What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So this is actually 4s in front 5s in th rear right? Im 98% on OMEs...and thinking 4s+4s front + rear.... Hows the 4-5 set up feel?

Yes I think it’s the same as 4-5, even though my springs all have a 4 on them. I can only compare to my old dead springs but I think it feels great (and I’ve had passengers agree). I’m sure it’s relatively stiff around town, especially with the OME Sport shocks, but it’s really great when loaded up. It’s worth noting that I got my springs used so they were already a bit broken in.

I found these as I was going through my Cruiser. paper work. Amazing these are 37 years old. The original owner kept eveything

20210223_102425.jpg

Why did you decide on heavy-medium? Is the Med in front? Im in process of choosing...leaning towards Med-Med or #4s in front + rear.

OME 2-3" Light (FR)/Medium (R) here:

PvWApJV.jpg

UODuTdP.jpg

It's settled a bit in a year:

IAsseoF.jpg

Tires are stock 60 size 235/75/15 (29") K02s

I fixed the notorious back up lights not working. I had to take up both boots to the shifters but worth it. One of the wires to Back up switch became unsoldered. Instead of wasting money on buying a new one. I soldered that sucker back and WHAM...i got back up lights!
20210224_121451.jpg

Last edited:
I got the H4 housings from Susquehanna along with the harness, H1 housings I found cheap on Amazon as an open box deal. All are e code housings. Couldn’t pass on the price. I was prob at about $365 total for everything. Money well spent IMHO
I'm wondering about this.. my lights are stock and seem ok now. Def could be brighter. I've heard people mention these light replacments:
Sounds like a complete plug-n-play replacement.. about $400 total?

Low Beam: H4656 Sealed Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit - https://www.headlightexperts.com/low-beam-h4656-sealed-beam-led-headlight-conversion-kit
High Beam: H4651 Sealed Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit - https://www.headlightexperts.com/high-beam-h4651-sealed-beam-led-headlight-conversion-kit

I gutted the floor thinking I could layer in Killmat sound deadening and put in new carpet from @dnp. Then I found rust. I guess I won't be driving Grace until I get some fresh metal welded in.View attachment 2563767
Oh man.. this is my fear. Exact same plan for my ‘90fj62. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Haven’t ordered the @dnp carpet yet, but already got the kilmat. Not much rust elsewhere, and I am in So Cal.. so hopefully not too bad when I peel back the old stock carpeting. 🤞g’luck!

52350E20-266E-41CB-BD65-DD02F1586385.jpeg

It seems like the consensus is that if you do LED bulbs in a replacement housing the light doesn’t focus well and has no real cutoff and blinds oncoming traffic. I had a 60 with a similar setup, and it was bright, but a very different scattering of light rather than a nice focused beam....and you gotta deal with the polarity/no high beam situation

Knocked a few items off my list:
  1. Lubed door locks and window mechanisms (and track), 3/4 power locks returned to normal function
  2. lubed steering wheel horn pin to address insane screeching while turning, will pull this weekend to see if it needs replacing
  3. lubed the driveshaft with the exception of a few U joints I didnt have access to due to my style grease gun.. got a needle tip that I will use tonight to finish the job
  4. This weekend -- hitting up the pick a part to get some modern toyota horns to replace mine!

It seems like the consensus is that if you do LED bulbs in a replacement housing the light doesn’t focus well and has no real cutoff and blinds oncoming traffic. I had a 60 with a similar setup, and it was bright, but a very different scattering of light rather than a nice focused beam....and you gotta deal with the polarity/no high beam situation
Hmm. Good to know. I’ll do some more research. There is a high beam option as I’d need to buy two pairs. But I’ll definitely look before I leap. Thanks!!

Agreed. Truck is so well executed. Shift boots are the ONLY items that I loathe. So simple but so irritating.

Ok I swear this isn’t a humble brag but I removed my shifter boots, cleaned them, and reinstalled them earlier this week. I thought getting the bolts lined up was annoying but not difficult. Maybe I didn’t install them correctly? I just put the inner boot on first, then the outer boot with its retaining plate, and bolted it all down together. I’m worried that I missed something. I have an early 84 60 if that makes any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom