushing or dip them in that liquid rubber stuff for doing plier handles.

The triples are in-fact, just a single clamp and double clamp on 40s. For new options, a single and double stack like factory, you could use the following:

Double Clamp - 90949-01854
Double Grommet - 90480-01069
Single clamp - 90461-08706
Single clamp ( I like this one because it is offset like the original) - 90461-06112

I'd offer up the OEM triple which is the same as the double above with separate grommet, but that changes how the brake lines are run across the firewall.

The only change with these clamps is they are M8 opening, not M6. If this doesn't bother you, a factory M6 with large flat washer and captured washer covers up the extra space and it isn't visible. Not sure if that concerns you or not....otherwise it will be a hunt for original.

Last edited:
The triples are in-fact, just a single clamp and double clamp on 40s. For new options, a single and double stack like factory, you could use the following:

Double Clamp - 90949-01854
Double Grommet - 90480-01069
Single clamp - 90461-08706
Single clamp ( I like this one because it is offset like the original) - 90461-06112

I'd offer up the OEM triple which is the same as the double above with separate grommet, but that changes how the brake lines are run across the firewall.

The only change with these clamps is they are M8 opening, not M6. If this doesn't bother you, a factory M6 with large flat washer and captured washer covers up the extra space and it isn't visible. Not sure if that concerns you or not....otherwise it will be a hunt for original.
Oh, you hit the nail on the head with what I was looking for. Great info. Again, why I love the community here. And the bolts that I'm using are all going in the M8 holes so I was tapping out the 6mm holes on the existing clamps pictured above (with poor outcomes BTW) anyway, so yes, M8 is needed.

Re changing the routing: Routing doesn't matter, as I'm making the lines myself. But, with close to OEM lines, it will be close to OEM routing.

and @charliemeyer007 - as I was reading your suggestion, I was thinking to myself that this was not a bad idea if there was not a good pre-made solution. Appreciate it.

Im not going 100% factory, but I'm trying to do "looks really good".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom