What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (147 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I DD a diesel. 1.99 cash, 2.05 credit. Not bad. But, the other cars are all gassers. Driving 400+ mile for only $30 bucks or so is not bad. There is a whole new topic about my diesel, which will threaten NLXTACY page count if you get me started on it.

Yes, gasoline is cheap now compared to a year ago, but considering what the rest of the country pays for gas it is absolutely ridiculous.
This state is really getting on my nerves every day. Been talking to my wife for years about getting out of here.
It seems all the Republican/Conservatives are moving out & the Libtards are staying, reproducing or moving there. It's only going to get worse every year.

What motor is that? It looks extremely basic & would be a breeze to work on.
That is the famous 3fe that LS1FJ40 is always raving about.

That's not the worst part is.

Many Californians are moving to different states, but don't leave their ideology behind and infect the people from the states they move to therefore spreading the disease.
Yep. That's what is ruining Colorado!

It's really stupid out here.

There is no logical reason why the gasoline should be this high. There is always a reason why the price of gasoline is high in CA. Refineries go through maintenance, supply and demand, Winter gasoline, Summer gasoline, pay for road repairs, pay because you're stupid enough to still live in this state.

We have so many oil rigs and so many refineries it's unbelievable. In the middle of the city, at the beach, out in the ocean, behind a liquor store, behind a house, etc.

Damn, am I mad tonight...

Found out today Colt can't sell their 1911's here anymore. Arghhh

I wish gas was higher. I know that sounds weird, but I really wish it was back at $4.50 a gallon. Traffic was wayyyyy better!

I wish gas was higher. I know that sounds weird, but I really wish it was back at $4.50 a gallon. Traffic was wayyyyy better!
I hope your wish doesn't come true!:flipoff2:

That's not the worst part is.

Many Californians are moving to different states, but don't leave their ideology behind and infect the people from the states they move to therefore spreading the disease.

I would make Arizona my last choice moving from CA

image.jpeg I finally started fabricating the rear bumper, still have a very long way to go but it'll be a fun project.

Saturday buttoned up the final Diesel Conversion wiring behind the dash and a few more items in the engine compartment. Tested with the battery hooked up, even though there is no motor or trans in the bay. :cool:
  • Sedimenter circuit and light, check
  • Turbo light and coolingmist adjustable switch, check
  • Tachometer wire ready for IP
  • Glow switch wired for glow relay, check
  • NSS converted to a clutch safety switch/relay, check
  • Starter circuit sorted out and tested, check
  • Modified Landtank Carbon Canister Bracket to hold glow and starter relays, check
  • Added a new ACC triggered BlueSea fuse panel in the engine bay with custom bracket built, check
  • Figured out which wires to use to power the IP fuel cut-off and fuel heater, check (from the igniter circuit)
  • Mounted OEM fuel filter bracket, check
  • Mounted OEM vacuum pump and hard lines, check
  • Removed old fuel lines in preparation for custom 12mm feed line, check
  • Bent old fuel return line to work with IP, check
Tomorrow drill a bunch of holes and mount up the Safari Intercooler.

I would make Arizona my last choice moving from CA
Real sly there Phil pulling out that reverse psychology. That's it, I'm moving to Arizona.

As for gas prices... the taxes out here are over a $1.00 per gallon.

Swapped out my MAF brackets for some Metal Tech caster correction brackets. Aside from shattering a cut off wheel and almost getting my face chopped in half, it went pretty smooth. Glad I always wear eye protection. Cleaned up as much mud as I could too and painted everything as the brackets were about as shiny as chrome!

MAF brackets for sale and posted in classified section if interested.

Uncovered the green machine for the first time since the roll back in mid December. We finally got a break in the rain so I could begin cleaning out broken glass and mud. Pretty much everything will be swapped over to the white 93 I bought to replace it. This project will begin once I finish a much needed reorganization of my garage.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This weekend I'm jealous of the cheap prices back home.. I'm in Thailand without my Land Cruiser
I pay about $5 a gallon for diesel here in Tanzania. Petrol (gas) is higher still.

A few items off the list. Installed newly balanced rear DS. Diff breathers run to engine bay, swapped gear oil in diffs and tcase, and front wheel bearings/preload checked. Also, downloaded an excel maintenance schedule from mud and went through PO records and mine. Found out he did BEB and timing belt right after importing the rig at 95K, yes!

Uncovered the green machine for the first time since the roll back in mid December. We finally got a break in the rain so I could begin cleaning out broken glass and mud. Pretty much everything will be swapped over to the white 93 I bought to replace it. This project will begin once I finish a much needed reorganization of my garage. View attachment 1204952 View attachment 1204953 View attachment 1204954
Are you going to paint your rear bumper this time around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom