What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am always amazed at how robust and well made the fuel pumps are in these things. I think I have seen like 3 threads in 8 years where someone actually had a fuel pump fail on an 80 series.

You will have to track your mpg's and let us know if you see a a change with the new pump.
Just got 9.3mpg on my first full tank post- fuel pump replacement. I guess corrected for tire size maybe that is 10mpg mostly city driving

Cowl wasn't bad - the basic 'pin oak' leaves jamming up the far corners. Washed and cleaned all over in there. Was thinking something like the breathable landscape fabric might be a good idea under the vents.. This is a good 1 banana quarterly maintenance.

My security caught some Ironman Ivan Stewart action early at 2:18AM - I was up netflixing something, but yeah - heard them bottom out.. and there was a nice chunk of rim/bead in my median.. :D

View attachment 2844123
Last one to the next bar buys the next round!

Cowl wasn't bad - the basic 'pin oak' leaves jamming up the far corners. Washed and cleaned all over in there. Was thinking something like the breathable landscape fabric might be a good idea under the vents.. This is a good 1 banana quarterly maintenance.

My security caught some Ironman Ivan Stewart action early at 2:18AM - I was up netflixing something, but yeah - heard them bottom out.. and there was a nice chunk of rim/bead in my median.. :D

View attachment 2844123

While it is amusing to see... and my inner 12 year old applauds them... It was rather reckless given that it was about 15 feet from a stout oak tree, 15 feet from the ass end of my CLS550 and jeopardized the precious 94... A bad swerve could have been pretty interesting.

drive1.png

Nevermind the neighbors cars that park in the street...

fd1.jpg

Previous owner had a ham radio antenna in back and he left the coax tied up under the bumper. I don’t currently have a need for a two way radio so I’ve resurrected it to serve as the UHF antenna for my new Kenwood head unit.

Added the hardware on the 4x4Labs bumper mounting point along with an adapter to connect to the antenna connection on the head unit.

F18AE689-DD98-46E8-9C06-08E60AC2592D.jpeg

46C21D94-C93C-48E1-9F71-A641637FD5E2.jpeg

Took myself and a friend to the lake.
20211121_125155.jpg

20211121_142423.jpg

20211121_121425.jpg

20211121_123949.jpg

20211121_093328.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got around to installing my We Boost antenna. The cable going into the taillight isn't as clean as I would like but it will work. The cable is fed through the back of the taillight and into the 1/4 panel. Now I am just waiting on my QPM from @NLXTACY

View attachment 2843879

View attachment 2843880
Do you figure you'll lose much benefit from not having the antenna above the roof line? I seriously thought about adding a WeBoost too, but I'd be in the same boat as you with fitment below the roof.

Drove the truck to Portland to see Scheel-Mann and pick up some fabric for my door cards and rear seats. First drive of any real distance, so I figured I'd snag the stats:

LT1/ 8l90e/ 4:56s/ 37" MTRs -

13.2 MPG overall (almost all highway)
Cruises at 75MPH in 8th at 1,900 RPM
Coolant temp hovered between 192 and 196
Oil temp fluctuated between 210 and 225
Trans temp was 150 on the highway, 180 in crawling traffic
Max fuel flow: 37.5 GPH :flipoff2:

IMG_20211121_170847.jpg

And yeah, the Bose Bluetooth speaker on the console is a substitute until i can actually source a head unit for install.

Seriously?
Have you jumped this or taken some big hits with them?
If those dog ball toy KONGs can take the abuse then I would be up for a set of your front 3D printed ASAP.
So far I have slammed them pretty hard, want to do some testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom