What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (99 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

added hybrid powa 🙃
actually already had it on there for awhile
don't recall if already posted story but smog guy went back and forth couple times (i figured he knew what he was doin') before finally asking how it's a hybrid?
said something 'bout not being able to find "the box"

IMG_1697.JPG

added hybrid powa 🙃
don't recall if already posted story but smog guy went back and forth couple times (i figured he knew what he was doin') before finally asking how it's a hybrid?

View attachment 2219284
Did you get the HOV lane stickers?

Installed the ARB license plate flip kit. Not really needed on the 80 since the plate was designed to mount above the fairlead, but it does make it easier to spool in the rope/cable since you can now easily see the drum with the plate up

8B06BD25-2BE2-4C3F-A1BD-F60A8C13622F.jpeg
FBB0B796-C944-43FE-A4C7-3A575374BEB8.jpeg

added hybrid powa 🙃

View attachment 2219284

I sooo need one of those badges!!!

Finally finished my bushing project, like 4 years in the making. And installed the wits' end/landtank rear swaybar links that have been floating around my garage for a year or so.

Anyone on the fence about suspension bushing replacement, definitely do it! Lots of body roll is gone, slop in steering and at turn-in is reduced, truck rides smoother and quieter over pavement cracks and bumps, I even noticed some slop in accelerating and braking is gone that I didn't even realize I had. This was just from doing all the rear bushings (did the fronts last summer).

Wits' End press tool made the rears go much faster and easier. I tried to cheap out because the press tools are spendy, but ended up destroying bushings an even FUBAR'd my panhard bar. Wit's End tool makes it pretty hard to screw up.

bushings on the floor.jpg

tightened the alt/ water pump belts. An observation regarding the photoman 150 amp alt bracket. It kicks a$$. I’ve had it charging my dual batt system for about 6 months and love it.

for you 95-97 guys, the following probably doesn’t apply

prior to purchasing photoman’s bracket, my buddy, who has a 97 lx, asked why I wasn’t adjusting my 94’s alternator through the wheel well. We tried it, but the steering box and related hoses were in the way. With photoman’s bracket, I have a clear shot through though the apron now. Less than 5 minute job and I can actually use a ratchet! No more fighting steering hoses using a box end. It’s the little things!

New owner of fellow MUD member's (@BRob2756) truck. Just drove her back from Georgia to Maryland and she did great! So, did my first mod today! Small...but still....excited about it. Need to still post something in the registry on "Georgia". Looking forward becoming more involved on MUD!

IMG_20200223_112038212.jpg

IMG_20200223_112921475.jpg

IMG_20200223_112044597.jpg

1256D2CA-B996-444A-AF53-CE18FEB1D07F.jpeg
DCED3023-D878-4431-A7A7-6ABA481E3E92.jpeg

I finally got around to removing my drag link to grease up my tie rod end threads so I could adjust my steering wheel straight again. Feels weird driving with a straight wheel now haha

Thank you, sir. The paint sucks but I am more concerned about function then looks.
Hey, functioning comes first but might as well look good doing it! Didn’t notice the paint. Your rig makes me regret taking off my fender flares and welding up the holes.

Replaced the worn out leather on the shifter using quality leather prepared by the backside of a 24 year old female which was previously a black leather skirt. I don't love my stitching work but it does feel nice in my hand.

20200223_194901.jpg

Hey, functioning comes first but might as well look good doing it! Didn’t notice the paint. Your rig makes me regret taking off my fender flares and welding up the holes.

Lately, I have been thinking of taking mine off and welding up the holes too.

added hybrid powa 🙃

View attachment 2219284
I just tell whoever asks that it burns gas and oil.

Decided to tackle the slight oil leak that is coming from the rear arch on the upper oil pan. At the same time "while I'm in there" I planned on swapping in new motor mounts.

The motor mounts were a pain in the ass. I guess this would be so much easier with a hoist but jacking up the engine on a piece of 2x4 is not good for my sanity. It didn't help that the mounts were stuck fast so as I jacked the engine the whole body came with it.

20200223_133851.jpg

Got there in the end and then moved onto the oil pans. Other than freeing the upper pan from the old gasket it was pretty straightforward but there are so many steps to perform.

20200223_105028.jpg

I sure hope this fixes the leak because there is no motivation to do this again anytime soon.

And just for the hell of it I fitted a new rear drive shaft. My old one had a lot of slop in the slip yoke.

20200223_190931.jpg

Step 6 well and truly earned this weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom