What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the desmog

1Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

Drove up to NC for the ONSC Carolina Relic Run. Won the Iron Butt award. Had a killer day wheeling every trail at Uwharrie with @GLTHFJ60 and then almost completely wrecked it the next day. Still made the 600 mile drive home the next day though.

E45BFE1B-E0A3-4F8B-9229-D7C656215E73.jpeg

E6E2C546-D2EC-45CA-A638-725721F23DA6.jpeg

22D93943-734C-445E-AB61-72CC917E8C02.jpeg

Drove up to NC for the ONSC Carolina Relic Run. Won the Iron Butt award. Had a killer day wheeling every trail at Uwharrie with @GLTHFJ60 and then almost completely wrecked it the next day. Still made the 600 mile drive home the next day though.

View attachment 2697641
View attachment 2697640
View attachment 2697639

That sucks about that tree jumping out like that. Crazy how some bumpers seem to compound the damage. Do think that was the case or maybe it absorbed enough of the impact to save your radiator? I'm glad you had a great time any how.

That sucks about that tree jumping out like that. Crazy how some bumpers seem to compound the damage. Do think that was the case or maybe it absorbed enough of the impact to save your radiator? I'm glad you had a great time any how.

bumper 100% saved the rest of the truck. That was a 35-40 mph hit. I drove it 600 miles home problem free afterwards. The tree did not “jump out”, I hit the closest one I could before the truck gained any more speed/rolled.

bumper 100% saved the rest of the truck. That was a 35-40 mph hit. I drove it 600 miles home problem free afterwards. The tree did not “jump out”, I hit the closest one I could before the truck gained any more speed/rolled.
Now the picture makes sense.

Driver error?

I pulled my driver side fender and put some seam sealer that @CenTXFJ60 recommended. He even told me how to remove the fender! Lots of bolts.
Funny thing, the fender had never been pulled yet there wasn't the hose for the vent. Hmmm. Saki night the night before her 7/86 born on date perhaps? Saki bombs lol.

Installed new OEM side marker lights.
Stripped the interior with @CenTXFJ60 to pull the tranny a few weeks ago to do some other stuff. So I ordered the 80 mil noico deadener. I am to lazy to make a thread lol.

IMG_20210608_182240234_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210609_185800878_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210609_185744887_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210530_195213543.jpg

Finally got one of them fancy factory inclinometers installed, with some electrical parts help from @ToyotaMatt. LED backlight bulb and factory plug. Got the inclinometer from @FJ40GURU.

Cruiser lean confirmed. The struggle is real.

IMG_6548.jpg
IMG_6550.jpg
IMG_6551.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled my driver side fender and put some seam sealer that @CenTXFJ60 recommended. He even told me how to remove the fender! Lots of bolts.
Funny thing, the fender had never been pulled yet there wasn't the hose for the vent. Hmmm. Saki night the night before her 7/86 born on date perhaps? Saki bombs lol.

Installed new OEM side marker lights.
Stripped the interior with @CenTXFJ60 to pull the tranny a few weeks ago to do some other stuff. So I ordered the 80 mil noico deadener. I am to lazy to make a thread lol.

View attachment 2699370

View attachment 2699371

View attachment 2699378

View attachment 2699398

so when it rains really hard my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have not been able to isolate the problem. I replaced the door seals with double ones so I dont think that is it. I am thinking that I need to remove my fender and reseal like you did. What was the reason you did this and how hard was that fender to remove??

so when it rains really hard my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have not been able to isolate the problem. I replaced the door seals with double ones so I dont think that is it. I am thinking that I need to remove my fender and reseal like you did. What was the reason you did this and how hard was that fender to remove??
Not hard just a lot of bolts to remove. Lots of great help on mud same things, my carpet was always soaked. @CenTXFJ60 sprayed all over with a garden hose until we found the leak.

so when it rains really hard my drivers side carpet gets wet. I have not been able to isolate the problem.

Not the lower corner of the windshield leaking, like most (mine)?

Not my windshield. I need to pull heater core on passenger side a seal that next. Using a water hose will allow you to identify exactly where the leak is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom