What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the a/c compressor from a 2002 Kia Sportage does in fact fit hdj81, just need to swap the top panel and pulley (and bearing in my case). I only paid $60 new for this compressor from Amazon! Brand twc

IMG_20180602_172707.jpg

I got my Cruiser back from being repaired today, ran great up until the PHH blew out 1500ft from my driveway. Painted the road with coolant... Guess I'm doing a PHH tomorrow :/

i removed my factory spare tire mount to make way for my secondary fuel tank today! one step closer. Also debated buying a rear wing / windshield guard but didnt bite the bullet.

It's alive! This has to be the hardest project to-date

02Zlmv4h.jpg

7SKOMkjh.jpg

K941lGLh.jpg

That is sooooo sick! Only way to make it any more ridiculously sick is to get cantilever rear suspension.....idea for next project...wink wink! You literally are running out of things to upgrade.

Just in case NF gets any funny ideas. I got your back @jcardona1

E8036A1B-B8C8-442D-BAB8-8FDC53A5A746.jpeg

Just picked up my next build...... sold the 200 last week and wife has always wanted to have her own 80.....

found this in Baton Rouge - mall crawler with Lockers and new front seats ! ran 80 for 4 hours home flawlessly. Now to baseline and .....
IMG_8197.jpg
IMG_8200.jpg

Very stoked to be starting a "mild" build on her next week.....

so good to be back in an 80 ! I loved the 100 and the 200 was a true beast but there's something about the feel of the 80...

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

Put on all new fresh door seals and also upgraded to an FZJ front swaybar that's 29mm od vs 24mm. Also got my fresh body mounts, motor mounts, hand throttle, and window felt runs
IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

Had to build some fresh sway bar drops that slight off set towards the back since the bar is thicker.
IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

As soon as my brother parks his cruiser for the day I am going to swap my gas pedal for his since he has the hand throttle mount and I don't. He won't ever realize that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom