What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (135 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was by myself so we only did mild trails. I wanted to run "fins n things" but decided against it since I was by myself and 15 hours from home. Has anyone run it with a stock height 80?

Yes. And Hells Revenge, Kane Creek, Metal Masher, Porcupine Rim all stock height to name a few.

Typed poorly from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Yes. And Hells Revenge, Kane Creek, Metal Masher, Porcupine Rim all stock height to name a few.

How did your rear bumper fare?

I was by myself so we only did mild trails. I wanted to run "fins n things" but decided against it since I was by myself and 15 hours from home. Has anyone run it with a stock height 80?

I ran it and was 4 days away from home and alone. But, I was pretty nervous in sections and had a lift so....it's no walk in the park for a stock truck

Meh, only because it looks like the teflon on mojaves: the wheels you can cook a three cheese omelet on.

I picked the graphite since it matched the gray moldings on my collectors edition, isn't to bad of a match, not perfect, but not bad.

How did your rear bumper fare?

I had a receiver hitch "rear stinger". You can square up to most of the obstacles on Fins and Things so not really that hard to keep the rear bumper clean. Fins is a trail we generally send people out to first to get a feel for Moab. Its really not that hard but gives a first timer to Moab a good feel for how much traction is available. Plus it offers a couple bail out options if you just need off it for what ever reason.

That's one of the few warn 8274 I have seen on an 80. Only 20 threads when you search. And you did not cut the grill. What bumper is that?

I picked one up this week and will be cutting my ARB bumper and putting it in after a week or so of cleaning, service, and re-tapping the mounting holes. Paid $360 and it is functional.

I could not find much on 8274s on 80s either after searching MUD and google.

image-2520369942.jpg

image-3816181759.jpg

Fitting a 8274 can be done with ARB but requires cutting grill or modifying ARB or both depending on how you place it.

From memory you can order the "commercial" bar from ARB and 8274 bolts in no mods. Commercial bar is not as wide as its designed for 80's with no flares. Not a standard stock item at ARB USA as all our 80 came with flares.

Typed poorly from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Flew to Jackson, MS to buy my fourth land cruiser and now ready for a long drive back to Kentucky.

image-3503322980.jpg

^Ya got a great cruiser there!
Travel with confidence!

May or may not have installed a $0.99 fuel filter in place of the failed charcoal canister.

May or may not have been the best/cheapest repair to date! No more whoosh of fuel vapor and hopefully less random running issues. Thanks Beno!

Also watched my buddy massage 95% of the trail rash out off the rear corners of my 80. Guy is a magician with the bodywork.

May or may not have installed a $0.99 fuel filter in place of the failed charcoal canister.

^^More details please, Sir!^^

Was having intermittent AC issues in high ambient temps and stop and go traffic. So, new T-stat, new Blue fan hub and new red juice a couple weekends ago. All good now.
Picked up a couple cans of graphite :p for this weekend. I've got a squeak in the front left corner, I'm pretty sure its a brake indicator tab. I told :princess: I would have to take the wheels off to figure it out, so they might as well get painted while they are off. How can she argue with that logic? :hillbilly:

Do you realize that even though it is a small amount, the fuel vapors that escape to atmosphere are the most energetic part of the fuel formula. It is just energy going to waste if you don't keep it in the system and use it. John

You would have to vent several thousand cubic feet of fuel vapor before you would start to see any return on purchasing a new charcoal canister vs the fuel filter. The majority of that fuel vapor is neutralized by the activated charcoal anyways.

Plus, I doubt that canister exists on trucks sold in south America, Asia, Africa, etc. It's certainly not a performance enhancing item.

Do you realize that even though it is a small amount, the fuel vapors that escape to atmosphere are the most energetic part of the fuel formula. It is just energy going to waste if you don't keep it in the system and use it. John

I don't know whole lot about charcoal canisters, but the whole Vapor thing is actually a bigger deal than you think.

In fact, they say that you shouldn't fill your tank when it is excessively hot and you shouldn't fill it up too quickly, because when you do this, you are only vaporizing the fuel as it goes into your tank, but the vapor is actually escaping and returning to the supply tank at the gas station through the vent In the pump handle. you're only getting the liquid gas.

In other words, the fuel is being measured as a liquid coming out the Pump in a any higher volume than what you actually get into your tank when it converts to vapor.

(I'm sure I didn't explain that well)

Pat

Put a new sticker on the 80!!!!! I have a lot of buddies that drive Jeeps so I hope that if I get stuck they will still pull me out!!!!

Awesome sticker! Good luck getting one of them to help you now.

Started my diff gasket repair. It's only been leaking since May...

image-3487544850.jpg

Engine bay post Moab :)

image-2270078762.jpg

Artsy fartsy shot for Instagram.
image-2162773878.jpg

image-3487544850.jpg

image-2270078762.jpg

image-2162773878.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom