What engine is this?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a landcruiser. I have seen a 75 i like, but i have a question about the engine.
Is this a f and a half or an f? Should i wait for a 2f?
I used to have a 79 with 2f and a 3 speed (swapped by previous owner) and I really enjoyed it but i had to leave it behing when i moved to ecuador.

Thanks in advance for any info

IMG-20190902-WA0060.jpg

73FJ40

After another night of rust removal!
SILVER Star

If the yellow canister behind the power steering pump is an oil filter, it's either the "F and a half" or a 2 F.

The engine serial number might confirm which. (I know nothing about foreign market numbers)

If the yellow canister behind the power steering pump is an oil filter, it's either the "F and a half" or a 2 F.

The engine serial number might confirm which. (I know nothing about foreign market numbers)
Thats the oil filter. My 2f had a diferent valve cover. I will checkthe engine number when i travel to see it. Thanks

Ill ask for the manufactoring date, thanks

brian

SILVER Star

if it's south/central american.....could be any combination of parts.

Steamer

SILVER Star

Ask for the engine serial # stamp on the block located just above the starter on a flat spot.
The F and a half (or F.5) will begin with an "F". A 2F begins with "2F"
Here's the stamp on my 5-74 F.5

Engine Stamp 02.jpg

Top Bottom