What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy smokes! That is way above my pay grade.

From what I have learned in the movies, the Russians are the people you want assigned to beating the wires back into submission though. ;)
🤣🤣🤣

Cut it up... LITERALLY

IMG_20190503_214630391.jpg
IMG_20190510_085401338.jpg
IMG_20190510_110444072_HDR.jpg

Several guys said they would come get it, never did and I'm tired of it being in the way.. The bums get the spoils for booze and ???

J

If they are still there I would love to buy those mirrors. Pm me if you want to make a deal....

Did this today. O2 sensor fun!!!
Of the 4 nuts.
1 came off with the 12mm socket.
2 came off with vise grips
1 came off with vise grips, a rotary tool and some choice words.

Note I’ve been spraying liquid wrench on them for about two weeks prior to today.

Pro tip.
For the rear cut back part of the heat shield that’s hiding the sensor and bend it outta the way to get in there. Bent back just fine. Just not going to win a concours du elegance anymore. Oh well.

For the front. Remove the mud flap. Much better access.

All in. Only and hour or so, not bad all things considered.

Bought new nuts and gaskets from the dealer. However. Dealer gaskets we exact same as gaskets that came with the denso Sensors.

D06AAE04-CE73-4C99-B77C-F80F47863443.jpeg
93CFBBED-00E7-4449-AF81-02899ECD399B.jpeg

Did this today. O2 sensor fun!!!
Of the 4 nuts.
1 came off with the 12mm socket.
2 came off with vise grips
1 came off with vise grips, a rotary tool and some choice words.

Note I’ve been spraying liquid wrench on them for about two weeks prior to today.

Pro tip.
For the rear cut back part of the heat shield that’s hiding the sensor and bend it outta the way to get in there. Bent back just fine. Just not going to win a concours du elegance anymore. Oh well.

For the front. Remove the mud flap. Much better access.

All in. Only and hour or so, not bad all things considered.

Bought new nuts and gaskets from the dealer. However. Dealer gaskets we exact same as gaskets that came with the denso Sensors.

View attachment 1975057View attachment 1975058

I bought these copper nuts, best thing ever for O2 sensors....they stay on tight but no fuss to remover because of copper.

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

How will the dissimilar metals work out? The nuts will be green within a fortnight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom