What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (89 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took off the spacers...no more vibrationsView attachment 1104382
Spacers are the worst thing you can do, always better to run more negative offset, there are so many horror stories of driveline/spacer failure, not to mention completely illegal (over here anyway)

Yep. I believe your correct!!

Spacers are the worst thing you can do, always better to run more negative offset, there are so many horror stories of driveline/spacer failure, not to mention completely illegal (over here anyway)

Was just in Sequoia where someone had braking issues at camp. He took off his hummer wheels from his 80. 6" aluminum spacers?!?!?!

Was just in Sequoia where someone had braking issues at camp. He took off his hummer wheels from his 80. 6" aluminum spacers?!?!?!

No thanks.

Plus not everyone installs longer wheel studs like they’re suppose to.

Plus not everyone installs longer wheel studs like they’re suppose to.

Most thicker spacers (anything 1" and bigger for sure) have their own studs. The spacer mounts with lugnuts to the hub, and the wheel then mounts to the spacer with lugnuts using the spacer's integrated studs.

Wheel%20Spacers_02.jpg

Ah...gotcha. Use to seeing 1" or less on cars when I used to do tires. Most improperly done.

I gotta disagree.this is one of these things argued to death. With Correct installation, they cause no more stress than an offset wheel. It's no different than aluminium wheels, they have to be checked until the torque is set and the wheels become seated.

I gotta disagree.this is one of these things argued to death. With Correct installation, they cause no more stress than an offset wheel. It's no different than aluminium wheels, they have to be checked until the torque is set and the wheels become seated.

Agreed but it's surprising how often these are not re-torqued. Shockingly often.

Been running on 1.5" Spidertrax spacers for over 2 years. Up to 130mph. Never an issue, never a loose bolt. Put them on with red loctite, checked them early and again when I rotate tires and never an issue.

Oh that all black LX450 looks good! I can't wait until I get mine!! lol.

Joey would've delivered it by now and I'd be rocking an ARB front bumper... Amirite @NLXTACY?!?! :)

Looks great as you did it. But I wonder if you considered the entire A pillar too?
I'm thinking of doing this too but have not decided how low the white should go yet.

I thought the same thing. Wanted to stay with a classic line. Took 5 cans, should have been 6. Very simple, but the plastidip wanted to stick to the masking tape. I cut 4 thin strips of aluminum tape to clean up the edges near the a pillar and the rear section near the hatch.

Initially, I had no intention of doing it. I took the rack off to see if I had rust. Thankfully, all was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom