What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Waiting on a few parts, nothing going on this weekend. Took a crisp drive this afternoon, passed @akjerry doing the same in his HDJ81.

07B4BC01-D619-4409-8100-AA6527AA20CC.jpeg

@leonard_nemoy not that they’re fat, but they’re 315s 😜 Toyo AT3 “looks” narrower than some, probably cause the sidewalls aren’t chonky.

@HTXRedneck yep, that’s them. They’re about 1/2” further out than stock, perfect to be flush with flares.

It’s the LX grille, but I swapped out the emblem. Eventually I’d like to get the older text grille and also put in these depot lights I have on a shelf...

@leonard_nemoy not that they’re fat, but they’re 315s 😜 Toyo AT3 “looks” narrower than some, probably cause the sidewalls aren’t chonky.

@HTXRedneck yep, that’s them. They’re about 1/2” further out than stock, perfect to be flush with flares.

It’s the LX grille, but I swapped out the emblem. Eventually I’d like to get the older text grille and also put in these depot lights I have on a shelf...
This is my kind of build. Great DD.The 315 on the 8" wheel is dialed and Dustin @FNWheels is the kind of guy i want to business with! Oh, and I like black trucks.
ATMO, mixing Lexi and Yota stuff is cool.

I am probably used to seeing my rig with no fender flares lol.

Either way your rig is looking good. Makes me think I need a 2nd 80 series with a clean body...

changed engine oil, filter & greased uni's & slip yokes

noticed rear uni at diff has a tiny bit of play in it but its the 1st day here in melbourne without rain so took my Harley out for a run up to Lake Eildon (actually just started raining again now as I type this)

The 80 can have a rest till next weekend and ill do the uni as soon as I get a new one

The front seat belts from the 97 Camry are a direct match for the 97 Land Cruiser?
The belts themselves, not the units.
I’ll pull the belts out and swap them. They’ll be a little longer and I’m fine with that. Mine were frayed. Found the same color, too.

There’s an entire thread about what fits an 80 series land cruiser from other Toyotas.

For instance, I pulled the leather sun visors out of a 1995 Lexus LS400 and swapped them. No kiss, no fuss. Cost me $5 for the pair at the yard prior to summer 👍

I pulled the center console armrest padding from a Lexus GS- had to cut the back mounting bracket off but it lines up nicely; some glue, I used 3M double sided tape. I now have a taller arm rest 👍

I would also sell my 80 if I was living in Baltimore.

where im at i dont have a parking pad in the back, its street parking only. realistically it wouldnt get used all that much, i wouldnt really have anywhere to work on it other than in the street hipefully near the house, and it would just keep rusting. its going to be the new hocky truck for the kids, and ill be able to get visitation rights when i come back to nj

First of all, where did you source a new cable?

The most difficult part will be pulling the dash and removing the cable from the back of the speedo cluster.

After you get that removed disconnect the cable from the t case. Than remove it from the cable holders and replace it.

Goodluck
@leonard_nemoy

It took a lot of searching but I found
CruiserParts I’m New Hampshire
Sourced it online and then emailed customer support to confirm.

Order Details: CruiserParts, The best place for Land Cruiser Parts! - https://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php

1 x FJ80 Speedometer Cable 91-92 = $54.99

8C4A4631-4B1F-4676-AC57-3BF1E133C72B.jpeg

Last edited:
where im at i dont have a parking pad in the back, its street parking only. realistically it wouldnt get used all that much, i wouldnt really have anywhere to work on it other than in the street hipefully near the house, and it would just keep rusting. its going to be the new hocky truck for the kids, and ill be able to get visitation rights when i come back to nj
Well hopefully you can keep it and good luck with the move and the kids.

Well hopefully you can keep it and good luck with the move and the kids.

sold it yesterday to my friend, hell be driving his kids around with it. if you love something sometimes you just have to let it go

@leonard_nemoy

Order Details: CruiserParts, The best place for Land Cruiser Parts! - https://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php

View attachment 3160710
@leonard_nemoy

View attachment 3160710

@leonard_nemoy ok. I got old cable off and out and put up against new cable.

Old cable has metal and plastic holders that appear were either crimped on or cable was slid thru them. Also has heat shield wrap toward T case and heavier wrap where it come thru floor board in front of shifter and goes thru a grommet. Grommet also had cable slid thru it appears before one end was attached. So I carefully slit with a razor and plan to glue seam back.

Any advice on using existing holders, replacements that I can crimp on, wrap, etc.

43FFE9F4-C18C-4ADB-B33A-A9BCFA4DEF49.jpeg

5165D8FE-8BFC-4D71-AFFD-C0670EFA4163.jpeg

18A7E230-28F9-4B01-990B-E266E134AC7A.jpeg

A61CD1A4-B2EA-43D9-8070-A984ADBCDC41.jpeg

C2890234-A427-4A2A-BD37-8554D4AAF18E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom