What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm planning on getting a set at some point if I don't swap out the fronts entirely. Even then, I'll probably get a pair for the 2nd row.

One of the projects on my radar is to pull the carpet and replace it...while that's out, replace the sound dampening material, rewire for an amp and rear stock location sub, and then throw in front seats that are more comfortable using the brackets found here on Mud :)
They are a little pricey brand new, but I snagged these second hand so I didn't worry about it. They are nice for sure and can only imagine how nice brand new ones would be.

Those welds look very good, and you will have no problems with that gusset. Learning to weld isn't that hard but it helps to watch a couple of videos from places like Miller, etc. Sometimes a good-looking weld doesn't mean too much. Great job!

Thank you for the compliments!

You're correct, it's not difficult once you learn the basics. Understanding voltage/wire speeds, how to correct issues when they come up (porosity for example), and making sure you're getting complete fusion are very important.

Some of you might have heard that I have made an arrangement to purchase the Cruisin Offroad 80 series bumpers and skid plates (US and diesel 5 speed) files and "rights".

Jason and I have liked each others armor for years and when he retired from fabrication and closed Cruisin Offroad it made sense for us to get together.

The skid plates will be on the Trail Tailor website by weeks end and the rear bumpers will have many options. Combining his base with my arm options.

Here is the first tacked up rear with tire carrier and removable triple jerry can/YETI 35 cooler carrier.

Please message me for bumper pricing and options if interested.

Jason
TT

CRUISIN OFFROAD SKIDS.jpg
PXL_20230510_202156721.jpg
PXL_20230525_195329256.jpg
PXL_20230525_195349659.jpg
PXL_20230525_195337718.jpg

Some of you might have heard that I have made an arrangement to purchase the Cruisin Offroad 80 series bumpers and skid plates (US and diesel 5 speed) files and "rights".

Jason and I have liked each others armor for years and when he retired from fabrication and closed Cruisin Offroad it made sense for us to get together.

The skid plates will be on the Trail Tailor website by weeks end and the rear bumpers will have many options. Combining his base with my arm options.

Here is the first tacked up rear with tire carrier and removable triple jerry can/YETI 35 cooler carrier.

Please message me for bumper pricing and options if interested.

Jason
TT

View attachment 3333061View attachment 3333062View attachment 3333063View attachment 3333064View attachment 3333065
Cruisin Offroad/Jason made amazing products. I was sad when he told me he no longer makes these parts. Glad you took over man!

Does anyone know if this is needed? Looks like a large OE harness installed but the wiring looks a little fresh.. when I plug it in it’s actuating relays for the hazards and the dash nights… very confusing

38F4E72A-AC80-4FB9-973D-76558DA803F7.jpeg

F9793B0E-4B63-4184-B1C9-484A2AF6800D.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is needed? Looks like a large OE harness installed but the wiring looks a little fresh.. when I plug it in it’s actuating relays for the hazards and the dash nights… very confusing

View attachment 3333856

View attachment 3333858
That looks to me like the port installed "factory" security system.

Not "needed" as long as you can remove it and undo anything that was modified for its installation. I don't recall if the port installed stuff actually interrupts any factory wiring, or just taps into it. I do remember that they're not terribly difficult to undo though.

Highlights reel of the summer flying season in Esperance western australia, lots of incredible beaches and 4x4 with the 80 series:

Now moving into a new season at the top end of western australia for the 'dry season' and looking to do a lot more offroading.

Please educate us on this nice little device. 😊. I think I have those same handles that you have on your roof rack (is it a table?) I put them on my Pinsu rack which is similar to the Bowfin you have. Have to say the Bowfin looks like a nicer design due to the clamps.

View attachment 3333856

View attachment 3333858
No, it's not needed.

That is the alarm harness.

Unplug it all, plug the truck plugs back into each other and away you go with more issues.

View attachment 3334018

- Driving in the desert
- Spending too much time on Partsouq
- Spending too much money on Partsouq
- Interior deep (ish) clean
- Hoarding parts for an intercooler install, almost there
What size are your tires man. I got a spare set of oem wheels I am getting tires for soon. I like how this looks. It's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom