What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finishing up this rear bumper.

J

PXL_20220627_184421999.jpg

So the shock bushings were all rusted to the mount stud. What do I do? Clean it up and reuse? In which case the diameter will be less. Weld on a new stud? My welds may not be strong enough for the constant stress. Replace the whole spring perch? Where do I get that?
Resized_20220627_175000_2326.jpeg

Checked the valve lash - adjustment not needed! Air cleaned the air filter with compressed air.
Turned in the idle mixture screw to conserve a bit of fuel (hah) , timing is spot on.
Replaced the rear heater hoses under the cabin- (original dbl-band clamps and cotter-key / strapclamps). . . took a small shower in coolant, captured most of it, filtered the coolant and refilled radiator, burped . . .

Finally got around to fixing the clutch, which consisted of replacing the master & slave cylinders and a new flexible hose. Everything went OK, except for connecting the flexible hose to the hard-line....that was a PITA.
Since I had the hood open, figured also time to freshen it up with a new hood insulator. The old one was pretty nasty. Discovered 2 mouse nests up under it...
IMG_7150.jpeg

IMG_7149.jpeg

Nice, looks good.

I also need a new hood liner for my 60. Happen to have the part # and maybe how much it cost?

Nice, looks good.

I also need a new hood liner for my 60. Happen to have the part # and maybe how much it cost?
I started with a Google search on a 1982 FJ60 hood insulator. The prices are all over the place. I called a local Toyota dealer and asked the service manager why the disparity and what could he do for me. (Shipping ain’t cheap, even though it’s light, it’s a big box). He met me at a comparable price point $230. Also had to buy, I think 17 new clips.
Hood Insulator Part Number: 5334190A00

Just took it to camp for the weekend. Doing some work on the drive to make more room for snow, last year we got over 300" and was running out of room to plow.

But, if you look at the pass side front corner you'll notice a little scoop (pretty gehtto right now I'll make a better one). I removed the corner marker light and plumbed the air box snorkel right to it, a true cold air intake. It's dropped my IAT's into the turbo considerably, and If I'm sitting idling and temps creep up, as soon as I'm moving again they drop back down. Soon I'm pulling the whole system out and wrapping the manifold, down pipe, turbo blanket, and reflective taping all the intake tubing, all DEI stuff, already have it just need to not go out to camp one weekend.

camp.jpg

Met up with part of the crew. :)
Happy 4th all! :cheers:

IMG_8134.JPG

I installed a new Aisin water pump, FCT-049 fan clutch and belts. Broke my factory alternator lock down bolt which is NLA while putting it all back together. I found a new Toyota setup compiled courtesy of @mattressking reusing my old washer which is also NLA. I could have reused my original tensioner bolt as well.

VwzFHw8.jpg

hBQUpW6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom