What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Girlfriend and daughter got me a r/c for Fathers Day. Gonna paint it up to match. Anyone looking at these, they are pretty nice!
IMG_5232.jpeg
IMG_3531.jpeg

Returned with my wife and dogs to a favorite camp spot in Wyoming, caught some fish and did some terrific sleeping by a river.

Second morning out, two backpackers wandered into our camp asking for help. They were early 20s kids on a cross-country road trip but made a bad choice and got their rear wheel drive minivan (with bald tires) stuck in a snow/mud bank almost 70 miles from pavement, then they had walked nearly 20 miles down the mountain until they ran into us. We crammed all our stuff and them into my truck and drove them up to their van, then I got my traction mats and winch line all set up to recover their vehicle… but no power to my winch. 🤦🏻‍ Turns out I broke one of the pins in the controller off in the winch receiver, so it was a bit of a fail.

The resolution was us driving them 70 miles back down the river to get a 4x4 wrecker in town, and we parted ways at the excellent Melvin Brewing Company. We heard they did get their van recovered, so all’s not lost.

View attachment 3352476
Smittybuilt winch?

Korean BBQ pick up duties with fresh oil in the sump / simple life pleasures

Park’s BBQ, check it out! 🥩

IMG_2442.jpeg

Oh s*** lol only need one...

I'll just sandwich plates around the frame; was just drawing it out as I added mounting holes to the skid itself.

Mock-up.

20230619_110526.jpg

The changes.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 133025.png

The brackets.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 133814.png

Screenshot 2023-06-19 133826.png

Getting warm out so I'll just finish it tomorrow.

Refreshed my AC system, but with a slight hiccup.. I replaced my dryer, expansion valve and evaporator.. Went to pull vacuum before Refrigerant recharge and it was not holding vacuum. For some reason I decided to fill system with Refrigerant and immediately found leak. Smell of Refrigerant filled the cab and Refrigerant sprung out of the passenger side foot well where evaporator resides. Not sure hiw I messed up, but I put in the wrong size o rings where evaporator meets the ac hard lines. Removed and cleaned evap (from Refrigerant leakage), replaced o rings with correct size, pulled vacuum and recharged.. Blows cold... Issue now is I can't get Refrigerant smell out of air ducts? I cleaned box where evap sits and blower fan and housing. Did not find any other refrigerant anywhere else yet I still smell this crap, and it's gonna kill me. Each time a drive 80 I walk away with a slight headache. Where could the leak have traveled too or? How can o get this smell out. Run heater? Lol.

View attachment 3351149

The smell would be the refrigerant oil, which is very strong. It is also oil, so that is what makes it hard to get rid of. Could some have sprayed onto other surfaces, possibly even the carpet?

Installed the Kaon cargo barrier and shelf, finished (for now) my storage and fridge (Dometic 75) slide (Ironman 60-80) setup. The Plano cases aren’t the best use of space, but make up their shortcomings in being pretty cheap and easy to find.
IMG_9487.jpeg
IMG_9493.jpeg

The smell would be the refrigerant oil, which is very strong. It is also oil, so that is what makes it hard to get rid of. Could some have sprayed onto other surfaces, possibly even the carpet.

All Refrigerant that was spilled outside the evaporator housing box was spilled onto the husky floor liner.. But honestly I did not check rest of carpet towards firewall area..

Oh s*** lol only need one...

I'll just sandwich plates around the frame; was just drawing it out as I added mounting holes to the skid itself.

Mock-up.

View attachment 3352976

The changes.

View attachment 3352973

The brackets.

View attachment 3352974

View attachment 3352975

Getting warm out so I'll just finish it tomorrow.
Yeah I get it. I had to remove an Ironman slider the had been on a while and I broke a u-bolt since the threads are so fine and it was a little rusty. Just decided to order all new hardware and then shortly after saw your post. I really only need one but a few clicks was much quicker than trying to source one locally or figure out the exact size of just the one I need.

Yeah I get it. I had to remove an Ironman slider the had been on a while and I broke a u-bolt since the threads are so fine and it was a little rusty. Just decided to order all new hardware and then shortly after saw your post. I really only need one but a few clicks was much quicker than trying to source one locally or figure out the exact size of just the one I need.

If for some reason I don't like it, I'll scrap the whole thing and just mount it up differently altogether.

Got plenty of 1/4" steel plate anyway.

Trinity area, Nor-NorCal.

DSC04630.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom