What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The copper air line looks like it was about to default the locker to open position ;)

The copper air line looks like it was about to default the locker to open position ;)
That depends how many pieces of the crown gear were lodged in it. Maybe it would have been permanently locked? :flush:

OOPS!

How did you manage that?
I went back down to the Hammers a couple weeks ago. When they say to be careful when reversing out of a jam and to try not to do so with the diff locked they were not kidding. I’ve beaten the tar out this diff since 2014 so my time was coming.

rear RCV's. Well haven't bought yet, but it's in my que to be purchased.

I went back down to the Hammers a couple weeks ago. When they say to be careful when reversing out of a jam and to try not to do so with the diff locked they were not kidding. I’ve beaten the tar out this diff since 2014 so my time was coming.
Yeah, figured with the scoring on the carrier it was a reverse shenanigan. Heard several times the fronts pop pretty easily in reverse. I've dodged the bullet so far.

Yeah, figured with the scoring on the carrier it was a reverse shenanigan. Heard several times the fronts pop pretty easily in reverse. I've dodged the bullet so far.
I’ve backed out of holes and over rocks with the diff locked so many times I pretty much forgot the rules. I’m going to take my time and do all the work myself. Will also yank the housing free to gusset and truss it. If I pop that diff again we’re going bigger.

I’ve backed out of holes and over rocks with the diff locked so many times I pretty much forgot the rules. I’m going to take my time and do all the work myself. Will also yank the housing free to gusset and truss it. If I pop that diff again we’re going bigger.
High pinion Dana 60 with unit bearings and a 3 link, coil overs an a front anti-rock? 🤑

My kind of Christmas present :flipoff2:

High pinion Dana 60 with unit bearings and a 3 link, coil overs an a front anti-rock? 🤑

My kind of Christmas present :flipoff2:
My 78 Ramcharger sported a Ford high pinion with king pins and all the good stuff. I should have kept that thing.

My 78 Ramcharger sported a Ford high pinion with king pins and all the good stuff. I should have kept that thing.
Just get a custom one made with 1/2" tubes, Reid knuckles and 2 1/2" Rockwell stubs. Should only set you back $18k.

Just get a custom one made with 1/2" tubes, Reid knuckles and 2 1/2" Rockwell stubs. Should only set you back $18k.
We can build a custom 9.5 with 80 outters for about $4k. My drothers would be dual 60’s with custom length shafts. 8 lug no worries.

Mine is getting replacement doors and already has received one new front fender aka outer guard panel. It would get a replacement motor now until next year . It's main christmas present will be passing it's annual rego inspection before I pay about $1750 in total to renew it's rego, pay the road tax (with rego), then pay the CTP insurance and the full-comp insurance so I can keep using it for another year. I don't think I'll bother trying to fix the AC for summer (I haven't bothered for the past 11 yrs).

We can build a custom 9.5 with 80 outters for about $4k. My drothers would be dual 60’s with custom length shafts. 8 lug no worries.
I wouldn't want to give up a FF rear end though. I don't recall ever seeing a FF D60 rear.

If I was getting that creative and blasphemous I'd lean towards a 14 bolt shave rear and a custom 14 bolt shave front. Because, why not at that point? Or course that probably means I should be driving something different if I'm considering that. Not exactly a sensible option for an 80.

I wouldn't want to give up a FF rear end though. I don't recall ever seeing a FF D60 rear.

If I was getting that creative and blasphemous I'd lean towards a 14 bolt shave rear and a custom 14 bolt shave front. Because, why not at that point? Or course that probably means I should be driving something different if I'm considering that. Not exactly a sensible option for an 80.
Custom rock jock or such. The 14ff is overkill and hangs low.

My 80 got a Sequoia for Christmas. It's like adopting a couple of dogs so they can be friends.

Custom rock jock or such. The 14ff is overkill and hangs low.
Yeah, but you can run 1,500HP through it and it'll hold together. That should stand up to you at Hammers. Should ... I've seen the videos :flipoff2:

Yeah, but you can run 1,500HP through it and it'll hold together. That should stand up to you at Hammers. Should ... I've seen the videos :flipoff2:
I was afraid of that. Notorious as I be, there exists in me a passion for moderation. I’ve been there twice and lost twice. I’ll give it a third shot and hope you will be there to witness my victory. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

I was afraid of that. Notorious as I be, there exists in me a passion for moderation. I’ve been there twice and lost twice. I’ll give it a third shot and hope you will be there to witness my victory. :flipoff2::flipoff2:
Depends if I get a fuel cooler installed for Christmas!

I've just seen my December schedule. I'll be away for 3 weeks on 5 separate trips. 🤮 That's on top of a re-org.

Apparently I'm getting coal in my stocking for Christmas. I think the Cruiser may be celebrating Christmas in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom