What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DBA rotors?
Good eye! I originally went with both DBA pads and rotors, but changed the pads back to OEM.

The front pads produced more dust than I wanted and the rears that I had added a few weeks prior had a sequel that was pretty annoying.

I personally can’t tell a difference in the stopping power between the DBA and OEM Pads, I have had good success with the DBA rotors in the past!

So maybe Santa is real? Unexpectedly, I just got a set of Slinky HD front and rear coils, adjustable rear upper control arms, and lower 11mm extended control arms for my 97. Pics to come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here is a better pic. Now I just have to decide what presents to get for the New Year? At this point it looks like:
2" lift, new tires, front bumper and winch, rear bumper and storage draws to start. From there, who knows.
I was super lucky and snagged this rig for a great price. Its a limited edition Triple Locked and it all works.
I am the third owner and from everything I can tell, It has never been off road. Well, I fixed that tonight.
It's Snowing here with soft ground/mud underneath. I took it out in the woods in some really sticky clay and even without the lockers on
and street tires it pulled right through with no issues. To say I am stoked is an understatement. If anyone has any thoughts ideas, send em my way.
The build has begun and the goal is to have it ready to begin driving across the country in the next 6-8 months when I retire.
Nice ride I have the same one! It’s a collectors edition BTW.

Speakers, some dynamat, OEM heater blower motor and an OEM heater core about it for the holidays purchases. Only one door speaker and the dash speakers working the last 8,500 miles (a year) sucked.

5F337E83-8D09-4FA3-A36B-B11D3F2E4438.jpeg
01BCB674-2228-4699-A0B4-74DE77C01BC3.jpeg
766E8769-9F9F-44C0-9C71-9F45E82F085A.jpeg
94498AD0-08E3-4609-8CCD-B0AE5D07F0CC.jpeg
A7F35C55-FC12-41ED-B31B-C95856E93B3C.jpeg

Doing a bunch to mine over the winter, most the parts from a 1+yr stash.

Cheers

Christmas came early this year for my 80. Started with sliders. Then an ARB bumper. Then a Warn winch. Then tires and wheels. Then wheels again. Now wheels one more time.

In response, my 80 lovingly let go of her rear main seal.

38717E7F-3389-439C-865C-D2BFBADDE4F5.jpeg

Christmas came early this year for my 80. Started with sliders. Then an ARB bumper. Then a Warn winch. Then tires and wheels. Then wheels again. Now wheels one more time.

In response, my 80 lovingly let go of her rear main seal.

View attachment 2870130

Haha. My exhaust started leaking, again, after all the crap I gave mine.

I dig the steelies. 17s?

I have some Delta arms arriving this week, was obviously wishful thinking that my dissent bumpers would arrive for christmas. Hopefully by next Christmas...

Just got these in from Australia. Slinky HD coils and peripherals for my 97 along with the Blackhawk arms for my 94.

Nice surprise text from FIL, “Pell, did you have FEDEX deliver a giant, heavy ass box wrapped in garbage bags to our house?”

Me: I don’t remember?

Shipment 1 of 2:

F652C323-3E23-4A39-B6A4-3F712890B244.jpeg

I have 2,000 miles on them :flipoff2:

Mine came from www.buybrakes.com with the rear pads from Slee, since Buy Brakes was out. Summit has them available too, but check shipping times since they drop ship from Australia randomly; Buy Brakes had there's in a warehouse here.
Looks like none available on that site anymore. Which model did you guys go with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom