What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Urban dwelling problems

IMG_1994.jpeg

Indicated 7' - whew! :D

Found myself up by Tantalus Lookout today and decided to grab a picture of the cruiser with Diamond Head in the background.

View attachment 3269878
My daughter goes to U of H, she was saying earlier that the weather was amazing and this picture proves it. Also, I wonder which air craft carrier that is in the background too.

Nice - wish I would've spotted you! I was just there this past week.
Judging by that palm tree it looks like you were out here when we had some serious Kona winds from that storm that rolled by! If you make it out here again let me know and we can do peacock flats or ka'ena point.
My daughter goes to U of H, she was saying earlier that the weather was amazing and this picture proves it. Also, I wonder which air craft carrier that is in the background too.
I'd wager that isn't a military carrier but a civilian cargo carrier, the main shipping ports are near Honolulu (pictured) and there are always cargo ships out there waiting for entry. There was a recent storm that drove out all the bad weather for a few days, and it's been calm and beautiful the last few.

Judging by that palm tree it looks like you were out here when we had some serious Kona winds from that storm that rolled by! If you make it out here again let me know and we can do peacock flats or ka'ena point.

I'd wager that isn't a military carrier but a civilian cargo carrier, the main shipping ports are near Honolulu (pictured) and there are always cargo ships out there waiting for entry. There was a recent storm that drove out all the bad weather for a few days, and it's been calm and beautiful the last few.
You might be right about it being a cargo but, but having served on 2 carriers back to back you do not forget that profile on the horizon.

Nothing huge of note for me this weekend but I did hit up the local junkyard and pulled the *heated seat switches/pigtails out of a Lexus LS400 that fit almost perfectly into the arm rest console coin holders. I’ll have to dremmel a little bit but that’s fine 🤔👍😎👍

*I’m planning on swapping the seats out in late summer for heated Audi A4s seats…and since the front seats will be out, I’m going to replace the carpet and put down the sound deadening/insulation padding throughout the rig.

Also picked up the mirror switch out of a 1997 Camry which is an exact match, because, TOYOTA. Should my ability to move the mirrors ever crap out, I have a spare. Not like they’re hard to find but…I was there, so…🤷‍♂️ I pulled the entire bezel unit so I have the dimmer knob/switch also.

This gives me the fizzy root feeling

Is your roof ceramic coated???

No paint yet. Stock from 1994 with some welding and rest. I'm going to Raptor paint this one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom