What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fitment was great actually, kinda tricky getting it to route over the frame but a little wiggling it worked out. Getting new exhaust hanger bushings from Wits End (LINK) was key as well. Sound is great, not drone-y, not too throat-y either, just a little more bark at the high end and tone down the highway there than before. It's actually quieter than my bent/dented/leaky OEM exhaust was the last few months.
Cool! I might be needing one soon. Had to do some welding on my original unit to seal up some leaks and replaced O2 sensors but this looks nice for when the time comes. If you don't mind what was the $$ and where did you purchase from?
Thanks!

Cool! I might be needing one soon. Had to do some welding on my original unit to seal up some leaks and replaced O2 sensors but this looks nice for when the time comes. If you don't mind what was the $$ and where did you purchase from?
Thanks!
I didnt know Borla had a bolt on 80 series exhaust. Got a link? About to probably need to replace mine as well unfortunately.

Yeah, it's the Borla #14590 kit. It's a Cat-Back setup I paired with the Magnaflow Y-pipe #23120 and free-flow cat #23622, search online for them because prices fluctuate a bit, but usually best price was between Amazon and Summit, I went with Amazon just because I'm a Prime member and if it didn't work out returns would be free. All together it's not cheap, but it worked out well, fit up nicely, and doesn't throw codes. Plus when I warm it up in my garage, ALL the exhaust gas now actually goes out the back and out the door! (Links inserted in text)

Yeah, it's the Borla #14590 kit. It's a Cat-Back setup I paired with the Magnaflow Y-pipe #23120 and free-flow cat #23622, search online for them because prices fluctuate a bit, but usually best price was between Amazon and Summit, I went with Amazon just because I'm a Prime member and if it didn't work out returns would be free. All together it's not cheap, but it worked out well, fit up nicely, and doesn't throw codes. Plus when I warm it up in my garage, ALL the exhaust gas now actually goes out the back and out the door! (Links inserted in text)
Interesting, Amazon doesn't understand that the LX450 is the same car. Says it doesn't fit but I can't think of what's different.
1565646665836.png

It's even got a crunch-preventive tip protector ring :hillbilly: I want quiet--stock or quieter, but I'm also intrigued by a bolt-on stainless system for $640. As a grouchy old man, how annoyed would I be with this exhaust?

Finally replaced the dying Bosch starter with a reman Denso unit. No more worries with the starter when remote and winter trips! I also have a brake booster sitting in the garage so I thought this is great time to install it and gain more room to the starter. I probably tweaked my back going under for the bolts under the pedal. Still I am glad i finally got it done after all my procrastination.

20190810_135737.jpg

Which telescope is that? I use the Orion SkyQuest 800mm but there's too much light pollution in most of Florida.

Shows how much I know about telescopes--it's actually 650mm (or 130 if you're measuring the mirror). Very new to this stuff :eek: It's the skywatcher heritage 130. I basically googled best cheap telescope and the AWB One Sky came up, but you have to order it and wait for it to be built. Then I read that the skywatcher heritage is basically the same scope, just a little more expensive, but it's sold at B&H so I could get it shipped in time for the camp trip. It packs down pretty well and the wife and I bounced around on some 4x4 trails with it packed up in the back and I don't think anything budged.

Completed the useless cubby block. 2 mag mounts for phone/nav and comms. Ended up with 2 different mags that are not identical, so that is kind of annoying but the stain matched the factory ersatz wood perfectly.
2AA4699F-7CC2-47F9-8986-061234EDFD6C.jpeg
24E135F3-C162-497B-A3AE-F421919626AF.jpeg

Added a couple USB charging ports. Brown matches better in person than in the photo. Probably will have these up on the site in black and brown.

usb-1.jpg
usb-2.jpg
usb-3.jpg

I like the execution, I dont think the location of those usb ports lends itself to a long life.

Yeah, I’m kind of thinking the same. I may do the black one next to the rear heater switch instead, but I’m going to live with it like this for a trip or two then decide.

I like the execution, I dont think the location of those usb ports lends itself to a long life.

I have Blue Sea dual USB in the exact location for several years and personally find the location nice without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom