What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm adding a spal 10" pusher fan and a Davies Craig fan controller. I'm not relying on this to help the engine coolant temps. They are in control but the ac really falls off at idle after a few mins. This is similar to what certain rest of world 80 series got. Besides this, I'm looking to add some ceramic UV blocking tint once I find new inner window felts.

I'll space the condenser line up with a 1" spacer and seal the fan to the radiator with some dense foam. This controller also allows me to easily add another fan. I could fit a 6" fan on the other side.

Summit Racing fan controller

This is the fan controller. It was really simple and it uses a temperature contact probe, but I can also swap it for a coolant temp sensor.

I'm using this thread as a reference.

View attachment 2706366

View attachment 2706372
Looking good! This is where I am at. Still need to wire it up and finish a bracket.
417580B4-5F14-4147-8B5C-75E8ABFBD649.jpeg

Ordered A/C parts: Compressor, Condensor + Rcvr Drier....all Denso. Hopin the Evaporator is good. Cant even believe itll have A/C.....crazzzzzzzzzzy
Where did you order all your A/C stuff from?
that’s next on the to do list for my 60!

a fellow member was kind enough to LIVE REAL Time Test fit and Function Test , and shoot a very high quality TECH. Video as well

of my new
84310-60181-R

i am truly grateful to be surrounded buy kind fellow MUD members in every way :)

Untitled.png

Added a t-case extension to my DD FJ60

Added length gives more leverage for shifting, plus do not have to lean over so far to reach the lever.

IMG_6389.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG

Added length gives more leverage for shifting, plus do not have to lean over so far to reach the lever.

View attachment 2709289View attachment 2709290
Ok, I am liking that upgrade..cheap too. The site lists that is it for the 80/100/LX450/LX470........assuming since you are showing it that it would fit my 60 without any modifications???

Ok, I am liking that upgrade..cheap too. The site lists that is it for the 80/100/LX450/LX470........assuming since you are showing it that it would fit my 60 without any modifications???

Absolutely no modification and very easily reversed. Just unscrew the t-case knob and screw on the extension.

Absolutely no modification and very easily reversed. Just unscrew the t-case knob and screw on the extension.
Thanks for posting. I just ordered three, one for my FJ60 and one each for my two FJ40s.

Took it wheeling with my dad, brother and a few friends. This was the first run since finishing the 1HZ conversion, and everything worked great. We had it up to 5,000 ft without even a hint of smoke, and heading up into the mountains in 105* heat was a good test of the cooling system. I'm really happy with how well its running.

The H55 + 4:1 tcase gears have totally changed how this truck drives, its amazing on the trail.

Dry Creek FJ60.JPG

20210619_105233.jpg

20210620_070326.jpg

PXL_20210619_204015489.jpg

Last edited:

Just screws on eh? Genius!!! Was always a PITA to shift in/outta 4H4L...moat excellent.

Just ordered one as well. Will probably do the 2-Low mod while messing with it. I wonder if anyone could fab up a new shifter decal to show the 2-Low. That would be sweeeet! Anyways I degress...

Just ordered one as well. Will probably do the 2-Low mod while messing with it. I wonder if anyone could fab up a new shifter decal to show the 2-Low. That would be sweeeet! Anyways I degress...
Whats the 2L mod? #Thanks

This certainly isn’t as cool as the tailgate storage hatches, but it does provide a useful space for spare drive belts. Will do the same to the other side for spare cooling system hoses.. Just need to undo the Phillips head screws to gain access - but this is for emergency spares only so that doesn’t worry me…

76FA61C0-76FE-4E9A-8DAA-39B676C7D432.jpeg

CA2A5E79-E019-4AEE-970E-5F463F2CEA6B.jpeg

2lo mod -

2lo mod with text.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom