What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Juan - I had no idea what it was and hadn't really looked into it

J

got my new radiator in today, with new hoses and thermostat too, mostly back together but that phh hose is a biatch, got the old one off and somehow I have misplaced my new one [silicon with the constant torque clamps] and a bolt snapped on my ac dryer and I cant get the line off the top of it that goes back to the drivers fender so looks like a new line to go with the new dryer, was doing this while I had the headlight out for the radiator replacement.......I got one more place back at my brothers to look for the phh replacement or I will have to order another one, sheez I was hoping to be finished with this by now, it never seems to end ...........

I've been away. Tanzania's a special place. Well worth a visit if you have a month of free time and a boatload of cash. Didn't take the surfboards on the safari. Just to the beach. Here's a few more from this part of the world.
p1050185.jpg
p1040871.jpg

p1040965.jpg
p1040999.jpg
p1050057.jpg
p1040952.jpg

THAT is where you need a RTT, no way in hell I would camp on the ground with lions sniffing my butt.

Washed it :meh:

Wheeled my LC to my fav fishing spot on Friday and washed/waxed it today!!!

Sprayed under carriage with corrosion x HD. Did family 4runner also. Stuff is amazing. Been 2 days and most orange rusty spots are black already.

Changed air filters and added filter minder.
Replaced dash bulbs with red LEDs.
Added block heater cord to the Cummins.
Added compressor switch in the dash to finish off OBA install.
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG

Put in my new hood insulator... Exciting times!
31hoodinsulator.jpg

Before putting the new insulator in I put automotive Goop in the gaps where he hood reinforcement had separated. No more hood wobble and no more dangly insulator.

Last edited:
THAT is where you need a RTT, no way in hell I would camp on the ground with lions sniffing my butt.
Yeah because lions can't climb or anything

Finished the following: front Detroit locker, Aisin manual hubs, new birfs, replaced spindle, hub, rotor on driver side, knuckle job, new front brake pads and new wheel bearings and seals front. That was enough. Good to go for another 30k as long as I don't get stuck in the mud again and not check the hubs. Expensive mistake.

Yesterday I finally removed the 1" spacers from the front springs.

image.jpg

That's the cleanest engine bay I've seen on 1 of our rigs. How do you get it that clean?

Sprayed under carriage with corrosion x HD. Did family 4runner also. Stuff is amazing. Been 2 days and most orange rusty spots are black already.
I just looked this stuff up it sounds pretty good. How much did you use? I see you can buy it in gallon containers, I wonder if you could pour it in a regular spray bottle and go from there.

It is great stuff. whatever is rust color turns black in a few days. It's shiney but dulls with time. I buy it by the gallon off eBay . Sprays great out of Wagner electric sprayer. ..just don't ever use it fir paint.ha. the stuff is like molasses so I heat it up a bit before spraying. 1/4 of gallon max to do it. I did 3 trucks with one gallon and one is loooong frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom