What Do You Do? 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Name: Daniel Watters
Employer: US Army
Position: Major / Signal Officer
How long: 15 years
Where I live: From Bama; currently Augusta, GA
Member: Umm...
Rig: 71 FJ40, 79 FJ40

Bill Wright
Retired autoworker, engineer, project manager, what you need?
Now I do stuff like wheel, sail, travel, hike/camp, cycle, sit in cafes, ride planes trains buses ferries and limos.
Retired three years ago last spring
Member since 06 but haven't paid lately. Paid up ONSC member, they wheel
I live in Greenville South Carolina and near Split Croatia
I have an FJ Cruiser and a Lada Niva and several other things with tires

I just realized that there were still a few of you arouund. This post actually has had three posts this year. Two at least were re-treads but there may even be possiblities of seeing some of you on the trails this winter.
Maybe?

Anyone?

Bill Wright
Retired autoworker, engineer, project manager, what you need?
Now I do stuff like wheel, sail, travel, hike/camp, cycle, sit in cafes, ride planes trains buses ferries and limos.
Retired three years ago last spring
Member since 06 but haven't paid lately. Paid up ONSC member, they wheel
I live in Greenville South Carolina and near Split Croatia
I have an FJ Cruiser and a Lada Niva and several other things with tires

I just realized that there were still a few of you arouund. This post actually has had three posts this year. Two at least were re-treads but there may even be possiblities of seeing some of you on the trails this winter.
Maybe?

Anyone?

Lot of truth in that. About all I can muster these days is GSMTR, Black Balsam, OTMT and Logan Run. And maybe a Gulches run in there. Still 6 wheeling events aren't bad. I believe we are doing snowbird this Jan.

I've lost my wheeling mojo. I'm hoping some of the new members will come in and get the events back to where they used to be.

I have become a day trip wheeler and channel Marshall in long term events (sitting in camp relaxing and unwinding from a hectic life).

*shrug* I guess we are getting old!

Uc's biggest problem when it comes to wheeling is there is no where locally other than gulches. Yes the horse pasture and muster grounds are here but I could take my jetta thru the horse pasture. I wont make gsmtr this year because I plan on using that money I would spend to get the mini in my avatar going again.

Booooo!!!! No GSMTR??? Not even as a passenger???

I plan on making 1-2 major events per year plus GSMTR. I did Moab and Southern Cruiser Crawl this year, plus GSMTR.

Next year I plan on hitting Moab, Colorado or the Rubicon, and GSMTR. Other than that, I may do a weekend around N GA, but otherwise will be in soccer, work, or family fun most of the year.

Once you go west you will never look at the south the same way. It's all I can think about. Was in moab 3 months ago and already planning a Co. trip. I've been wheeling since 17, 37 now. I just wanna sit around a fire and watch other people fix broken parts anymore. And fall asleep in the same chair.

Once you go west you will never look at the south the same way.

I agree whole heartedly. Worst thing I ever did was go wheeling out west, now nothing else will do.... got another 3 week trip planned out that way this coming summer. Going to do an all dirt route Border 2 Border following the continental divide, should be pretty epic :beer:

I want to do a continental divide ride! DEETS!!

We've had withdrawal since CO/NM two summers ago too. I am hoping I can have some things fall together for another trip out west this summer too. I'd like to do north rim or maybe some of Utah this time around. It's a long haul with two kids to CO, not sure if we can make that extra distance work LOL.

I'm headed to Ouray Co in sept. See black bear passs and a few others plus Silverton and Telluride. Anyone's welcome to come along.

Dean Brantley
Locomotive Engineer for Csxt for 17 years (like drive trains) wasnt smart enough to be a real engineer.
Married no kids.
Mnt bike a couple days a week.
Greenwood Sc

I want to do a continental divide ride! DEETS!!

Me and my old college roommates, Clemson55 and SwampyCU will be meeting up at the Antelope Wells, NM Border crossing on June 21, 2015. Then hopefully 13 days later we will in Roosville, MT drinking some moose drool :beer:

hmmm, I think that is also around rubicon time...choices! What are you driving?

I hate to admit I'm a dud as far as going to events. The Army Reserves loves to have drill weekends the same time that we plan events. Or to send me to exotic locations like Augusta, Michigan or Fort Chaffee, Arkansas or Ft Knox, KY or coming soon this summer Ft Hunter Liggett, CA. If its not that then its college school work that is choking me down (half way there 2 more years!) I joined in order to get out and meet folks who shared a similar passion for turning wrenches, four wheeling, and for getting out of the house and away from the norm even if just for a day ride.

This is just me talking out loud. I am also on TTORA I did not see that there is a chapter for them in South Carolina would people here be open to branching out to other Toyota owners? I don't know what is all involved but for all the folks I see driving their Tundras, Tacomas, Sequoias, 4Runners, T100s, and so on I got to think they are probably like me in wanting to find a good group to hang out with and support their hobby.

I'm headed to Ouray Co in sept. See black bear passs and a few others plus Silverton and Telluride. Anyone's welcome to come along.

Might better check to see whats still open (early sept should be good). Black Bear and a few others can close pretty early with the snowfall. It doesn't even open until July typically. We did it in the rain/fog in August and that was an experience I won't soon forget in a big vehicle like a 100. Turning radius is your friend! Beautiful area though with tons of other trails to run too. Imogene to Ophir was an easy but breathtaking ride.

Here's a teaser pic from that run ( I should probably do a trip report sometime huh in the UC forum?):
D7K_1597.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I've rear early Sept is a good time because all the snow is gone and should have to much if any by sept. have to get to doing my homework. Was making sleeping reservations this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom