What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (81 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed one of YodaTeq's food warmers :)

11796310534989969024.jpg

45121331371775176195.jpg

31738044136187245963.jpg

81310957565029810388.jpg

Been putting off hooking up my catch can cause I wasn't sure if I needed to relocate it, but fit perfectly :cool:

Now I just gotta order up new silicone tubing for it.

Man, I love your valve cover!

"Roadtrip swill."

I'm keeping it there.

:lol:

Got my wit's end lock box installed. Love this thing!

Removed driver's seat and replaced switch because the infamous recline button has been missing for years.

Cleaned engine bay and will be installing the YodaTeq underhood lighting tonight/tomorrow.

Repaired a dual washer bottle (bought on ebay...received with a hole in it), to be installed to prepare for the EVENTUAL supercharger install (supercharger currently sitting under the work table).

Colorado road trip for the '80.

Pit stop in Borrego.

IMG_6631-L.jpg

The open road. Need a trail!

IMG_6633-L.jpg

Driving out on a southerly route, San Diego -> Cortez today, up towards CO springs tommorow. Thinking about dropping in on Slee along the way. Any suggestions for trails south of colorado springs, denver, and a return trip more northerly through utah. not sure what's open or where to go, letting the wind blow my sails after meeting up with family.

Yeh, but surely even the most hardened mechanic can be allowed to get fed up with IIRC now 5 punctures in 20 weeks?

Just checked the first puncture was third week in November, 5th 20th week later.

regards

Dave

Toyos....they have the thickest sidewalls. I have never punctured one after puncturing nearly everything else. Off-roading in some parts of Texas forces you to re-evaluate the value of thick sidewalls.

Pulled a friend out last night. Earier in the before we got out there.
View attachment 1231264 View attachment 1231265 View attachment 1231266

I have buried my rig MANY times just like this in the middle of no where. Always one side buried to the axles. It has taken me hours to dig myself out. This was the driver to build my rig up. I added a 12K winch, 4 inch slee lift and 35 inch mud tires as well as lockers and re-gearing to avoid it. It can still happen but I am better equiped to avoid it in the first place and have better equipment to get me out if it does occur!

Newly released one from harbor freight, was $70, and then a 20% coupon so 56, about 60 out the door. Three way adjustable. Work's good, can't expect machine shop quality tools from HF, but it does the job just fine. Accepts 6" material, and its also adjustable in both directions. I'd advise opening a box in the store, as there were two, the ine I grabbed was taped up. I opened it I'm tyhe parking lot as that's where I saw the tape, sure enough, missing a knob. Opened the other one in the store, and all was well.

Toyos....they have the thickest sidewalls. I have never punctured one after puncturing nearly everything else. Off-roading in some parts of Texas forces you to re-evaluate the value of thick sidewalls.

Fair comment but, the sidewalls might as well be made of concrete, all my punctures have been in the tread area, a couple actually through a tread block.

I off road very carefully and have never damaged a sidewall, so have no experience of which tyre is better than the other in this area of the tyre, I do know BFG's rocked on my previous ride.

regards

Dave

Went skiing at a different hill for a couple of days. Hit the hot springs on the drive home.

Had a bad squeak on the way home. Thinking it's the front drive shaft because I only hear it when pressing on the gas. Maybe just rock in the brakes.

View attachment 1226947

Different ski hill looks like Whitewall at Kicking Horse? I was there 3 weeks ago. Looks like the snow is holding on up top!

Nice drill press. Also notice your work bench, it's cool. Is it an old chunk of bowling alley?
Why yes it is! Hard Rock Maple I was told. There was a segment on a local alley redoing their floors, and sections of Lane were a (you pull it) for $10/ea, and a little over 10' long! Needless to say, I wrenched my back and got two lane pieces and a pin deck which is pine. Made a frame of 4x4, lagged it to the wall and I have me a bench! Good eye @dogfishlake

Happy Easter

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom