What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re-tapped the threads for the 4 bolts that hold the stone tray beneath the belts, they were a but chewed out but the tap made em good again and used new M8x1.25 bolts so no more rattles !
Then went for a day trip up to Craigs Hut and cooked up a couple of nice burgers over the fire by the King River before doing the 5 or so crossings of it.
80's now sleeping till next weekend.....

1710721159842.png
1710721631235.png

1710721188288.png

1710721219357.png
1710735723562.png

Last edited:
Hit Roundup in Mason, TX as well and wheeled for three days. Truck was great!

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_9311.jpeg
IMG_9326.jpeg
IMG_9328.jpeg
IMG_9327.jpeg
Replaced breather hose from valve cover to the air intake. Removed old Motorola cell phone speaker system and rats nest of wires from previous owner. Found one bullet and token for one free item at DQ under center console.

Re-tapped the threads for the 4 bolts that hold the stone tray beneath the belts, they were a but chewed out but the tap made em good again and used new M8x1.25 bolts so no more rattles !
Then went for a day trip up to Craigs Hut and cooked up a couple of nice burgers over the fire by the King River before doing the 5 or so crossings of it.
80's now sleeping till next weekend.....

View attachment 3584588View attachment 3584592

View attachment 3584589

View attachment 3584591
Australia looks so cool

IMG_3242.jpeg

Ouch....

Yes, exactly what went thru our heads when We got the call about this poor 94 FZJ80 that was just in an accident. To make things worse? 49k miles on her.

IMG_3167.jpeg

Well, guess what? Our team did an amazing job bringing her back to life, with some needed upgrades.
  • Whole front clip refinished using OEM body panels & Depo lamps.
  • @ARB 4x4 Front winch Bumper with Auxbeam Round LED Driving lamps.
  • Dobinsons front spring spacers & Corrective bushings.
  • 55% Ceramic Windown tint all around.
  • All rubber replaced under the hood with OEM & @cruiseroutfit parts; front main seal, oil pump cover seal, valve cover gasket, PHH, FHH, Air intake, PCV, plugs, dist rotor + cap + seal, etc along with 555 Tie Rod end kit.
IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1484.jpeg

Always happy to bring back a Cruiser to its former glory.
Manny @ Tampa Cruisers.

Met up with some cruiser heads in Texas while on a work trip.
I recognize that shop with its endless supply of bed pans!

Such a great event! I haven't been in a while.
Yeah and it was great again this year. I was hanging with some guys that wheel their 80's hard and we kept digging up new to me rowdy crags in those rocks, had a big time. Biggest setback was the flash hail storm that inundated my antique Marmot tent, but everything dried up enough to enjoy the trip.

IMG_2358.jpeg

Finally (an exhaust shop) did my exhaust. CAT delete. Full stainless 2.5” from the O2 sensors to the back! One silencer, no silencer at the back. Really happy with the sound. Also the engine feels more “free” than before!

Finally (an exhaust shop) did my exhaust. CAT delete. Full stainless 2.5” from the O2 sensors to the back! One silencer, no silencer at the back. Really happy with the sound. Also the engine feels more “free” than before!
Sounds expensive, how much did they charge for everything? I need a whole new exhaust too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom