What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Then checked up on the paint progress on my cruiser.

1DEEF5AD-F162-4964-8964-2721506E26B9.jpeg

0B7D1D47-6C40-4B37-8117-A22A510F6B06.jpeg

1626CF3D-DF36-4D64-B19A-003C2EECDE65.jpeg

And then went to the beach

3B82B585-4671-4200-BC06-0DBADCCE0E39.jpeg

This just came in for lockers, gears, knuckles and sliders.

3C584F8F-3FB3-4453-8427-5A43CA988BF9.jpeg

Not everyone’s style, not sure I would paint mine this way but I like it. It’s painted not wrapped and looks super sharp.

Cheers

I didn't get that concerned about it to document the design. Just kinda winged it as I went with some scrap steel I had on hand. Yes I welded it myself. Your measurements my vary since I have different seats but the "foot" length is roughly 4.5" to go horizontally toward the console to give a "base" for the leg to weld to. Leg angle I used was 30*. I have the arm rest height about 2.5" taller than the console since that's what *felt* best to me. There's no adjustment in this so the height will probably be different for different people. The pad is some high density foam and marine vinyl over a 3x12x3/8" piece of plywood and bolted to the top plate.
Perfect! That is all I need. Much appreciated!

Rebuilt the leaky PS pump this evening. Getting it back on was a bit trickier than I expected. Clearly I didn’t burp the system right. It’s been morning at me like crazy. Sorry I didn’t take pics. My shop is a war zone right now.

There is a great write up for the rebuild in the FAQ. For me I had to remove the lower stud to get it on then put the stud back in. I’m sure there are easier ways but that is what worked for me.

Hopefully I’ll get rid of that morning sound. Next up is rear main seal. Then my Rose won’t have any drips left.

Met some buddies up in the Idaho panhandle for some social distance camping and fishing. It rained on us one whole day, which knocked down all the wildfire smoke and turned the cutthroat to full on fall spawn / pack on the pounds mode. Also, I got a cool new earring and once my buddy pushed it through my ear, crimped the barb and backed it out, I managed to catch another fish with the same fly. Retired that fly on the spot for a place of honor in my Cruiser's headliner collection.
IMG_5285.jpg
5999.png

IMG_5427.jpg

Last edited:
Met some buddies up in the Idaho panhandle for some social distance camping and fishing. It rained on us one whole day, which knocked down all the wildfire smoke and turned the cutthroat to full on fall spawn / pack on the pounds mode. Also, I got a cool new earring and once my buddy pushed it through my ear, crimped the barb and backed it out, I managed to catch another fish with the same fly. Retired that fly on the spot for a place of honor in my Cruiser's headliner fly collection.
View attachment 2442786View attachment 2442791

View attachment 2442790

View attachment 2442789
I'd leave it. All the meaningless piercings people get these days, at least yours is classy and speaks to your values.

This just came in for lockers, gears, knuckles and sliders.

View attachment 2442538

Not everyone’s style, not sure I would paint mine this way but I like it. It’s painted not wrapped and looks super sharp.

Cheers

I like it! I was considering this concept for "the squatch-mobile" my daughter drives, but we went with a less *ahem*, classic, look.

Met some buddies up in the Idaho panhandle for some social distance camping and fishing. It rained on us one whole day, which knocked down all the wildfire smoke and turned the cutthroat to full on fall spawn / pack on the pounds mode. Also, I got a cool new earring and once my buddy pushed it through my ear, crimped the barb and backed it out, I managed to catch another fish with the same fly. Retired that fly on the spot for a place of honor in my Cruiser's headliner fly collection.
View attachment 2442786View attachment 2442791

View attachment 2442790

View attachment 2442789
Better the ear than the eye!

Last bits of baselining. Ordered wits end PHH and will probably do the short sections by heater valve too, since all other hoses are pretty new. Now have front shaft removed for a vibe confirmation while rear diff finishes draining - patience and daily soaks broke fill plug free without rounding 👍 new ones going in

Front joint (almost no angle) is good, rear joint (a few degrees) isn’t terrible but not as consistent.

Edit: vibes confirmed, though maybe still just a tad from the rear. I’d call it an 80/20 split at the absolute most. Hard to say if a DC shaft will cure this, based on other things I’ve been reading. Haven’t yet taken the right time to get accurate angle readings.

42F20A1E-5243-483D-A605-03548FFAA0F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha, I feel ya. I’m aware & have that thought every time I feel like I’m about done. But really, I “think” these are the last “necessities,” but necessity isn’t necessarily part of our vocabulary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom