What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took my truck out for a shakedown trip and did about 90 miles of dirt. My favorite part was dropping down to the South Platte River for some fishing and an overnight camp. Metberry Gulch Trail

IMG_4370.jpeg

Took the wife’s 62 for an afternoon of trail riding.

View attachment 2695325
dude I gotta ask, what's the deal on those roof bars? did you make them? look like wood with some sort of lightweight anodized aluminum. Do tell. thanks.

dude I gotta ask, what's the deal on those roof bars? did you make them? look like wood with some sort of lightweight anodized aluminum. Do tell. thanks.
You are correct, it is aluminum and the wood is Cumaru. A friend of mine made it as a prototype for a new rack...Bowfin Cruisers.

I'll let Pat @dogfishlake chime in.

I spent the last few days installing PT Cruiser seats My original drivers seat was vomiting foam and wasn't comfortable at all.
These seat recline, no heat/A/C, no lumbar support (this may end up being a mistake) but they are comfortable (short trips) so far. I sit taller with these seats.
Here's a couple of photos. I very pleased how they match the interior. I paid $74 at a local "pull it yourself" yard.
The photo that includes the tranny hump and floor board is illuminated by my under dash LED lights.

front seats side view with floor mats and lights.jpg

front seats side view.jpg

You are correct, it is aluminum and the wood is Cumaru. A friend of mine made it as a prototype for a new rack...Bowfin Cruisers.

I'll let Pat @dogfishlake chime in.
hey Ocho77 I have Pat's racks on both my trucks my 62 and my 80 series. didn't know he had access to such exotic woods up in Michigan!

hey Ocho77 I have Pat's racks on both my trucks my 62 and my 80 series. didn't know he had access to such exotic woods up in Michigan!
That's awesome! I have his other 60 rack and 80 rack as well. He makes great stuff and it would be tough to find a better guy to support. He and I were driving some trails last week and snapped some pictures of both our 60's.

FYI, I grew up in PHX the first 15 years of my life. If you ever make it to MI you'll have a place to stay and food to eat. And plenty of beautiful, wooded trails...

Tested the charcoal canister and heard/felt air moving thru the different ports, so I'm going to keep running the factory one for a while. Then went to inspect and change spark plugs and the clip inside the #3 wire remained on the plug when the boot came off… so ordered a new wire set. Denso 671-6186 is about $30, NGK RC-TZ38 is about $75, and the OE Yazaki is about $65 for those curious.

so when it rains really hard my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have not been able to isolate the problem. I replaced the door seals with double ones so I dont think that is it. I am thinking that I need to remove my fender and reseal like you did. What was the reason you did this and how hard was that fender to remove??
I am in the same boat with water ingress. Fender removal etc in my future.

I am in the same boat with water ingress. Fender removal etc in my future.
Yeah, I am gonna do a search on here on how to remove and also run by my buddies body shop and see how much he would charge to pull, sell and reattach. If he will do it for less than $200 bucks I am gonna let him do it.....just too busy. Meanwhile I have been covering it up front or putting it in the garage when it rains a lot. I replaced the carpet and want to keep it in good shape.

I has a bit of water ingress, but it's from a bubbly rust pocket where the windshield gasket and roof come together. I'm about due for a new wind shield.

Wondering if grinding down the rust to bare metal and filling it will suffice. I do not have the time or ambition to remove the headliner as she's my daily. Please advise.

That's awesome! I have his other 60 rack and 80 rack as well. He makes great stuff and it would be tough to find a better guy to support. He and I were driving some trails last week and snapped some pictures of both our 60's.

FYI, I grew up in PHX the first 15 years of my life. If you ever make it to MI you'll have a place to stay and food to eat. And plenty of beautiful, wooded trails...
now THAT'S some Cruiserhead hospitality! thanks bud. And same here.

Kumaru tropical hardwood on aluminum exrtusion with Bowfin latches and side plates. Next product up on the list.
@Ocho77 has rack #1

Have to finish the bracing and the tie down setup and it is ready. Will be model specific for the 60 and 80 series to start.

32155.jpeg

Here's another pic on my buddy's red 87

Kumaru tropical hardwood on aluminum exrtusion with Bowfin latches and side plates. Next product up on the list.
@Ocho77 has rack #1

Have to finish the bracing and the tie down setup and it is ready. Will be model specific for the 60 and 80 series to start.
HE SPEAKS !!! ..... look who decided to chime in. Hey Pat put me down for a set of each one please both 60 and 80 series. Thanks bud looking forward to seeing y'all in August. Rocky Mountain High ... PS I use that canoe roller ALL THE TIME.

After fixing a variety of dents and a bent rain gutter a few months ago, I finally completed the prep and sprayed a sealer, base and clear this weekend. Got it about 70% back together. Turned out pretty good for a garage paint job. Lucked out and had perfect weather with no bugs.

IMG_20201110_164556-1.jpg

IMG_20201110_170524-1.jpg

20210613_180224.jpg

20210613_180218.jpg

20210613_180246.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom