What engine is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm looking to buy a landcruiser. I have seen a 75 i like, but i have a question about the engine.
Is this a f and a half or an f? Should i wait for a 2f?
I used to have a 79 with 2f and a 3 speed (swapped by previous owner) and I really enjoyed it but i had to leave it behing when i moved to ecuador.

Thanks in advance for any info

IMG-20190902-WA0060.jpg

Looks like a f.5
Maybe a 74 titled as a 75???

If the yellow canister behind the power steering pump is an oil filter, it's either the "F and a half" or a 2 F.

The engine serial number might confirm which. (I know nothing about foreign market numbers)

If the yellow canister behind the power steering pump is an oil filter, it's either the "F and a half" or a 2 F.

The engine serial number might confirm which. (I know nothing about foreign market numbers)
Thats the oil filter. My 2f had a diferent valve cover. I will checkthe engine number when i travel to see it. Thanks

Ill ask for the manufactoring date, thanks

Ask for the engine serial # stamp on the block located just above the starter on a flat spot.
The F and a half (or F.5) will begin with an "F". A 2F begins with "2F"
Here's the stamp on my 5-74 F.5

Engine Stamp 02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom