What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catching a snake in the road (Florida pine snake and somewhat rare) and picking up roadkill. In this case a young river otter in great condition. Snake was released and river otter will live on as a taxidermied specimen.

IMG_8295.jpg
IMG_8302.jpg

Put these stripes on my blue 60. Problem is the orange and yellow are not the right color (see the white 60). Does anyone know of a company that can make a custom roll with a 7.5” width? Prefer a domestic US company due to lead times. I ordered this kit from Fastdecals.com

A79C0ADC-CE15-4185-A9D5-1A65D53DD2BD.jpeg

9C6665F3-0834-43D7-9F74-116A7E5510FD.jpeg

81D8AB6F-42D4-47D2-A99B-301C86D65609.png

I installed a new Aisin water pump, FCT-049 fan clutch and belts. Broke my factory alternator lock down bolt which is NLA while putting it all back together. I found a new Toyota setup compiled courtesy of @mattressking reusing my old washer which is also NLA. I could have reused my original tensioner bolt as well.

VwzFHw8.jpg

hBQUpW6.jpg
That long bolt looks like the bolt I need for my A/C bracket. Do you know the correct "name" for that bolt? I need one. Thanks.

Installed a real "check engine light" in place of the factory "choke" light that I wired up when I did the 2FE install. Since the cluster was out, I also fabbed and installed the "skirt" that closes the opening above the tilt steering wheel. Thanks to @ToyotaMatt for the lens and the other goodies for the 40.
20220709_164703.jpg

So the shock bushings were all rusted to the mount stud. What do I do? Clean it up and reuse? In which case the diameter will be less. Weld on a new stud? My welds may not be strong enough for the constant stress. Replace the whole spring perch? Where do I get that?

If you want to hand out some cash for a better-than-stock replacement, I recommend the U-Bolt Flip Kit from 4Plus. I got the kit for my rears, but I like them so much that I'm considering getting a pair for the fronts.

FJ62 Re-Supply mission Thermostat Housings senders and sensors

this. past week ….

15B8092B-A436-4DEC-BA20-F8C9B4FA9C19.jpeg

DCD58E25-2D78-4BD6-8F0B-89397F585329.jpeg

EEF05684-9FDF-4190-8B69-9232D714D27B.jpeg

Battery disconnect, with a keyed padlock. Not perfect but a very good deterrent.

B76E9BA0-2B03-4922-8CD1-D6299F75A06A.png

Why did you need to do this?
8444776A-7041-4A5F-B249-482313940E19.jpeg
Great question as my frame is in good shape. I added factory 60 locked axles last year and due to the linkage/actuator off the passenger side of the diff, the spring plate is extended forward a bit. This allows the shock to clear the linkage. 60’s cross members are straight side to side which puts the shock at an odd angle. Net effect is it quickly deteriorates the bushings as well as any negative performance due to the angle. Late 62 and 61 frames came with a bend (forward) on the cross member to accommodate this. You should be able to see the difference in the attached pic.
8444776A-7041-4A5F-B249-482313940E19.jpeg

I don’t mind at all. Could you do me a favor and clarify what you’re wanting to know? What I did was cut out the tube that goes between the frame rails which the rear shocks mount to. If I missed the mark with your question, fire away and glad to respond.

Roof rust and gutter sealant repair. (See post #15,555) @FJ62 Jose
Used flap wheel to remove paint and most rust.
GUTTA2PREP.jpg

Used Plexiglas knife to cut out old sealant-discovered that the rust has propagated from interior.
GUTTASEALANT.jpg

Wirewheeled the gutter clear of remaining sealant and loose rust.
GUTTRWIRED.jpg

GUTTACORNER.jpg

Ready for Penetrol injection via cheap syringe and cocktail stirrer straws. . .
PENETROL1.jpg

Backstory-
I first did this repair 5 years ago, when I discovered two small pinhole rust bubbles, and re-did all of the gutter sealant and painted both underneath the gutter(above cargo window) as well as up on the roof edge. The primer/patch paint is visible below the gutter as I did not place a color coat there at that time. Since the Road maintenance freaks like to spray a salt brine during the winter months, the fine mist inevitably gets into every niche. :banghead:
Conclusion now is that I will need to peel off the interior headliner in order to apply a dousing of Penetrol to the interior parts of the roof panel / gutter/ body.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom