What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bathed the old girl....

20211019_170320.jpg

Yup, and having a 2nd 80 doesnt help.😂

My addiction to firearms and suppressors/silencers is another money pit.😔

I haven't bought a gun or NFA item since the pandemic started. It feels really weird. I should probably fix that.

Also, WTH .. Another 80 owner in the Puget Sound that shoots and we haven't met up yet. :D

After you get thru the initial big spend items.....lockers, sliders, armor plating, front and back bumpers, lift, mud tires, winch and lights the rate of spend goes down some. Setting expectations helps but outfitting an 80 series is an expensive endeavor.

I don't seem to be having a problem finding more expensive things to do to the truck. I think I'm about "2x new Jeeps" in so far. :steer:

I haven't bought a gun or NFA item since the pandemic started. It feels really weird. I should probably fix that.

Also, WTH .. Another 80 owner in the Puget Sound that shoots and we haven't met up yet. :D

I don't seem to be having a problem finding more expensive things to do to the truck. I think I'm about "2x new Jeeps" in so far. :steer:
I don’t even want to think about how much money I’ve spent on cans last month. Currently waiting for Cabelas to open so I can pick another rifle I ordered😃.

Definitely need to do a meet and shoot thing. 👍😎

Worked on my own 80, but ended up back at the shop doing a brake job. Lunch was good.

9E65F755-260F-4D52-A132-D2193B88742F.jpeg

80-series hub to 70/105-series five lug hub.
Any chance you know if the lug pattern and hub diameter match the tundra 5 lug pattern? Wish I would have known this before rebuilding the front and converting to the tundra rotors. They work fine drilled but would have liked not having to drill them to match the 6 lug pattern.

Received my collector plates for my 91 on Friday, no more registration fees for me!!!

I'm debating that for my 91. It's my dd though, so its a gamble.

I don't daily drive mine anymore and I really hate giving this state any more money than they already get from me....
The RCW does state "A collector vehicle registered under this section may only be used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and occasional pleasure driving." All the driving I do in my 80 is classified as pleasure driving so you could always go with that argument :p

I don't daily drive mine anymore and I really hate giving this state any more money than they already get from me....
The RCW does state "A collector vehicle registered under this section may only be used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and occasional pleasure driving." All the driving I do in my 80 is classified as pleasure driving so you could always go with that argument :p
I've read them. My 66 and 68 have collector plates.

My buddies fox does and he dailies it all summer.

Mines not titled in my name yet. So still time to decide.

Converted the Headlights on the 80 from 1 piece to the quad style. I've always loved the quad headlights. And sufficient lighting without blinding oncoming traffic were priorities, and I had not found a reputable brand that met these requirements.

But somehow Headlight revolution/the retrofit source (TRS) came up on my radar when looking at Dapper Lighting, (who makes some good lighting too). After watching their video on 4x6 LED retrofits, the Morimotos piqued my interest and I sealed the deal (pun intended) and went with the Morimoto Sealed4 LEDs.

View attachment 2854836

Buddy from 'Stralia sent me 2 complete headlight units he got from a junkyard.

View attachment 2854837

Found out that the 80 series headlight circuit has a weird switching in positive when going to high-beams. So ordered a harness from Ultraflex 4x4.

The clearance lights are skinnier than the standard clearance lights. They use a smaller bulb. (Need to figure that out later). So those are needed.

The light pattern from these (once adjusted are outstanding.

View attachment 2854823

View attachment 2854822
View attachment 2854820
View attachment 2854816
View attachment 2854818
Above image is semi adjusted - Low Beam. These lights have a nice cut off, like proper projector headlights.

View attachment 2854819
Above image is with high beams on.
Are you interested in parting with the unused pair of headlights?

Might have finally found a lead on an 80 series, waiting on some pics, but the text description sounds pretty good.
Met with the seller via facetime, things look ok on the video.

I am quite excited, would be picking up later in the month, just would need to be able to sleep between now and then! :D

Had an interesting morning. First ever sub freezing morning. We don't get many here. I may have a fuel gelling issue. At least I hope so.

Fired up fine. Let it idle a while before leaving. Out of the driveway and down the road it had zero power. And I mean zero. Hit a stop light and it dies. It fired right up, seemed it idle fine and ran better. Shortly after it was back to it's old tricks.

I'll throw some anti gel in the tank as its supposed to be cold for a few days and do some searches here to see what I can find before i worry to much.

Edit: found a thread on air in fuel lines due to bad clamps. The fuel lines at the filter definitely just slip on even with the OEM clamps in place. I'll swap those out when I get home.

Last edited:
Had an interesting morning. First ever sub freezing morning. We don't get many here. I may have a fuel gelling issue. At least I hope so.

Fired up fine. Let it idle a while before leaving. Out of the driveway and down the road it had zero power. And I mean zero. Hit a stop light and it dies. It fired right up, seemed it idle fine and ran better. Shortly after it was back to it's old tricks.

I'll throw some anti gel in the tank as its supposed to be cold for a few days and do some searches here to see what I can find before i worry to much.

Edit: found a thread on air in fuel lines due to bad clamps. The fuel lines at the filter definitely just slip on even with the OEM clamps in place. I'll swap those out when I get home.

Something weird always happens to my rig when the temps start dropping below 0 F every year.

But I have never had problems with gasoline turning to gel, even in temps below 0 F.

Are you driving a diesel 80? Diesel is a different beast. Diesel will usually gel up around 15 F and regular fuel won't start to have issues until somewhere around the -100 F mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom