What do you tow your 80 with? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i didnt do much planning on the length, i actually went to purchase a 20ft trailer that was identical to this one but they had sold it and only had this 22ft one. It was only a couple hundred dollars more than the one i wanted and i didnt have to wait for it so i bought the 22. this pic gives a little better perspective of how it fits on a 22ft trailer. wheelbase of the lexus is ~117.
20191006_093328-jpg.2100966
Looks like s good fit. Judging from your pic I'm happy i went with a 20'. 18' would have been tight with any kind of room for a box up front.

What does the Tremor package include ?
- 35's
- Lower gears with a rear locking axle
- Taller and firmer springs
- Skidplates
- Front limited slip
- Performance shocks
- Offroad steps
- breathers for transfer case and axles
- Offroad modes

What does the Tremor package include ?
35” tires on Tremor Wheels
Custom rate lift springs in front
HD rear leafs if it’s a F250
Tremor branded shocks
Rock crawl/ trail modes in computer
Locker in rear, LSD in front
3.55’s for 6.7, 4.30’s for 7.3 gasser.
Raptor style running boards (kept power on mine)
Short front valence, fender flares, bed stickers

Every truck has a sticker on the door jam that tells you just what that truck can haul.
My friends Dodge Diesel 2500 has a payload 2100lb that includes everything, passengers, any cargo, camper, trailer tongue weight.
A heavy trailer will eat up more than half of that capacity 1200 to 1500 lbs add passengers and gear and your done before you put anything in the bed 🤷‍♂️

Even over loaded I would not expect catastrophic failure like that. I suspect there's a issue with the frame.
It's a shame for Pavel, a $17,000 bill won't fix stupid. :meh:

Trailer finally arrived. Ordered at the end of January on a "six week build schedule". Missed the delivery date by a little bit.

PXL_20230721_164549349.jpg

PXL_20230721_170446436.jpg

Handsome set up. Glad to see the tow unit is a Dodge. Mine is almost 19 years old with 210k on the clock and does it like she did in day one.
The trailer is waaay overkill, but driving forest roads in an 80 instead of a Subaru is, too. 🤣

The trailer is waaay overkill, but driving forest roads in an 80 instead of a Subaru is, too. 🤣
Yeah it looks like a beast of a trailer. What the GVWR?

18,400 lb.

Weighs 4,100 lb empty.
So by the book you can haul 14k pounds. My new one is a 14k gross but it weighs 2800 so maybe 11.5 legally. 😏

So by the book you can haul 14k pounds. My new one is a 14k gross but it weighs 2800 so maybe 11.5 legally. 😏
Yup - Sounds about right.

I figure if I need to pick p a skid steer or a mini I'll be in good shape. Honestly only bought the extra capacity because I wanted the big brakes and oil bath axles. I couldn't convince myself to pay an extra $3k for disc brakes, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom