What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (98 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruised some new trails...
uploadfromtaptalk1451183950044.jpg

Ordered my VC120 charcoal can from the VatoZone. Have a bunch of parts and PM to complete under the bonnet of the old girl when I get my garage cleaned of all the boxes and mess from Christmas projects.

@jeffro109 In fact if I was having the same issues I'd likely go this route: DUAL REMOTE FUEL FILTER SETUP

I don't worry about things like that. If I ever have fuel issues I just pour beer in the gas tank...

I've run my 3FE on some seriously suspect fuel in Central America. Fuel that I purchased out of a 55 gallon barrel with a tarp over it. Didn't skip a beat.

(Cue the "The 3FE is so slow it doesn't skip, it shuffles!" jokes)

Sent from my iPhone

future tense does me no good in the present...just sayin';)
I always say this to people having your kind of fuel issues, please change or clean out your fuel filters (including the fuel sock in your gas tank). It only takes one tank full of dirty gas to create an issue. I never fill up when I see a tanker at the station because they are just stirring up debris in the stations fuel tanks and people are pumping that crap in their cars. Give the gas some time to settle before purchasing.

Done: New power steering lines

To-Do (by Tuesday):
Replace an ARB air line, fix reverse lights, rainproof everything, seal the firewall up, solder the fuel pump connections on, connect my second fuel tank up, flush/refill coolant, reinstall my CB setup, install a 110v inverter.. and pack for a three day trip to Cali.

Roadkill!

Pulled the front off the truck to clean mud out of the radiator. It was pretty packed, as was the AC condenser and the trans cooler. Judging by the fragile nature of the fins, I suspect this is the original rad. No pressure washer was used, just the garden hose. Shockingly there is no coolant leak. Regardless, I'll be ordering a new rad tonight!

Your Jeep misses you!!

7_zpsqk1jcxfb.jpg

Did a cooling system pm/tune up on the white Cruiser. New radiator, new rad hoses, phh, water pump, t-stat, new heater hoses, pcv and hose, breather hose, cap, rotor, plugs, wire set, vc gasket and plug seals, oil/filter, trans fluid, air filter. More to come this weekend while my daughter is home for break.

Here's a picture of the stuff removed
20151226_113841.jpg
(I didn't remove my dog, he just photo bombed )

Took the 80 for a little Christmas Day bass fishing. Got my son a fancy new grown up Dobyn's rod and Daiwa Lexa 300 reel so we had to test it out. It was 30 degrees out. Didn't stop us from catching some small bass.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451244679.991395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451244857.236118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I decided i didn't want to futz around with a relay and just spent $71 on a new, aftermarket ignition switch (Mr. T wants $100).

Naturally, i haven't had trouble starting since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom