What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got in a sneaky midweek storm ski. 8" of fresh untracked powder on road to the trailhead and just my dogs and a snowstorm for company. We had the place all to ourselves and I got to spin a couple of slow snow donuts in the empty lot. Snownuts?

IMG_4448 2.jpg

Got the AUX fan installed and wired up (still need to go to a pick-&-pull and get some Toyota plugs to use between the fan motor and the harness). Then took the lads up to Ocala to camp some more while it's still Florida's "shoulder season" (I think @GGM and I were bouncing around the same woods). Ended up having to put it into 4-low so I can blast up a dug-up, sugar sand hill like a raped ape after wheeling down to a sweet swimming hole:

aux fan 003.jpg

aux fan 004.jpg

Camp 001.jpg

Blue Hole Ocala 001.jpg

Agreed, still trying to figure out that setup as I'm leaning more towards the new Yankum fairlead that uses soft shackles vs the traditional metal hook.
Yeah, the new stuff is pretty cool. I like the freedom winch rope I see being used on Matt's offroad recovery. If I did a lot of winching I would want to run a set up like that and forgo the metal hook.

But where I personally only run my winch a few times a year I just stuck with the fairlead and metal hook that came with my winch. It works well enough.

I did decide to run a rubber stopper thing on my winch rope instead of hooking the hook on my bumper and kinking the line.

This is what I am using.

Stuff…

F3DF6EC3-D1F4-4D77-89A4-9B02CA8CA960.jpeg

2DD9C8F9-7D13-4239-9EFB-78820A71B619.jpeg

Jonny @js0k and I are preparing to assemble a Doublewrench factory short block for our friend we call 4Hundo @Alpine4X4
Doublewrench, in case you're wondering, is what we call our Cruiser shenanigans. We do take it seriously though. It’s going to be sexy!
BTW, that's an ATF Speed transmission looming in the background. If you can't have three pedals, you should at least have one of these ! And a baby potty too!
I would also like to send a special thanks to our friend @newtomelx 💜 for helping us source the metric ton of parts required for this build. Think twice before you embark on this!
09917F6C-C4AF-498E-9AAA-15775E965C48.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the shift solenoids in my 94. Lost second gear almost completely a little over a week ago and only had first when I shifted manually down to it. New filter while I was at it. So nice to be able to drive it again.
Nice did you buy Toyota ones or the Isuzu ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom