What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the much needed H4/H1 headlight upgrade.
Susquehanna Motorsports harness and got the Hella housings from them and Amazon. Light output is amazing compared to the old sealed beams.
6AE593BD-5307-4704-9919-29B030C80069.jpeg
EE16DC90-1151-4705-9173-AE4C7D1641A3.jpeg
8A61C0EF-DCF8-4D99-A87A-A324901028C6.jpeg
D6C4120F-A2D9-45F2-8EBC-065E9CCDA451.jpeg

This is next on my to-do list. Which housings did you have to get from them?
I got the H4 housings from Susquehanna along with the harness, H1 housings I found cheap on Amazon as an open box deal. All are e code housings. Couldn’t pass on the price. I was prob at about $365 total for everything. Money well spent IMHO

Installed a brand new H55F with a rebuilt transfer case. Used the long spline input gear. What a massive improvement this is! Quite a bear of a job to do alone, but it can be done! Don’t have many pictures because I was two days behind schedule...View attachment 2549356View attachment 2549354View attachment 2549357View attachment 2549355
Man, I wish I had known this was happening. Would have loved to bear witness to the swap. Oh well, guess that means I'll try to wrangle you as an experienced bystander when I pull my tranny here in the next few month. You have been formally warned!

The weekend started today as I changed the clutch fan on my 84...wasn't too bad. I didn't have to take off the belt. I did; however, did disconnect the top radiator hose which made the ease of it coming out better. I ordered an Aisin Fan Clutch off Amazon (with tax was $75), which stated it would fit Osiris...it DID NOT, so don't make the mistake I made Do not order Aisin FCT-017 Clutch Fan because it's totally different. I read another forum on here and went with Napa (274336- around $57) and it was exactly like the one that came off.

Notice the difference from the original compared to the Amazon one.

Installation was smooth and I didn't have to use a special tool to turn the water pump as I used a flat head screw driver and turn it.

Amazon Fan Clutch (Aisin FCT-017) on LEFT Original Fan Clutch on RIGHT
20210122_134143.jpg

20210122_121650.jpg

The weekend started today as I changed the clutch fan on my 84...wasn't too bad. I didn't have to take off the belt. I did; however, did disconnect the top radiator hose which made the ease of it coming out better. I ordered an Aisin Fan Clutch off Amazon (with tax was $75), which stated it would fit Osiris...it DID NOT, so don't make the mistake I made Do not order Aisin FCT-017 Clutch Fan because it's totally different. I read another forum on here and went with Napa (274336- around $57) and it was exactly like the one that came off.

Notice the difference from the original compared to the Amazon one.

Installation was smooth and I didn't have to use a special tool to turn the water pump as I used a flat head screw driver and turn it.

View attachment 2561625
View attachment 2561628

No idea what that is on the right but I assure you the Amazon AISIN clutch 'fits'. On my '84 right now. Curious, how did it not fit for you?

Last edited:
No idea what that is on the right but I assure you the Amazon AISIN clutch 'fits'. On my '84 right now. Curious, how did it not fit for you?
Let me rephrase ...it did fit but I was told by a mechanic here that the part that is going on should look like the part coming off. So if it fits on your 84 then i stand corrected.

Man, I wish I had known this was happening. Would have loved to bear witness to the swap. Oh well, guess that means I'll try to wrangle you as an experienced bystander when I pull my tranny here in the next few month. You have been formally warned!
Hell yeah man, I got everything you need to do it.

Let me rephrase ...it did fit but I was told by a mechanic here that the part that is going on should look like the part coming off. So if it fits on your 84 then i stand corrected.

I have to agree with @Gretsch...not sure what's on the right, but the left is what came off my 60 and what showed up in the mail when I ordered a new fan clutch.

Got the front Ironman suspension put on minus the steering stabilizer that I cant get off. Started on the rear suspension. I am still amazed at the lack of rust, I think I really lucked out.

I really need to get a new phone with a working camera!

Started working on temporarily converting my firewood shed into a car port to keep the cab dry...
I think I am going to take down the rear wall between wood storage and the mower shed so I can get the truck all the way under cover until the shop is built.
Also worked on my daily driver a bit, new exhaust and intake going on slowly.

A53F3D45-00E1-4AB4-847F-19BC0EB2F5CE.jpeg

E31B4EC3-D571-4DA6-87A2-30B89C55F500.jpeg

Have not worked on a 60 in some time :(. However, my son @mcguirejohnson helped me do the injectors (LB7) on Fetcher who’s hauled many cruisers & parts over the years. Also my DD.
D976DDC3-C91E-48B8-91D0-A51E2BA64D57.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom