What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

111 Degrees outside, any plans with my 80 this weekend are CANCELLED.

Also, does ANYBODY know how to get their hands on OEM Clear front markers. I tried the Depos and just wasnt a fan of the crystal housing.

Last edited:
Pulled out evap core in hopes of finding the reason why it won’t hold gas. No dye anywhere, loads of other s*** in there but no dye🙁.

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno
Bought it!!
What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno
Bought it!

400+ miles, some off road trails, camping, shooting, boating - what else could a guy ask for?

20200904_155832.jpg
20200906_110056.jpg

20200904_085721.jpg

400+ miles, some off road trails, camping, shooting, boating - what else could a guy ask for?

A guy could also ask for: a dog, good bourbon, good coffee, and a good woman....

reinstalled the aftermarket amp and reconnected wires to speakers that had lost connections, I have tunes again

Painted my front bumper, and sliders, to match the new rear bumper.

View attachment 2420076

Installed my rebuilt seat belt, from Safety Restore.

View attachment 2420080

And removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats, to load the back with gear for a trip on Dusy Ershim trail, next weekend.
So, I intentionally put fresh paint on the armor, so i could see what made contact on my trip to Dusy Ershim. As it turns out, EVERYTHING made contact! What a trip!

20200904_144422.jpg

20200904_144440.jpg

There will be a trip report with plenty of pictures.

Found my coolant seemed a bit low in the overflow bottle - did a little searching and found this. Sorry the photo is turned sideways for some reason but the coolant leak is easily seen.

PHH.jpg

Here's the inside of the hose.

PHH 2.jpg

This hose was supposedly new from a few years ago when I had the HG replaced and asked that the dealership replace the PHH. They may actually have done it lookin at the clamps that are in the photo above as the original would have had the twisty cotter pin type clamps if I remember correctly. I replaced with a segment of gates green stripe and gave it a coolant flush. No more leaks so far so I am pretty sure I found the culprit.

So, I intentionally put fresh paint on the armor, so i could see what made contact on my trip to Dusy Ershim. As it turns out, EVERYTHING made contact! What a trip!

View attachment 2428333

View attachment 2428336

There will be a trip report with plenty of pictures.
You, your son and your rig are beasts and I'd wheel with you anytime and anywhere, just give 20 minutes notice to pack some snacks and I'm there!

You, your son and your rig are beasts and I'd wheel with you anytime and anywhere, just give 20 minutes notice to pack some snacks and I'm there!
You as well. One of the best trips I've been on. Great time, with awesome people.

Thanks for keeping a cool head through all the trials.

Installed the @sleeoffroad Lighting Harness Upgrade. So straightforward and easy!
Next on the docket will be the auxiliary lighting harness but first I have to figure out what lights to get! Slowly but surely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom