What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one has me puzzled. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can some one tell me how and why this would happen? Fuel filter looks as though it got hot and deformed? It is located in an area that wouldn’t seem to get hot enough for this to happen.
6514B5DD-4696-49D5-8AA9-69602374EBE4.jpeg
4397ECF2-782B-4C8F-BA32-B4278DD6C780.jpeg
A8591E83-F913-4BCF-A02D-4E452B9D0D67.jpeg
EA2C9D14-70A1-4110-8D77-9C77CA864008.jpeg

Baselining a really nice 60 for a my boys mother. The PO cut out the headliner so out comes the windshield. Was surprised to note it’s an original Toyota glass. So the factory glue was intense. Hardest windshield I’ve ever pulled. Good news is there’s zero rust in the channel. I never glue these, but seeing the results of a water tight gasket it makes sense. Was cool to find the 22 shell casings at the base of the glass. I’ll be putting in a new headliner shortly along with a ton of other stuff.

View attachment 2924098

View attachment 2924099

View attachment 2924101
My 60 had a brand new box of 525 .22 LR hollow points under the driver seat when I picked it up. That was a cool find, too!

Baselining a really nice 60 for a my boys mother. The PO cut out the headliner so out comes the windshield. Was surprised to note it’s an original Toyota glass. So the factory glue was intense. Hardest windshield I’ve ever pulled. Good news is there’s zero rust in the channel. I never glue these, but seeing the results of a water tight gasket it makes sense. Was cool to find the 22 shell casings at the base of the glass. I’ll be putting in a new headliner shortly along with a ton of other stuff.

View attachment 2924098

View attachment 2924099

View attachment 2924101
Looking forward to seeing the headliner installed.
I need a new one myself. Not looking forward to removing the front and side glass.

This one has me puzzled. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can some one tell me how and why this would happen? Fuel filter looks as though it got hot and deformed? It is located in an area that wouldn’t seem to get hot enough for this to happen. View attachment 2925204View attachment 2925205View attachment 2925206View attachment 2925207
I have actually seen this on a 2F before. I just changed the filter but never dig into it to figure out what/why it happened.

Looking forward to seeing the headliner installed.
I need a new one myself. Not looking forward to removing the front and side glass.
They are sorta fun. Last one I did was cloth so curious to see how this vinyl one works out. It’s not too technical, just more of a PITA. I’ll document it in my barn thread.

This one has me puzzled. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can some one tell me how and why this would happen? Fuel filter looks as though it got hot and deformed? It is located in an area that wouldn’t seem to get hot enough for this to happen. View attachment 2925204View attachment 2925205View attachment 2925206View attachment 2925207
Cheap replacement. Plastic is likely damaged by ethanol in the fuel. The clip that mounts and holds the filter puts pressure on it and it starts to look like that. It’s happened to two or three of my filters in the past.

If the plastic got hot enough to melt like that I’m almost certain it would ignite the fuel in it.

Installed BOSS airbags from SloCruisers. If any of you carry added weight on a daily basis, I highly recommend this setup. Although not for everyone or every application, but for what I do in my rig, this was one of the better mods I have done. Super, super easy install, parts are superior quality and all parts were accounted for (with extras) and packaged and labeled great. Instructions are a bit lacking, but once you unbox and lay everything out, the install couldn’t be easier (a bit easier if you had a lift I guess), but very doable on a creeper. The ride is so much better, mine is an ‘84 without the rear sway bar. I was actually going to fab up the brackets and such to install a rear sway bar, but now with the air bags the body roll is very minimal as is the road walking boat feeling. I was also thinking about an add a leaf in the rear (went OME light/medium, should have gone with the HEAVY kit) but now with the air bags I can dial in the rear lift as needed. I’m pretty heavy with a rear swing out, fuel can, water can and then probably another 150# of gear in the rear, roof rack, awning, etc. and probably more to come. I’m running ~25 psi. I love the ability to adjust based on weight/no weight. Highly recommended! First 2 pictures are before, the rest are after.
View attachment 2923435View attachment 2923436
Your flexible brake line between the rear axle and body looks like it should be replaced with a longer hose. The breather hose looks to be at its limit of travel as well. It’s fun spending other people’s 💵

On Monday last week, I picked up a Safari Snorkel from @cruiseroutfit, and Tuesday night we had it in. Pretty straightforward install! Super pumped with how it turned out.

Looks great :cool:

Thanks again!

Found a local guy who makes motorcycle bags to make me some new rear interior panels. They snap and have some sound deadening material inbetween the two layers of canvas, shoot him an email if anyone wants a set, he’s got the template now. Wheelborne - Products - https://www.wheelborne.com/ Really hyped to get my nasty falling apart panels out

DDC535FD-C87F-4C14-8A44-17588F8ADDC8.jpeg

2857DE24-948D-4567-BE16-0B15A5A50BD9.jpeg

4CC91300-2670-49CD-80AE-622090E3E1AC.jpeg

How did you come to buy this option/mfg over another? Are they adjustable? Im looking to prep my rig for towing a trailer and many said air bags are very helpful.
I had air bags on my Tacoma, which was a heavy heavy rig when I was loaded out, I could shoot air in either side to level it back out, then when I unloaded I could let some air out and back to level again when empty. They were a little harder to install in the Tacoma, but still pretty simple. As for these on my 60, I can’t say enough positive things. I don’t know if you saw my entire post, but I was contemplating added a leaf from OME, but was dreading the install. Knowing how great they were on the Tacoma, I started researching. I found 2 different types, this one and another one that I saw in a post from @wngrog used. They are a cylindrical type with an internal bump stop (if I recall correctly). Unfortunately the lead time was too far out for me. The BOSS kit from SloCruisers showed up in days. I read nothing but great things about the BOSS kit, and they seemed very similar to the ones on my Tacoma, so I had some familiarity with that type. Install was stupid easy (if you had a lift they probably install themselves lol) it only took about 25-30 min per side (on my back, on a creeper) and I’m OCD so I took my time. No drilling, cutting, grinding or welding, all bolt on with quality parts. I ran the schrader valves to my rear bumper at the bottom because it already had holes there for a hitch. So I can add air to either the right or left side depending on the weight I’m carrying. Very customizable to your needs. Helped tremendously with my body roll as well. I’m not always loaded out for camping, so it’s nice to deflate when I’m unloaded so I don’t have a dramatic rake. As for towing, I can’t say. I don’t tow but people I know that do tow with air bags say they are great. I love them, but I’m just one person with my specific rig, you may not like them or you may love them. Just read up and ask around some more on MUD for different opinions. I’ll just say this, I’ve had them on 2 rigs and love them on both, so I’m a little biased. The kit ran around $400 with shipping. Install is so easy that you could always try them and if you don’t like them, pull them and sell them. You could probably easily get almost all your $$ back. HTH

I had air bags on my Tacoma, which was a heavy heavy rig when I was loaded out, I could shoot air in either side to level it back out, then when I unloaded I could let some air out and back to level again when empty. They were a little harder to install in the Tacoma, but still pretty simple. As for these on my 60, I can’t say enough positive things. I don’t know if you saw my entire post, but I was contemplating added a leaf from OME, but was dreading the install. Knowing how great they were on the Tacoma, I started researching. I found 2 different types, this one and another one that I saw in a post from @wngrog used. They are a cylindrical type with an internal bump stop (if I recall correctly). Unfortunately the lead time was too far out for me. The BOSS kit from SloCruisers showed up in days. I read nothing but great things about the BOSS kit, and they seemed very similar to the ones on my Tacoma, so I had some familiarity with that type. Install was stupid easy (if you had a lift they probably install themselves lol) it only took about 25-30 min per side (on my back, on a creeper) and I’m OCD so I took my time. No drilling, cutting, grinding or welding, all bolt on with quality parts. I ran the schrader valves to my rear bumper at the bottom because it already had holes there for a hitch. So I can add air to either the right or left side depending on the weight I’m carrying. Very customizable to your needs. Helped tremendously with my body roll as well. I’m not always loaded out for camping, so it’s nice to deflate when I’m unloaded so I don’t have a dramatic rake. As for towing, I can’t say. I don’t tow but people I know that do tow with air bags say they are great. I love them, but I’m just one person with my specific rig, you may not like them or you may love them. Just read up and ask around some more on MUD for different opinions. I’ll just say this, I’ve had them on 2 rigs and love them on both, so I’m a little biased. The kit ran around $400 with shipping. Install is so easy that you could always try them and if you don’t like them, pull them and sell them. You could probably easily get almost all your $$ back. HTH
Appreciate the reply...great detail. This is going to be a remarkably dumb question. but i'm just so unaware, You inflate them with? what exactly? Do you have an air compressor on your rig? Hows that work? thanks. ohhhh I read @wngrog thread just now, in the middle...hes using the Boss kit as well. They look hefty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom