What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rebuilt passenger rear axle this afternoon. couple of hang ups and some rust on the hub stubs, worst part is when I was just about done and torque everything down one of the hub stud broke right off even with torque wrench. Couple of them walked also, since they had some rust guess I'll just order a whole set if studs. I ordered the bearings just in case but even with no grease and a bit loose the bearings looked like new. Added grease and back on they go.

Overall not too bad, next time it should be half the time if that.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397442327.960218.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397442343.259547.jpg

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

Cleaned garage and parked her on stands. Replaced leaking valve cover gasket, Pcv valve and spark plug seals. Drained coolant and pulled all the hoses.

Built a corral fence for my new goats, and used my 80 as a work bench and it's winch to stretch the wire.

Two long grueling days, but my little lawnmowers are now happily installed in their new digs. Dairy production should begin in about a month!

1397480305995.jpg

1397480334927.jpg

1397480365736.jpg

1397480393920.jpg

1397480408831.jpg

Added some spacers all around (lovin' the new look) and fixed my P0401. Winning....

Installed @Fourrunner 's battery cable setup, rigged a tether for the broken cap on my M12000 remote plug, drove it some ... decided I REALLY need to get serious about sealing up the front of the engine ...

Oil + filter change on the '80, plus tire rotation to get the spare in the mix.
Drive to work on Sunday; what used to be the spare is making noise, great... Turns out the balance weights ever so slightly brush the caliper...

I had asked for sticky weights to be used for balancing - apparently, that wheel required a double-stack, all in one spot. So the erstwhile left front wheel is back on (now right rear) until I can get that other wheel re-balanced.

Went to service my AC and realized PO had already converted to R134a...Bonus! Bought a can of it at AZ and had it blowing 39deg in a matter of mins. Found that the quick connect input on the compressor was loose also. Could explain the need for additional refrigerant. Either way, it's making the family happy now that we're getting warmer in South Texas.

Also embarked on epic de-crudding of the right side of the engine. Got first of many layers off and have a little more hope now!

Pics posted later.

Kids were at a birthday party so I got a couple hours to FINALLY (8 years after the conversion temp linkage i hated) to start the Twin Stick conversion on my Orion/NV4500 and finished my steering modification for my 1" body lift.. Had studs extended and tig welded to mimic OEM..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The club I run with had their annual blood drive. Managed to win a smittybuilt power tank. See how that works. I was going to put a air tank up under it and hand mount a viair I have.
We had a RTI ramp so. I figured I'd see what it would do. 477 on a 30 deg. Not bad at all. Need to get the front working a little better. Had both sways. Try a disconnect on the front first.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Removed the bumper and sliders
IMG_2543.JPG

Finished the de-flare job:

IMG_2544.JPG

Rolled on some Raptorliner:

IMG_2549.JPG

For the OCD in the bunch... I threw on non-LX rear quarter lights. Comparison:

IMG_2546.JPG