What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting Clifford ready for a trip to Utah.

IMG_0930.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

I kept burning out the AC amp so mine is bypassed too....has been for years. I just cycle it on and off manually. Kind of a pain, but mine really blows cold which is great since I am in Texas. Would love to find a solution so if you do something outside of the box you could share please do. I keep a thermometer sticking out one of my vents and can see when the air is close to freezing and just cycle the compressor on and off with the blower on.
What's this process like? I had my compressor replaced a few years ago, but I get stale temp air from it. Thought the compressor was dying again, but maybe its this?

I kept burning out the AC amp so mine is bypassed too....has been for years. I just cycle it on and off manually. Kind of a pain, but mine really blows cold which is great since I am in Texas. Would love to find a solution so if you do something outside of the box you could share please do. I keep a thermometer sticking out one of my vents and can see when the air is close to freezing and just cycle the compressor on and off with the blower on.
I've read that maybe using a 12v thermostat hobby box may solve that. Just set it to cycle off at 33 degrees or something then back on at 35 degrees?

Something like this?
Thermostat switch

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2116.jpeg

Snagged 2 volvo S40 seats from pick n pull. Requirement for the long drives planned this summer :)

Only tough part I think will be getting them low enough so my head is grazing the roof.

Next up is AC.....

I swapped out my plugs, cap and rotor because I had them. Since I had the plugs out, I checked compression while it was cold ~130psi across the board. Not too bad for 236k. It runs pretty good with the new plugs. This motor and all of its smoggy bits will soon be up for sale.

I had redone my AC in the early winter and it's been doing great keeping the condesation out of the interior, last Sunday was the first warm day I drove it and I was super impressed with the performance. I even had to move the temperature lever off of full cold! I'd call that a win.

Lastly, got a few more little things done on the LQ4. I got the clutch and flywheel installed, exhaust manifolds on and harness wrapped in heat wrap for the 02 sensors and where it goes by the exhaust. I test mounted the Marks Bell housing adapter, but it's more or less stalled until I get the H55 on the ground. I'm hoping to pull the 2f sometime next month.
20240316_144151.jpg

I've read that maybe using a 12v thermostat hobby box may solve that. Just set it to cycle off at 33 degrees or something then back on at 35 degrees?
Something like this?
Thermostat switch
yeah, i think i remember reading about a guy who rigged up something like that. I would just need step by step directions on the wiring and where to put the probe. Be interested to learn more in anyone had to go this route. Be nice not to have to cycle it on and off. I mean, it works, but just have to pay attention and not forget or I could freeze up. At lease it gets bone chilling cold so there is that....

Another playground run.

Just wrapped up a front axle rebuild into a refreshed straight housing, a full knuckle rebuild, new front brake lines, a Dobinsons IMS kit from @samc2447, caster shims from @orangefj45, & tire rotation.
Love the steelies. What type? That truck looks clean and fantastic.

I leveled the truck with extended front shackles. It sits a lot better than before. My front OME CS005F springs have really settled.

IMG_3283.JPEG

IMG_3274.jpeg

My steering gear box needed rebuilt so I sent it out to Redhead Steering Gears in Washington for rebuild and porting; I plan to add hydro-assist at some point. WOW does this 61 steer so nice now… like an 80 series, lol. I’ve driven it several times and no leaks thus far. 🤞

They did a great job at painting it up. I am pleased with how it turned out.

**if your box is leaking really bad and your steering is super loose you should get your box rebuilt. Total game changer.

IMG_8397.jpeg

Last edited:
I installed a carpet kit in my FJ60 from Auto custom carpets(OC carpet). There was a lot of trimming and adjusting and the technique of using a soldering iron to burn the seat mount holes was a good idea @POTATO LAUNCHER
I am pleased with the finished product! The kit is on sale for 353$ and 60$ for shipping!
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2360.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg

@mesa man that looks great. Carpet is one of those things that’s way down my list (after an engine rebuild, steering box rebuild, etc), but good lord it makes such a huge difference. I bet it feels really nice stepping into the truck with that.

@mesa man that looks great. Carpet is one of those things that’s way down my list (after an engine rebuild, steering box rebuild, etc), but good lord it makes such a huge difference. I bet it feels really nice stepping into the truck with that.
Thank you, it was low in the priority list until rodents created that disgusting urine smell and I refused to sleep in the 60! Now it’s fricken awesome! I want to go camping in it now! Thanks
Oh, and I put new mud tires!
1711637883613.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom