What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took 'er on first drive of 2024. Up to small Quebec town where the bakeries and pizza shops were open. After rebuilding the entire rear axle and replacing brake booster and master this winter, was keen to test out. Drove sooo good. New booster is a huge difference. Old one required a fair bit of pedal pressure when stopping, new one requires just a gentle touch.

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

Took 'er on first drive of 2024. Up to small Quebec town where the bakeries and pizza shops were open. After rebuilding the entire rear axle and replacing brake booster and master this winter, was keen to test out. Drove sooo good. New booster is a huge difference. Old one required a fair bit of pedal pressure when stopping, new one requires just a gentle touch.

View attachment 3594062

View attachment 3594063
This is why I’m repainting my truck. This color is incredible

@Dekeman @BurntToast 861 is the best color and I won’t be convinced otherwise.

It still looks good with patina too…
5A53A048-7796-402F-8D5A-1A64505C7F62.jpeg

Grinding noise from the left rear brake, running 80 series FF discs and suspecting a bad caliper. Tore into it today and found a seized caliper, one wiped out brake pad, a scored rotor, plus cracked parking brake shoes. I'll soon rework both rear brakes with new rotor, pads, calipers, and brake shoes.

IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg

View attachment 3594062

View attachment 3594063
damn @Dekeman , that is one fine specimen of a 60. n yup, blue is fastest

Like others on this forum have suggested, bought and installed the new Toyota H4 headlight kit purchased from Cruiser Outfitters. Took me a bit past an hour for the install, but I took my time. It truly is plug and play. Expect to do a bit of wiring management when you are done. I love the clean look and really bright. Great
Headlights.jpg

Since I just redid my front brakes figured it was time to redo the back brakes and address my almost nonexistent parking brake. Got it all back together, worst part of the job was getting parking brake bell cranks unfrozen. But all is good now. Was just going to clean and do pads but once in there decided to pull the trigger and replaced shoes, drums and cylinders. Hopefully don’t have to touch for a long time.
IMG_3926.jpeg
IMG_3927.jpeg
FYI for the one man brake job this vacuum brake bleeder worked great.👍

IMG_3931.jpeg

Since I just redid my front brakes figured it was time to redo the back brakes and address my almost nonexistent parking brake. Got it all back together, worst part of the job was getting parking brake bell cranks unfrozen. But all is good now. Was just going to clean and do pads but once in there decided to pull the trigger and replaced shoes, drums and cylinders. Hopefully don’t have to touch for a long time.
View attachment 3599422View attachment 3599423FYI for the one man brake job this vacuum brake bleeder worked great.👍

View attachment 3599425
That little vac pump has completely changed my brake bleeding. So much faster and way better brake feel.

That little vac pump has completely changed my brake bleeding. So much faster and way better brake feel.
Yes it does.
IMG_3930.jpeg
I also used this, because I wanted to get all the old fluid out and didn’t want to worry about the master getting to low. Actually makes bleeding brakes not difficult when alone.

Visited the old girl at the doctor's, where she's undergoing a heart transplant. Major props to all of you DIYers who pull this off. I have neither the confidence nor time, so I went the professional route.

Either way, just seeing her got my heart racing. GM Crate 6.2L. She's actually going to have a functional AC and Cruise Control! Also dual batteries, complete rewire and several other improvements.

1000009601.jpg

Twin stick T case courtesy of Valley Hybrids.

1000009604.jpg

Pulled the Trail Tailor tank to get blasted and painted. Pump is also being replaced, along with all fuel lines.

1000009603.jpg

Visited the old girl at the doctor's, where she's undergoing a heart transplant. Major props to all of you DIYers who pull this off. I have neither the confidence nor time, so I went the professional route.

Either way, just seeing her got my heart racing. GM Crate 6.2L. She's actually going to have a functional AC and Cruise Control! Also dual batteries, complete rewire and several other improvements.

View attachment 3599585
Twin stick T case courtesy of Valley Hybrids.

View attachment 3599587

Pulled the Trail Tailor tank to get blasted and painted. Pump is also being replaced, along with all fuel lines.

View attachment 3599589

its not as bad once you get in there and are actually doing it, when you are trying to plan it out it gets pretty daunting haha

its not as bad once you get in there and are actually doing it, when you are trying to plan it out it gets pretty daunting haha
She's already had not one but two different Chevy motors....this will be her fourth engine. The wiring was.....well.... Not exactly stock? Based on what the shop has already corrected, I'm glad I didn't do it. They've caught a lot of pretty sketchy details that I wouldn't have noticed.

lol. i’ve don’t three engine swaps so far in my life and all of them have taken way more time money and skill than i went it with!! 🤣

that’s why im having a shop pull my 1hdt rebuild it and put it back. i dont have time at this stage of life unfortunately. and thats not even swapping/changing anything !!

She's already had not one but two different Chevy motors....this will be her fourth engine. The wiring was.....well.... Not exactly stock? Based on what the shop has already corrected, I'm glad I didn't do it. They've caught a lot of pretty sketchy details that I wouldn't have noticed.

Haha it’s always the wiring. 😂

lol. i’ve don’t three engine swaps so far in my life and all of them have taken way more time money and skill than i went it with!! 🤣

that’s why im having a shop pull my 1hdt rebuild it and put it back. i dont have time at this stage of life unfortunately. and thats not even swapping/changing anything !!

Haha man I’m not going to to lie, I’m at a point where my wife would kick my ass in my sleep if I did another engine swap haha so I’m right there with you

Finnaly got the Koso water temp gauge working.
First one i got seemed a cheap knockoff (got it from Germany) second one i got from china much better qaulity and properly sealed (Says made in Taiwan)

Just need to find a good spot for the guage im the dashboard and start figuring out temp ranges.

Screenshot_20240409_005937_Gallery.jpg
20240408_135449.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom