What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess I just like the look of them as they are closer to the stock look/shape but have the function of a rear swing out. Some of the aftermarket require removal of the rear cross member from what I understand and most don't integrate with the stock mudflaps. Many look too rock crawl-ish which I'm just not into. I like Slee's but not available and the most expensive. ARB's look goofy on the 80 IMO. There is a forum member that makes a cool hidden swingout for the stock bumper I have considered, but who knows when he'll have some available. I guess those are my reasons. Any reason not to?
Right on, I was just curious about your reasons. I thought the Kaymar and ARB are very similar? I haven't seen either except in photos.

Why just the drivers door? Do the whole thing at once. I know they are expensive but buy once cry once.
Typically I would agree. My 80 only has 99k miles on it. All the weatherstrip is in excellent shape except the driver door window weatherstrip that is torn at the top. It appears that maybe someone at some point tried to open the door with a coat hanger and tore the weatherstrip. It is positioned right by my left ear while driving and makes a decent amount of annoying wind noise. If it weren't for that tear I would not be replacing it.

Last edited:
Right on, I was just curious about your reasons. I thought the Kaymar and ARB are very similar? I haven't seen either except in photos.
I guess I am basing that comment on photos too. I have not seen either in person. I have seen Slee, 4x4Labs and Dissent in person and they look great.

I guess I am basing that comment on photos too. I have not seen either in person. I have seen Slee, 4x4Labs and Dissent in person and they look great.
I’m not a fan of the kaymar or arb but that’s just me. They both look bulky and the lines don’t flow well and seem out of place on the 80. That’s just my opinion. I think the slee is beautiful but damn it’s never available and $$$. Personally, I like the Delta VS bumper. Pure sexy. If you’re forming out that much cash for a kaymar, I’d consider the ones you mentioned. Dissent is awesome too and doesn’t look too “rock crawly”

I’m not a fan of the kaymar or arb but that’s just me. They both look bulky and the lines don’t flow well and seem out of place on the 80. That’s just my opinion. I think the slee is beautiful but damn it’s never available and $$$. Personally, I like the Delta VS bumper. Pure sexy. If you’re forming out that much cash for a kaymar, I’d consider the ones you mentioned. Dissent is awesome too and doesn’t look too “rock crawly”
I like the way the DVS fits the lines of the truck. Definitely not under stated though!

I’m not a fan of the kaymar or arb but that’s just me. They both look bulky and the lines don’t flow well and seem out of place on the 80. That’s just my opinion. I think the slee is beautiful but damn it’s never available and $$$. Personally, I like the Delta VS bumper. Pure sexy. If you’re forming out that much cash for a kaymar, I’d consider the ones you mentioned. Dissent is awesome too and doesn’t look too “rock crawly.
I like the way the kaymar matches up to the stock mudflaps so it kind of keeps a more factory look. I know it's not as slim as the rock crawler types, but I like the old school Aussie simplicity of it. Delta bumper is definately cool, but I kinda feel like it's a couple of decades ahead of the 80 as far as styling. I do love those integrated steps though. Great idea. Maybe I'll change my mind.

New shoes and I’m finally fixing the oil pump cover/front main seal leak.
59E6BC92-E057-4A0D-ADA6-591E6AC76651.jpeg
AB87A8EF-1AE8-48F9-A3F4-BE05779B42BB.jpeg

I like the way the kaymar matches up to the stock mudflaps so it kind of keeps a more factory look. I know it's not as slim as the rock crawler types, but I like the old school Aussie simplicity of it. Delta bumper is definately cool, but I kinda feel like it's a couple of decades ahead of the 80 as far as styling. I do love those integrated steps though. Great idea. Maybe I'll change my mind.
Agreed on the styling. The biggest sell for me was the way the swing outs work. So much better than the other designs i looked at. Some serious thought went in to that set up.

Also gives me lots of room to attach other potential Christmas presents.

Did you find a kit in stock? Stage 1 or 4? Was told they are a couple months out at least.
Edited. I’d also like to know.

Who told you they’re a couple months out?

Last edited:
New stereo. For some reason I destroy mine every few years. I wish I could say its wiring but, it always ends up being internal.

Edited. I’d also like to know.

Who told you they’re a couple months out?
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or referring to the wrong kit. I was told they no longer have a US dealer so I contacted 4xousa.com and they told me springs are backordered for a couple of months.

While I keep going back and forth on buying new front window runs, I did splurge (for me anyway) on a BH3D printed cupholder. It showed up today and I have to say its a stout piece of kit that I'm excited to get 'installed' in my car
The cup holder is a game changer!

as far as the windows, Some rubber specific lubrication may help in the interim.
Wurth makes some products that I have used in the past with good results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom